Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 9/24/2017 9:28:20 AM EDT
“Our goal was to provide open dialogue and communication. We listened to one another. We believe it’s the best way to work through any issue we are facing, on and off the field,” owners Terry and Kim Pegula said in a statement distributed by the Bills . “President Trump’s remarks were divisive and disrespectful to the entire NFL community, but we tried to use them as an opportunity to further unify our team and our organization. Our players have the freedom to express themselves in a respectful and thoughtful manner and we all agreed that our sole message is to provide and to promote an environment that is focused on love and equality.”

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we’ve experienced over the last month,” Goodell said. “Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”

Link
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and alienate your remaining fans.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
What the NFL has failed to understand is the customers .  Look at Nascar as an example of how to reduce customers and TV market share. Most places do not allow you to take your politics to work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
"Divisive and disrespectful."

These people live on another planet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I am sure ANTIFA and SJW's everywhere will be buying jerseys and 12 dollar Coors at stadiums this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Well... That's it for me. I'm out. I will no longer support these asshats with viewership or dollars. They can all continue to circle jerk themselves to death for all I care. I've been putting off reloading a couple thousand rounds of .308 for years,  choosing to watch NFL games instead. I will be getting that done this Fall.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What the NFL has failed to understand is the customers .  Look at Nascar as an example of how to reduce customers and TV market share. Most places do not allow you to take your politics to work.
View Quote
Yup. People have politics in their face all day every day if they turn on the news or happen to be within voice range of co-workers that go on and on about politics for hours on end.  People go to events like football games to get away from that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
They are so dumb. For real.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Free market seems to be working itself out.. Not as fast as it should but the country is half full of idiots.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Viewership tanking even further in 3...2...1...
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope. They are certainly not dumb.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard-place.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I stopped watching baseball when those asshats kept striking.  Now I'm done with pro football.  Fuck them.  I just hope no one in college football starts this trend.  I need to watch my Seminoles play.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
The arrogance of the NFL and its players is unbelievable.

They call the president names, disrespect our flag and then say that the president does not have the right to criticize them and that he is being disrespectful.

Arrogance and stupidity from people who should be humble because they are lucky enough to live in a country where over juiced, uneducated people can earn millions of dollars playing a kids game.

Keep spitting on your fans and see how long it is before the gravy train ends.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
ordinarily i'd suggest that any business that alienates 50% of the people just did something really really dumb.  but when that 50% happens to be your consumer core base it seems to go well beyond dumb.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I imagine Trump doing his Mr. Burns impression right now. This is all going according to plan.

Excellent....
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Kneeling for the anthem is not respectful, thoughtful, nor unifying.

What President Trump said was spot on.

Go eat a dick NFL
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I was done watching sports 15 years ago. 

You guys who watch sports wont quit. Mark my words.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only because they keep stacking the rocks on themselves.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Ah - a Sunday without watching football. The NFL earned it. Guess I'll get some things done around the house, catch up on some gun cleaning, call some of my Vet friends I served in the war with and enjoy the day another way. Until they fix the problem, they're shit in my book. Protest by not taking your paycheck. Or hey - here is an idea - what if every one of these jack asses gave a million bucks to un fuck Chicago? Since they care so much......
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Just saw the video of them kneeling in England.

That's it...I'm done. The NFL can rot in hell.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Good thing it's up to everyone else to decide. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Stupid assholes hedged their bets on the wrong horse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#23]
No football for me this season I guess.  Oh well.  I'm sure I can find something else to fill my time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just saw it too - expected. And I'm with ya.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The arrogance of the NFL and its players is unbelievable.

They call the president names, disrespect our flag and then say that the president does not have the right to criticize them and that he is being disrespectful.

Arrogance and stupidity from people who should be humble because they are lucky enough to live in a country where over juiced, uneducated people can earn millions of dollars playing a kids game.

Keep spitting on your fans and see how long it is before the gravy train ends.
View Quote
Not really. They've been worshiped and given carte blanche for how many years?

Players are idolized. Franchises have money thrown at them in the form of stadiums, tax incentives, etc etc.

It's been disgusting and laughable to any thinking person for quite a while.

Locally, Mike Brown took Cincinnati to the cleaners more than once and the city/county bent over and asked for more.

All over a bunch of over paid, grown men playing a kid's game.

As I mentioned a little in my HS football thread. The atmosphere and psychology of it is otherworldly to someone who just stepped into it, cold.

Very bizarre.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Keep digging your hole.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like the players will be getting the month long observance they requested.  At least this lets everyone know where they "stand".
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not sure how anyone can watch thugs get paid millions to play a child's game with a ball.

On the other hand I like college football. Something about watching a bunch of thugs play for a chance at millions that I kinda dig.
Hypocrisy I know......
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Purple haired feminists, vegan environmentalists and antifa are not the NFLs fan base. Never has been, never will be.

Working/middle class people are. A majority of middle class people do not approve of this bullshit and are/will be tuning out.

NASCAR tried to broaden their marketshare outside the southeast, to markets that had no interest in it (and still don't). They didn't outright spit in the face of their fanbase (although some would argue that cutting down the number of short track races did). They weren't busy trying to virtue signal and intentionally put fans in the backseat.

Virtue signaling and being PC/ cozy with the left is job #1 for a frighteningly large number of companies. Not profit. I will say I do not understand the end game on that whole deal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder what kind of shit storm would be triggered if someone's passport was revoked, DHS software glitches. that would make repatriation a real bitch wouldn't it...
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Well the owners and NFL management are retarded sans  head injury.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#33]
The NFL is self-destructing at a faster pace than I would have ever believed possible.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
WRONG!!!!!

I stopped watching 1.5 years ago because of this B.S.  

And deleted all my fantasy football leagues.

Fnfl.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Football players, what did you expect? 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#36]
they shoulda wore helmets
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#37]
TRUMP: "players that disrespect flag should be fired!"

NFL: wall of text.

This is 2017, bitches. When the President makes a clear 7 word tweet, you've got 20, maybe  30, words to make a rebuttal.

"It's complicated" is no longer an acceptable answer. That's how we GOT here.

FtNFL.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wonder what kind of shit storm would be triggered if someone's passport was revoked, DHS software glitches. that would make repatriation a real bitch wouldn't it...
View Quote
So Lois Lerner is now in charge of immigration?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Sound business decision
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#40]
If CTE happens, then it happens.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NFL executives too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#42]
The MSM is saying how awesome it is to see all the players kneeling. So noble, much solidarity.

Good. Good. Keep it up. Only nazis love the country, it's anthem and flag. Keep insulting the majority. It's why trump won.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Brilliant move by Trump to call these assholes out.  They have chosen a side now they can suffer the consequence of their decision.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Goodbye NFL!
It was fun when you were America's game and entertainment. 

You are now a social program and I have no use for you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Football fans excuse general thuggery,dog fighting, pedophilia and murder. I don't know what it says about them if kneeling for the anthem would be the last straw,which it won't.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#46]
When ticket sales and advertising revenue dries up, who will pay these player salaries?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think you are right.  These guys have a fixation with these teams that in inexplicable.  They would rationalize it if they burned the flag on national TV.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Time to end the NFL monopoly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#49]
As a 1st generation immigrant to the USA, my family and I sacrificed a lot to be Americans. But we believed that America is special and wonderful. I'm a military veteran and retired LEO.

Now, these degenerated thugs, taking every advantage and benefit provided by American society, and making millions playing a kids game, are telling me that I'm a slave owning racist who is to blame for the behavior of black men who while committing crimes are injured or killed by police who are trying to enforce the laws that the rest of us respect and obey.    

And they want me to cheer and root for them??!! Fuck these ignorant dilettantes.

If I ever watch an NFL game again, I will be cheering for the worst, most brutal, bone crushing, permanent brain damage resulting hits, regardless of team or player. I want to see mother fuckers carried off the field every play!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#50]
And for that reason, I'm out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top