Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2017 9:33:02 PM EDT
Unless somebody can tell me why I am wrong. I believe ICE detainers to be an unfunded mandates.

"Hold this guy until we come get him, we won't promise you any compensation for doing so, or shield you from liability if it is ruled to be a wrongful imprisonment."

How is this not an unfunded mandate?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
So is the Clean Air Act and the ADA.

If you're not used to the feds shoving their fist up States asses, you have much living to do.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
STFU
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The IRS isn't going to put you in an IRS jail.
They're going to put you in county until your trail.

Guess who pays for the jail?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unless somebody can tell me why I am wrong. I believe ICE detainers to be an unfunded mandates.

"Hold this guy until we come get him, we won't promise you any compensation for doing so, or shield you from liability if it is ruled to be a wrongful imprisonment."

View Quote
some would rather see 40 dead, 250 missing 6000 homeless then one illegal alien deported
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So is the Clean Air Act and the ADA.

If you're not used to the feds shoving their fist up States asses, you have much living to do.
View Quote
Yepp, CAA, ADA and ICE detainers are all bullshit....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
some would rather see 40 dead, 250 missing 6000 homeless then one illegal alien deported
View Quote
That's not an argument.

Is an ICE detainer an unfunded mandate, or isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Join date.   Topic.  Troll detected.    How much do they pay you to post?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It's in the locals' best interests to have illegals removed from their communities.   ICE isn't charging them a thing.  It's a free service.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's not an argument.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not an argument.

It is not.  

The detainer is simply a place holder.

Should the illegal alien be released on local/state charges that ICE be notified and they will pick them up into fed custody.

They are, until that time, on the local/state dime, not on the fed roles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#10]
ICE has 48 hours to pick up a detainee once they have cleared their local charges. Other agencies get 72 hours to get them. I'm not thinking 48 hours courtesy hold time is an onerous burden for a county.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't care if it is an unfunded mandate.  It makes liberals cry, and it is something that

I will GLADLY pay taxes to support.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#12]
They are not mandates, so they can't be unfunded mandates.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ICE has 48 hours to pick up a detainee once they have cleared their local charges. Other agencies get 72 hours to get them. I'm not thinking 48 hours courtesy hold time is an onerous burden for a county.
View Quote
My town was sued, and lost, for $300K as the result of an ICE detainer....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like you live in a state with fucked up courts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to read that case. Do you have a cite?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not buying it.  

Sued by who and for what ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
What town?  Farmington?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait. I will post something using my endless wit and convert them all to my liberal cause.
Not even a good effort. Criminals should be held in jail. Illegal aliens are criminals! It is that simple.
Pedal your special brand of stupidity else where!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Would you rather pay for an illegal aliens welfare or their ICE retainer? Either way you’re going to pay up, but at least one option is a positive step toward deportation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What town?  Farmington?
View Quote
Columbia County, Oregon.

“In Columbia County, there was an individual convicted of a crime who fell in their county jail,” he said. “The office received one of those ICE detainer requests, so they held the individual after their sentence was up, but ICE didn't come and get them. The individual sued the county for unlawfully detaining them for $300,000 and won.”

"During the lawsuit, ICE refused to support the sheriff's department."

“They discovered a detainer request is not an order, but just a request,” Zanni said. “The sheriff thought he had been on good ground.”

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/coos-county-state-of-oregon-make-sanctuary-status/article_89b296b1-5db0-557f-9a35-61aafc601671.html
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I know of at least two counties here in MI that are being sued over ICE detainers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you have it backwords?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Every time an illegal is detained, Soros gives a troll a keyboard
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Columbia County, Oregon.

“In Columbia County, there was an individual convicted of a crime who fell in their county jail,” he said. “The office received one of those ICE detainer requests, so they held the individual after their sentence was up, but ICE didn't come and get them. The individual sued the county for unlawfully detaining them for $300,000 and won.”

“They discovered a detainer request is not an order, but just a request,” Zanni said. “The sheriff thought he had been on good ground.”

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/coos-county-state-of-oregon-make-sanctuary-status/article_89b296b1-5db0-557f-9a35-61aafc601671.html
View Quote
So it was a request?

So... that means its not a mandate then, is it?

Which mean it can't be an unfunded mandate.

Which means you answered your own question.

Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol, yup.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am not buying it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not buying it.  

Eta: Nope, OP posted, its Columbia.

Looks like Farmington according to google.  They didn't fight, they settled it.  

I see why they got sued.   Held them longer than allowed rather than the usual 48 hrs. No mandate, just an extended courtesy by San Juan County.

In those cases each defendent got $2,000, and they still got deported.   Big deal.

Now thay must have a fed warrant along with the detainer.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe you have it backwords?
View Quote
ICE detainers are a mandate. There is no funded = unfunded mandate.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Columbia County, Oregon.

View Quote
Still not a mandate, just a sheriff who does not know how to run a jail.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sorry your bitch lost.
View Quote
You so smart.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey OP go be liberal at calguns.
You’ll be protected there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:31:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Columbia County, Oregon.

View Quote
Blame the liberal judge.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ICE detainers are a mandate. There is no funded = unfunded mandate.
View Quote
The article you posted said it was a request.

So does that make it an unfunded request?

Lol.

Real question, why does it matter if its an unfunded mandate or not? We're deporting people who are existing in the US illegally. Thats a lot better than a) letting them go, or b) jailing them on the tax payer dollar and then letting them go.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]
And you think that argument is a winner?

How about give us back all that DOD shit on loan if you don't do what we want. There is your funding.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Of course, getting felons deported will only make a city more crime-ridden.  More felons, less crime.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even a clever one either...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I love Immigration Detainers, the only thing I love more are Federal Warrants for Removal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I feel like a noob, I've never heard of an unfunded mandate.

Someone care to explain the debate behind it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#40]
How dare you spend money to hold and deport illegals when they can just stay and be a $100 billion or more a year burden on the country instead. Liberal logic at its finest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I feel like a noob, I've never heard of an unfunded mandate.

Someone care to explain the debate behind it?
View Quote
They've existed for a long time.

They're not unconstitutional.

Shit happens.

The feds give the states tons of money anyway.

They're attacked by people with an underlying agenda.

TLDR: Boo hoo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Join Date - CHECK

Post Count - CHECK

FAMILIAR - DOUBLE CHECK

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
County/city jails can handle it. LOL.
1. Yes, the county jail can hold a guy until they come get him. If he's being arrested and jailed, there's another crime such that illegally being there is not on his or her's arrest warrant.
2. Nope, no compensation. A county or city jail can hold a subject until the feds pick him up. Or even for extradition to another state. Boo ya. 
3. No liability on a wrongful imprisonment. See 1 above.

Did you get your law degree from Costco or University of Phoenix?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (Official Video)
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#45]
If a dude gets arrested in Florida on a Georgia warrant, Georgia doesn't pay Florida to hold him until they pick him up. But if he's sitting in a Florida jail unable to make bond for 30 days while Georgia is sitting on its hands, he gets released.

There are detainers for a multitude of reasons from a multitude of jurisdictions. OP is only worried about the one he's paid to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Columbia County, Oregon.

View Quote
You see, this individual was arrested for a crime that was not being an illegal immigrant. So, there is no unlawful imprisonment.
What they should have done was arraign him, set a trial date for his case and keep him in jail, no bond because of the detainer.
Then, if he goes to trial and gets convicted and sentenced, then he would remain in jail as part of his sentence. This way, ICE can pick up him after his sentence is complete.  I am thinking someone at the sheriff's department or district attorney didn't work this one out right.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Columbia County, Oregon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What town?  Farmington?
Columbia County, Oregon.

That's on the Sheriff. After 48 hours you call, if they don't have someone enroute you let them go.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you noticed how so many of them show up and immediately start stirring sh*t?    They're generally not here because they're interested in AR15s.  They're here to troll.  Either because it amuses them, or because it's their job.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Columbia County, Oregon.

View Quote
Here let me help you...

MANDATE

REQUEST

There really should be an IQ minimum to post on here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:59:10 AM EDT
[#50]
carnivorous-clay1=
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top