Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2017 6:23:00 PM EDT
Aero precision is running a December only deal on winter camo AR parts.

They have matching camo for Uppers/Lowers/stocks/grips and mags.

Anyone got a winter rifle?  Tacticool or is there a legit reason to own one?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, here in the Florida panhandle it will help me lose my rifle in the sugar white sand.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
For a dedicated coyote rig where the intent is to primarily harvest fur then sure.  For fur, you'll be taking the in the winter and in the northern midwest that means snow.

I mostly hunt them in the winter, none of my ars are setup like that, but it would be nice.  My cousin has a tikka in .243 that's cerkoted in it, looks sick.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, here in the Florida panhandle it will help me lose my rifle in the sugar white sand.
View Quote

See that is where I am at.  Why?  I wanna FO but I hardly ever see snow in winter and even if I did its not like I will be overwatch in the dead of winter.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aero precision is running a December only deal on winter camo AR parts.

They have matching camo for Uppers/Lowers/stocks/grips and mags.

Anyone got a winter rifle?  Tacticool or is there a legit reason to own one?
View Quote
I have some white furniture I used to put on my rifle in the winter, but now I just wrap it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you Tony Montana and need to hide your rifle in a big pile of blow?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For a dedicated coyote rig where the intent is to primarily harvest fur then sure.  For fur, you'll be taking the in the winter and in the northern midwest that means snow.
View Quote

Coyote vision that good?  I haven't had to deal with them - Suburban warrior.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have some white furniture I used to put on my rifle in the winter, but now I just wrap it.
View Quote
athletic tape?  gauze?
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I think they look really cool.

The whole camo pattern concern is overrated for most types of rifle hunting.  Noise and scent play bigger roles than whether you use Mossy Oak break up or surplus woodland camo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I am in the middle of putting together a LR308 that will get winter camo cerakote.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish Magpul would make a winter set of furniture.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Shitty pic... but one of mine on the left:
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think they look really cool.

The whole camo pattern concern is overrated for most types of rifle hunting.  Noise and scent play bigger roles than whether you use Mossy Oak break up or surplus woodland camo.
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, they can see pretty well.  Not as well as Turkey but they still have decent vision.  Out here in central Illinois it's pretty wide open, anything to lessen visibility especially on a high contrast, white background like snow is probably a good idea.  Younger dogs don't generally spook easy but the for the old ones that have lived through a few seasons, camo helps.

Also, always be downwind from where you think they'll approach, scent is still most important.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

See that is where I am at.  Why?  I wanna FO but I hardly ever see snow in winter and even if I did its not like I will be overwatch in the dead of winter.
View Quote
You could always just do it because you want to.
You probably won't die because your rifle has winter camo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#16]
This is all you need to do.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

athletic tape?  gauze?
View Quote
Typically Mcnett Camp Form:
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#18]
thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Not needed for most users, and those who do need it can simply wrap their rifles.

All that said, I do think Kryptek Yeti looks pretty sweet.

(Ignore that it's a silly BRO rifle)
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not needed for most users, and those who do need it can simply wrap their rifles.

All that said, I do think Kryptek Yeti looks pretty sweet.

(Ignore that it's a silly BRO rifle)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f9/88/90/f988901f40be2d09c01aa700e071575e.jpg
View Quote
That looks really nice - Better than what Aero is offering (They have a lot of ICE Blue in theirs)
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Better than a deer and nearly as good as a turkey.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I wrap mine when needed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#26]
All white tend to stand out.
Same when they have too much black/green.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#27]
All my camo guns are a desert theme. Works just as good in the summer as winter.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Black stands out more than just about anything except blaze orange or bright pink. In a non-urban setting, black is near the bottom of the list for preferred colors.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]
My winter camo pretty much looks like my summer camo....
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All my camo guns are a desert theme. Works just as good in the summer as winter.
View Quote
Wi deer in the middle of a deer yard mid Feb don't turn white either
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't worry, the seething mass of snakes and bugs will eventually deposit it somewhere you can see it.

Link Posted: 12/4/2017 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've never thought of taking my AR pompano fishing
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 3:02:03 AM EDT
[#34]
stretch a white sock over the stock and forearm, cut a hole in the toe for the muzzle to stick out ...DONE!  
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, they can see pretty well.  Not as well as Turkey but they still have decent vision.  Out here in central Illinois it's pretty wide open, anything to lessen visibility especially on a high contrast, white background like snow is probably a good idea.  Younger dogs don't generally spook easy but the for the old ones that have lived through a few seasons, camo helps.

Also, always be downwind from where you think they'll approach, scent is still most important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big difference though. Coyote recognize the human form as human, moving or not, while deer and Turkey are easily fooled if your not moving. You can be sitting still and deer just ignore you, coyote take one look, recognize you as human and haul pass.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Big difference though. Coyote recognize the human form as human, moving or not, while deer and Turkey are easily fooled if your not moving. You can be sitting still and deer just ignore you, coyote take one look, recognize you as human and haul pass.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also Very true.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#37]
A few strips of burlap, a little white spray paint, you're good. If you 're really into that sort of thing.
Top Top