Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because they are ugly?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thank you. King of the pureskins, folks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What about verse 27?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone in here always shit talks them but can never explain why.  Is it some bible verse to hate tattoos or something?

Leviticus 19:28
What about verse 27?
Or 19:33-34.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Partly, it's because of a Half-Joking Anti-Ink crusade, started, or led by Dkprof.
View Quote
More like completely joking.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never looked at someone and thought they would look better with tattoos. To each their own though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've never looked at someone and thought they would look better with tattoos. To each their own though.
View Quote
Have you ever looked at someone and thought they'd be better with a certain dye of jeans? Or a certain shade of shirt? Usually i just look at faces.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I’’ll see a smoking hot chick at the gym or running and then as soon as I see ink it’s an immediate boner killer for me. They might as well tattoo “slut” on their foreheads.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
People get tattoos because they need attention. No other reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
People get tattoos because they need attention. No other reason.
Quoted:
I don't hate tattoos.  I just think that those with them should be confined to a separate forum, away from the decent people.
Quoted:
LOK AT ME !!!!  LOOK AT ME !!!!
All this
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’’ll see a smoking hot chick at the gym or running and then as soon as I see ink it’s an immediate boner killer for me. They might as well tattoo “slut” on their foreheads.
View Quote
If they were fat, to what degree do you think this would override your inclination to be a "boner killer" versus a tattoo?

Like if a 350lb woman, or "girl", without tattoos would incline you to think "yeah i'd fuck her" versus a 115lb woman with sleeves?

I find it still odd you'd entirely, at a beyond 100% level, disregard the influence of face or personality. You directly implied it yourself: if anyone has tattoos, no matter what, they're a boner killer / incompatible. They could be the cutest girl on earth, with an AR15 tattoo on their butt-cheek, and still be unattractive, per the laws of analytic reductionism under your specific statement.

You can argue all you want that this is a strawman argument, as is fashionable in gd, yet analytically, it still begs the question.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you want a serious answer:

Partly, it's because of a Half-Joking Anti-Ink crusade, started, or led by Dkprof.

And Partly, because it is a physical manifestation of the downfall of our society.   Allow me to elaborate:  There was a time when only Sailors, Marines, Motorcycle thugs, and Convicts, had Tats.

(Maybe a few Soldiers too, commemorating a night in Bangkok)

-And that was just fine.  All was right with the world.

Then, it became the trendy thing for every wannabee badass, hipsters, Skanks, Bros, the dudes that wear Tapout shirts and drive lifted truck rolling coal...   It turned into a horrible cliche'

Cliches ain't cool.

The tattoo fad illustrates the fact that white culture is lost and adrift.  It isn't the problem.  It's merely a symptom.

In an age where marriage is dead, faith is dead, and the American Dream is dead, people are desperately latching onto anything that can give their lives "meaning". .   People have lost hope for the future, so why not spend their money on frivolous self decoration.  Why not focus on crudity and self destruction, rather than self improvement?

In our "Classless society" People cannot help but self segregate, and it's a relentless race to the bottom.

Our modern life is physically too easy, but mentally too tough.    Drug use, Tats, bizarre sexual compulsions, liberalism and other mental issues, are the inevitable result.

I don't judge.   Life is tough for all of us.    Whatever gets you through the day.
View Quote
Yet whites were some tatted-up hardcore sonsabitches in the past.5300 year old Otzi is covered in them, as were many, if not most white people until Rome created and spread Christianity. The idea that tattoos are the death of white culture is really the decline of Christianity in the West. If anything tattoos reemergence in modern times is true to our ancient ancestors.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#12]
They hate everything their moms won't let them have tattoos , motorcycles , women , a house lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Because GD is full of judgmental pricks.

I mean, not everybody on GD is a prick.  But if it were possible to take an honest poll, I'd guess that there are easily triple the number of pricks on GD as in any other gathering you might happen to find them.  Remember that one party where the dude that nobody seemed to know got so drunk that he called everybody out, tried to fight half the crowd (even the girls) and ended up puking on the welcome mat?  He's a GD'er.  In fact, the only place where you could find a higher concentration of total douchebags would be at a Metallica concert, and I think we all know how those are.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone in here always shit talks them but can never explain why.  Is it some bible verse to hate tattoos or something?

Leviticus 19:28
What about verse 27?
I believe it was Leviticus on the tenth...
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Same reason I don't like graffiti.  Some consider it 'art', some consider it defacement.  I'm in the defacement camp.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Same reason I don't like graffiti.  Some consider it 'art', some consider it defacement.  I'm in the defacement camp.  YMMV.
View Quote
This is a coherent argument, unlike others. Translated, you believe that any alteration of the body is at least, at minimum, distasteful, if not "bad".
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tattoos are for people who are too much of a pussy to earn a scar.
  • tattoos are your little fantasy, scars are reality
  • tattoos say what you think you are, scars are Life telling you what you are
  • tattoos are purchased, scars are earned
View Quote
that’s adorable!

Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They hate everything their moms won't let them have tattoos , motorcycles , women , a house lol
View Quote
Nailed it...basement living, Walmart working, fatties.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I am saving this to use on people.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is a coherent argument, unlike others. Translated, you believe that any alteration of the body is at least, at minimum, distasteful, if not "bad".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Irreversible alterations like tattoos, certainly.  Reversible/removable stuff, I'm more flexible on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's actually a really good point. I have seen graffiti that looks really amazing but 99.9% of it is crap. I can appreciate really good art, especially if its original and really well done. I've seen tattoos that have blown my mind but its really rare. Most of the tattoos I have seen are something that isn't even trying to be original, Monster energy, dragons, Japanese writing, "tribal" symbols.... Those kind of tats make no sense to me and I wouldn't want something like that perminately marking my body.

Honestly I don't care what anyone does with their own body. Get tattoos, grow a beard, wear trash bags and chop your dick off for all I care. I just know that's something I wouldn't want to do. I planned on getting tattoos for years but I also like drawing. I designed a full back piece for myself and some other pieces. I just never found the right artist to apply them. My taste in art has changed over the years and now I'm extremely happy I didn't waste the money on them.

If you have tattoos and you like them great. I don't care but I'm definitely not going to hold it against you. That doesn't mean I'm going to like them, its just something I'm going to ignore about you, unless you are the .1% that has a tattoo I consider super original art, then you might get a positive comment before I move on to whats important, how you act and treat other people.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tattoos are ugly,serve no purpose, except to scream out "Look at me, I am a fucking idiot".
View Quote
You seem mad bro...you mad bro?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I have three.  All family related...Fuck the haters.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's mostly a generational thing.  Growing up, the only people we saw with tattoos fell into the following categories:

1) WWII veterans

2) Criminal gang members or criminals in general, including drug users

3) Eccentric artists

By the rest of their appearance, we could exclude 1 and 3.  That left criminals as the default option.

Such a high percentage of people have tattoos today that the above rule is hard to apply, but the reflex impression of a tattoo is still there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sometimes, hold on to your fe3ls, people post stuff for fun.

Making fun of filthy Inkies is kind of fun and almost no one actually cares whether you have an awesome tribal design or a "warrior stamp."  It's just silly fun and you're not a protected class.

Related, you tend to get a lot of lawyers, MDs, and LEOs on this board who interact with "the inked and pierced."

I too would associate face tattoos with someone who is not a gift to civilization.  YMMV

There are, of course many productive inkies.  I even have some friends who "have ink."   They do great as laborers or similar blue collar workers.  
View Quote
+1

This too above.  It's all in good fun.  What I posted earlier is the reason for the association with criminals.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't hate tattoos.  I just think that those with them should be confined to a separate forum, away from the decent people.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I've yet to see a tattoo make a beautiful woman look more beautiful.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#28]
They're ugly. Like graffiti painted on highway overpasses or on storefront walls.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's mostly a generational thing.  Growing up, the only people we saw with tattoos fell into the following categories:

1) WWII veterans

3) Eccentric artists

By the rest of their appearance, we could exclude 1 and 3.  That left criminals as the default option.

Such a high percentage of people have tattoos today that the above rule is hard to apply, but the reflex impression of a tattoo is still there.
View Quote
To some extent, this too.  My grandfather served in WWII and Korea (Navy) and never got a tattoo.  When my dad enlisted in the Navy during Vietnam, before he left my granddad told him "I served in 2 wars and never got a damned tattoo, you don't need one either".  The same wisdom was passed along to me when I was old enough to get one.

Between that, the fact that the female body is the most beautiful thing on Earth just like it is, and simple observation that most tattoos look like shit regardless of how 'good' the artwork presumably is, I just don't like them.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have you ever looked at someone and thought they'd be better with a certain dye of jeans? Or a certain shade of shirt? Usually i just look at faces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad comparison.
Like that old joke about being drunk. The woman said the man was drunk. The man responded "At least I'll be sober in the morning. You'll still be ugly!" Same can be said for tattoos and clothing. One can change clothing. One can't take off the tattoo!
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Irreversible alterations like tattoos, certainly.  Reversible/removable stuff, I'm more flexible on.
View Quote
In this case, i'd question your objection to those those who do get tattoos for certain reasons.

I do not mean the stereotypical people who get inked out of impulsive beliefs that they will belong more-towards XYZ-idealized group (a political ideology, including gangs) for mere belongingness, but rather get said tattoos because no one else cares. At an objective level. For example, many people have had horrible childhoods. And have no foreseeable future of a spouse who can identity. A tattoo for them might mean validation that they cannot be guaranteed through a foreseeable spouse, or even therapist (whom their insurance does not pay for. Therapists ain't cheap short or long term, especially with trump's new proposals. People do what they have to do to stay afloat at an IDENTITY level.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

1) WWII veterans

3) Eccentric artists

View Quote
Your argument would be true if humans lost the capacity to reproduce after 1945. Given your mere existence, i can tell this isn't the case.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You mean the guy with tattoos?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before DK and ‘lol’.
Quoted:
DKProf told me to. That is why.
He posted the one on his left shoulder once.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#34]
The Graffiti point made upstream there is a good one. Tattoos are Art, no doubt. Or at the very least that is how *I* view them.  And of course Art is subjective. Therein lies the rub.

I've seen so many tattoos that I can't wrap my head around; thinking "what made you get that?"

Just yesterday I was at the gym and there was a woman there, had two tattoos that were visible. One on her shoulder, it was an line drawing of a flower, a rose I think. It was probably going to get colored later. But on her shoulder blade she had the full image of a woman standing up. It was probably 8 inches long. The woman image was full on raven hair, black corset, stockings/garters, heels, long black gloves.

You can tell by my avatar that this is a look that has some appeal to me. I could see a guy getting something like that, and I've seen it (still can't wrap my head around why...but that's my problem). But a woman? It's not the first time I've seen women with that type of ink. I just don't get it.

I have Art in my house. I appreciate art. But I simply can't think of a single thing I would want to look at for the rest of my life. And before someone mentions marriage, commitment, etc. A person is not a picture.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#35]
"their body, their rules" should probably apply here. It's a personal preference thing. I would never get a tat myself (hence the use of the word "tat") but my wife likes / has them and they are cool. Some people dye their hair, some get tats, some do none of the above. People making blanket assumptions about the psychology of any given individual, or group of individuals, having tats is saying more about their own insecurities than they are anything else. Plenty of dudes that stormed the beach at Normandy or fucked up some hajis in Iraq have tats, you wanna talk shit about any psychological "issues" they may or may not have? All signs point to 'no'.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Your argument would be true if humans lost the capacity to reproduce after 1945. Given your mere existence, i can tell this isn't the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) WWII veterans

3) Eccentric artists

I don't understand your post.  I'm explaining why there is the association with criminals for my generation.  I realize that isn't the case today with the explosions of tattoos.  There is a water park we go to occasionally during the summer.  I would guesstimate that 60%+ of the adults < 50 have tattoos.  The rule can't be applied anymore.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I can explain

They're tacky and or corny

They look like ass

They are currently a "youth culture fashion"

When I went to college, I went to a giant state college full of low expectation party slobs.  There was not one single kid with a tattoo.  Not one kid out of 8,000.  Nowadays, it's everywhere.  A youth culture fad.

Every tat you see is some kind of cutesy pun, or jokey, or cutesy, or faux tough, or faux spiritual.

You see a pretty girl, what's that on her back?  fucking angel wings or whore brand

You see some guy, he has his kid's names tatted on his chest

it's so lame that it's cringeworthy

most tattoos remind me of a doodle on a phone pad

and the artwork is often horrible

look at this fucking nerd with his nifty "novelty tat"

look at this.  lived 1000 lives!  meaningful!

I like computers that are dell!

computer thing!

Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#38]
face it

99% of tattoos are cringe worthy

it just sucks ass

a generation of lardasses walking around with phone doodles all over their skin
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#39]

this girl says "fuck your beauty standards, white patriarchy!"

look how empowered she is, like 400+ lbs of empowerment
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In this case, i'd question your objection to those those who do get tattoos for certain reasons.

I do not mean the stereotypical people who get inked out of impulsive beliefs that they will belong more-towards XYZ-idealized group (a political ideology, including gangs) for mere belongingness, but rather get said tattoos because no one else cares. At an objective level. For example, many people have had horrible childhoods. And have no foreseeable future of a spouse who can identity. A tattoo for them might mean validation that they cannot be guaranteed through a foreseeable spouse, or even therapist (whom their insurance does not pay for. Therapists ain't cheap short or long term, especially with trump's new proposals. People do what they have to do to stay afloat at an IDENTITY level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a few who have, for various reasons.  If it helps them somehow, great.  I can appreciate their reason(s), if there was actual deliberation and thought behind it.  Doesn't change my opinion on the end result, though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey look, this girls arm is covered in  random shit like a phone pad

GOSH SHE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#42]
why are you guys arguing about this?

I can post up 10,000 tattoos that are just random crap permanently inked into someone's skin

the proof of the pudding is in the tasting thereof

every so often someone gets a tat that was done by an amazing artist and redeems the other 20,000,000 dumbasses, but like I said, 99% of tats are cringy
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Most I see are just bad.

A lot of the ones that look OK still seem to be in a strange location. It's like the difference between pinstriping a car, versus putting a sticker on the middle of the passenger door.

Occasionally, I'll see one that looks well done and actually takes the human body into consideration.

I really hate the "dozen unrelated themes placed randomly" thing. Very aesthetically unpleasing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a polish eagle on my left shoulder with Rodzina (family) it's to memorialize my gran and great gran. My grandmother was part of the Polish resistance during the war. Incredible woman who lived a hell of a life

Magee family crest on my back.

And TADA GAN Iarracht (nothing without effort) on my right shoulder.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesn't need to be explained.

We just separate people out afterward.

This is exactly why drugs should be legalized.  Those who choose to do them can be counted out right from the get-go.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#46]
It's because we are such a bunch of classy motherfuckers
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before DK and ‘lol’.
Quoted:
DKProf told me to. That is why.
He sent me a pic of it years ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Most people that have smokes and tattoos get upset when their car is towed for suspended registration due to no insurance. 

Bad choices......something........something 
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm just a judgemental asshole and I know what's better for you than you do but you cretins won't listen and now I'm stuck looking at shitty tattoos on people who don't have any real personality so they compensate for it by peacocking with ink and piercings.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't hate them on other people, but I don't want a bunch of scribbles all over me.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top