Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
in for the hidden gems.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link to original thread?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm terribly out of the loop on this particular suit.  Is it possible to get a TL;DR or a link to a thread outlining what this is about?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm terribly out of the loop on this particular suit.  Is it possible to get a TL;DR or a link to a thread outlining what this is about?
View Quote
this. i'm not familiar with this case
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this Savage Firearms vs. ATF or someone with the last name of Savage?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#9]
NoloContendere, doing God's work against Evil!

How do you recommend someone for Sainthood?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
OST
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Len savage. Historic arms. Not savage firearms though Len does make his own firearms. This was precipitated by the atf trust rules. From what I understand there is a SHITLOAD more documents to be had.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this Savage Firearms vs. ATF or someone with the last name of Savage?
Len savage. Historic arms. Not savage firearms though Len does make his own firearms. This was precipitated by the atf trust rules. From what I understand there is a SHITLOAD more documents to be had.
i'm at work and can't dl this

what's the whole thing about? Give me some background here nolo (please)
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
As a result of the increased use of trusts or legal entities to acquire NFA firearms the
number of qualifying firearms being acquired without a background check has greatly
increased.
View Quote
What background check do they perform on people who submit a form 1 as an individual?

A primary objective of the Final Rule is to ensure that prohibited individuals are not
able to use trusts and other legal entities to illegally acquire NFA firearms. For
example, ATF encountered a situation in which a trustee of a trust applicant was
determined to be prohibited from possessing a firearm. Although ATF denied the
transfer, if the trust name had been different from that of the prohibited transferee or a
different firearm was being transferred, ATF would not have had the information to
deduce that the trust included the prohibited transferee and the transfer would have been
approved.
View Quote
What's stopping someone from amending their trust to include a prohibited person as a trustee after the transfer is made?

It's not like their being on the trust magically makes it ok for them to possess the firearm if they're a prohibited person.

Seems like alot of angst over shit they really don't and never did have control of.

Q: Is this rule a solution in search of a problem? Can ATF identify any crimes that
were committed by responsible persons of trusts or legal entities?

A: Although most individuals who apply to remake or acquire an NFA firearm are not
prohibited from possessing or receiving firearms, there have been a significant number
of instances in which prohibited persons have submitted NFA applications. From 2010
to 2014 there were approximately 270 NFA applications by individuals, out of 115,842
applications, that were disapproved due to background check denials. The NFA Branch
also tracked the number of applications received from trusts and legal entities during the
same period. The Department believes that the disapprovals would have been higher if
background checks would have been conducted on responsible persons associated with
the 217,996 applications received from trusts or legal entities during this time, as the
FBI’s denial rate on NICS background checks between November 30, 1998 and
December 31, 2014, is approximately 1.24%.
View Quote
IOW, no.  The ATF cannot identify any such crimes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Downloaded and in.  Thanks Nolo.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: I have to die first. Just FYI, I don't have any information on Hillary. Yet. But it's coming.
View Quote
You're a rock star and a legend, @NoloContendere.

FYI: my wife is a paralegal and she got a great laugh about the above.

UDAMAN.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Pizza does not come in this batch. But still a good read
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have to die first. Just FYI, I don't have any information on Hillary. Yet. But it's coming.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I heart you Nolo. No homo.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Page 82 was interesting reading....Circa 2012 from what I can tell.  The link appears to be a communique sent to ATF or NFATCA membership addressing what must have happened @ SHOTSHOW in 2012   To quote it:

NFATCA response to SHOT (and allegations that J. Brown is an informant) below.

http://www.nfatca.org/012512.htm

The link in the document was still on their server as of yesterday....I don't look for it to last long.  (it has been saved for posterities sake as pdf should it disappear)
-------------------------------------------

This is a page or two prior

To: Ficaretta, Teresa
Subject: RE: FTB
Date: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:37:48 AM

Teresa, (redacted) would be fine as long as he is making a contribution to what we are trying to do. I think a webcast might work but it has to be spot on for helping both of us. The tin foil hat boys are not helping either one of us out at this point and the accusation that I am a CI is reverberating through the industry like nothing I have ever seen before. I have enjoyed doing what I have been able to accomplish over the last seven years but when  stands in front of a crowd and says " we don't have any interest in input from the industry", people look at me and the NFATCA and say we are a complete failure. You and I both know better but the tin foil hats prevail. We have a lot to talk about.

John

----------------------------------------------

Some points and why these documents are important.

John Brown was involved in the Federal case US v. Clark et al.    (The case about changing MAC MG's to 1919 MG's)  John Brown was the only FFL who sold multiple's of these firearms that did not get charged.

He was President of the NFATCA at the time.

He was described by ATF at that trial as a "Confidential Source".   This is documented fact in the transcripts of the trial.  

The difference between a "Confidential Source" and a "Confidential Informant" is that the Confidential Informant is paid.   There is a legal distinction between the two.

Mr. Brown was approached @ ShotShow over his involvement.

NFATCA lobbied ATF for 41P and other rule making....In fact there are emails indicating they petitioned for rulemaking on ammo then removed their petition.

Folks who make backroom deals that effect our industry (and hobby) should be scrutinized. These communications should have been public from day one and I should not have had to sue the ATF to find out what some group I don't belong to is claiming to do on my behalf.....

Oh and now former ATF Chief counsel Teresa Ficaretta no longer works for ATF and writes article in Small Arms Review.....Small World.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have to die first. Just FYI, I don't have any information on Hillary. Yet. But it's coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NoloContendere, doing God's work against Evil!

How do you recommend someone for Sainthood?
Soon?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Page 82 was interesting reading....Circa 2012 from what I can tell.  The link appears to be a communique sent to ATF or NFATCA membership addressing what must have happened @ SHOTSHOW in 2012   To quote it:

The link in the document was still on their server as of yesterday....I don't look for it to last long.  (it has been saved for posterities sake as pdf should it disappear)

Teresa, (redacted) would be fine as long as he is making a contribution to what we are trying to do. I think a webcast might work but it has to be spot on for helping both of us. The tin foil hat boys are not helping either one of us out at this point and the accusation that I am a CI is reverberating through the industry like nothing I have ever seen before. I have enjoyed doing what I have been able to accomplish over the last seven years but when  stands in front of a crowd and says " we don't have any interest in input from the industry", people look at me and the NFATCA and say we are a complete failure. You and I both know better but the tin foil hats prevail. We have a lot to talk about.

John

John Brown was involved in the Federal case US v. Clark et al.    (The case about changing MAC MG's to 1919 MG's)  John Brown was the only FFL who sold multiple's of these firearms that did not get charged.

He was described by ATF at that trial as a "Confidential Source".   This is documented fact in the transcripts of the trial.  

The difference between a "Confidential Source" and a "Confidential Informant" is that the Confidential Informant is paid.   There is a legal distinction between the two.

NFATCA lobbied ATF for 41P and other rule making....In fact there are emails indicating they petitioned for rulemaking on ammo then removed their petition.

Folks who make backroom deals that effect our industry (and hobby) should be scrutinized. These communications should have been public from day one and I should not have had to sue the ATF to find out what some group I don't belong to is claiming to do on my behalf.....

Oh and now former ATF Chief counsel Teresa Ficaretta no longer works for ATF and writes article in Small Arms Review.....Small World.
View Quote
People like that are scum.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

John

View Quote
John Brown is also on the NRA BoD and was nominated by the Board and not via petition. 

I believe he is one of the folks pushing the Anti-NFA view in NRA. Much like Marion Hammer. 
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
John brown is not on the board but was nominated by nominating committtee. He didn't get enough votes. I think it was 2016?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
John Brown is also on the NRA BoD and was nominated by the Board and not via petition. 

I believe he is one of the folks pushing the Anti-NFA view in NRA. Much like Marion Hammer. 
John brown is not on the board but was nominated by nominating committtee. He didn't get enough votes. I think it was 2016?
I could have sworn he won in 2016. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top