Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to turn around and go back to what I was doing an hour and a half ago.

I'm not going to think about what just happened and what I endured.  Then she has the nerve to not even come close to saying thanks or I'm sorry.  Just 'Huh...my dad said it was the orange one.'  When the ATF dipstick is clearly yellow and the orange one is by the part that says MOTOR OIL.

I will not be updating this thread for a bit.  Please pray for me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Demand they pay for an oil analysis from Blackstone lab.
View Quote
And, what's he going to do when it comes back high in one metal?

Just saw the update; that shits funny.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is what I'm guessing.  This isn't my circus...I just got drug into it because I have a penis.

I was informed, repeatedly, that no light came on.  I have not verified because I am not there and if I was, I really don't want to find out that there was a light on.  Then I'd have to go to jail on Sunday.  No bueno.
View Quote
If you have a penis you would have done the oil change.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
threaten to sue the quicklube, it's the right thing to do
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
UPDATE - This is now a curse / eject thread.

Turns out she was checking the ATF dipstick.

BRB...going to jail now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
so, she has oil but she has no transmission fluid???
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Honda is a hell of a car
View Quote
Coworker drove his 03 Civic 2 quarts low for 5 years and never changed the filter/oil in that time because his hood was jammed shut from hitting a deer.

Car still runs with 185,000 miles on it.  I unjammed the hood and changed his oil for him (for a small fee) as well as recharged his AC system.

ETA: Got to the part about the ATF!  Ha!
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If OP were closer I'd buy him a couple beers, or something stronger.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Lawyer up.  F*ck those Gyppy Lube joints.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Next time, tell her to check the 710 fluid instead of the ATF fluid.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I've pulled a drain plug out of a Honda in my grease monkey days and not a single drop of oil came out. Literally, not one drop. I was amazed,
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Best thread today
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm going to turn around and go back to what I was doing an hour and a half ago.

I'm not going to think about what just happened and what I endured.  Then she has the nerve to not even come close to saying thanks or I'm sorry.  Just 'Huh...my dad said it was the orange one.'  When the ATF dipstick is clearly yellow and the orange one is by the part that says MOTOR OIL.

I will not be updating this thread for a bit.  Please pray for me.
View Quote
SevenMaryThree is trying to become the new ShaunoftheDead....
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Today wfound out that the OP's SO is colorblind.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Only.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, what the fuck is going on?

7M3 had the best in-law stories, only....
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]
lol
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#18]
She better check the muffler bearings while she is at it, those things will mess you up every time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Haha
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#21]
FWIW,  I think it's cool she's checking.

My wife is cool as hell but the car could be on fire and she'd go sailing down the road rocking out and woudn't notice.  I have asked her to check the oil before,  she looked in the trunk....
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

BRB...going to jail now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Buy nothing but Honda's from here on out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

454 miles later...she checks her oil and there is nothing there.  No leaks.  Oil filter was changed.  Pan bolt is present.  No leaks.  Dipstick and pan are dry as a bone.

What the fuck does one do from here??
Buy nothing but Honda's from here on out.
True story on Honda's.

1982 Accord with 120,000 miles on it.  The oil strainer on the pump came loose, and got chewed up by the crank.  A small piece made its way into the pump, seizing it, and snapping the shaft that drives the oil pump run by the cam.  Of course, I didn't know any of this at the time, I just know I was leaving the bar at 2am, when the oil light came on, while I was on the interstate.  I killed the motor within seconds of the oil light coming on, and coasted to a stop.  I checked the oil level and it was full.

Keep in mind, it is 2am, and I have been drinking.  So I decided it was either a failed oil pump, or a failed sensor.  My family business (machine shop) was 2.5 miles away.  I got in, took it easy, and drove the 2.5 miles.  By the time I got there, it was running, but it was idling much rougher than normal.  I drove it up to the main shop door and killed it.

I worked all night long, pulling the oil pan, and valve cover, to discover what happened.  It was obvious as soon as the pan came off.  By 6am, my uncle was coming into the shop for work, and helped me re-weld the broken oil pump drive shaft, machine the welds back to original outside diameter, and put it all back together.  By 9am I had it all buttoned up.

I drove that car another 130,000 miles before I sold it to a friend, still running fine.  It burned a little more oil after that day, but it was a tiny amount and totally acceptable for the mileage.  It still got 28-30 miles per gallon.

Those early Honda engines were amazing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#25]
A dealership bozo did something similar to my dad's highlander except it was about 2-3 quarts too much Transmission fluid.

He paid them to check everything and change all the fluids etc, then the very next day while driving it "boom".  The dealer tried to bullshit their fault but they eventually replaced the entire transmission + fluids and paid for a rental.

Less oil is not as bad as too much oil. = "frothing". There is probably a 1/2 pan full of oil in there.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#26]
This is one of the many reasons "sealed" transmissions have become the norm. I'm actually shocked Honda is not using one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There is oil in the pan otherwise it would have seized or thrown a rod by now. The oil is at least two quarts lower than it should be.

Take it somewhere and have it changed again and ask for a refund from the other place. Also pull a sample to send to a lab for analysis.

ETA Why do you think it'd catch fire?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There is oil in the pan otherwise it would have seized or thrown a rod by now. The oil is at least two quarts lower than it should be.

Take it somewhere and have it changed again and ask for a refund from the other place. Also pull a sample to send to a lab for analysis.

ETA Why do you think it'd catch fire?
Blackstone Labs

BRB...going to jail now.
Blackstone does transmission fluid analysis, too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Which Engine Self-Destructs First? Bestline vs 10W-30

I feel like some of you may find this interesting
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#29]
women don't do oil changes, that is work for men
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#30]
How Long Will My £200 Mercedes Run With No Oil?

17 min of driving on this car
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Imagine Sam Kinison without that hat and fatter titties / slightly less hair in the cleavage.

I was kidding about the curse / eject thing.  I checked out on her a long time ago.

Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Every time I think I’m just too anal retentive for changing the oil, basic maintenance on the family fleet I read/heard of shit like this.

Sure it takes a little time but at least if I fuck up it’s my doing and not some lube monkey.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So you didn't bother to check the oil before calling?
View Quote
I was not with the car.  I did not call the place.

I don't care who or what services that vehicle so long as it is roadworthy enough to safely transport my son.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would expect a car with no oil to seize up within a mile...
View Quote
Mine didn’t make it out of the dealerships garage. The Ford Dealership in Manhattan, KS bought me a whole new engine for my F-150.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

BRB...going to jail now.
View Quote
Well at least you got yourself a "ooops wrong hole" free pass lined up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I was going to add that on some cars as little as one quart low will make the level not read on the stick. After reading the update some vehicles require that the vehicle be running or recently running to read on the ATF stick.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top