BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How the hell do you guys with older iphones (6 and earlier) even use the damn things?

My 6 is getting unbearably slow, not responding to presses occasionally and battery life is tailing off.

Looks like I will be getting in on the new phone hysteria.
View Quote
My 6Plus is also getting slow. Reboots some times.
Also battery will show a low percentage like 30% but then plug it up and it shows something like 60%.
It doesn't happen all the time. I've taken care of the phone also.

I'll probably get the X. The question is try to preorder or wait.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Apple haters are what happens when a crossfit fanatic and a militant vegan have sex, reproduce and, have an anti-vaxer ISIS baby who points at the sky and proclaims only one god, who's name is Microsoft.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck I-Phones, fuck apple.
Then why come to this thread and fuck it up? Just stay out.
Apple haters are what happens when a crossfit fanatic and a militant vegan have sex, reproduce and, have an anti-vaxer ISIS baby who points at the sky and proclaims only one god, who's name is Microsoft.
Well put!

Looking forward to what Apple announces later that will be copied by MS and Google in 6 months.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thread title fail.  It is the iPhone X.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need an iPhone 8 thread. T-minus 4 hours and 37 minutes.

Nah bro. The 8 is being released too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You aren't as smart as you think you are. Mines "financed" at 0%. Why in the hell would I pay cash for that?
View Quote
Yeah if you paid interest on it then it would be a different story.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm ready for a new phone
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Only have had my 7 plus for about 6 months so no hurry to get a new one.  It works great!

Patrick
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Great, another gen5 Glock thread
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Not sure how you guys are saying your 6's are slow. Are you downloading a bunch of shit apps to it or something?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They let you pay monthly for free. You blow your load at once vs being spread out. End result is the same. It's not like there is 10.99% interest lol
View Quote
Old plan that isn't eligible for on plan upgrades. I still only pay $35/mo for unlimited under AT&T. It's worth paying upfront for.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You aren't as smart as you think you are. Mines "financed" at 0%. Why in the hell would I pay cash for that?
View Quote
Because I pay $35/mo for unlimited through AT&T.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol @ people complaining over a $1,200 phone

Go be poor elsewhere

For something you use so much some people find it worth it to spend good money for nice things

I bet you spend $1,200+ on rifles that sit around collecting dust but don't complain about that
View Quote
Lol. Completely useless. Spending $1,200 on a selfie and bejeweled machine.

Other than making calls, getting directions and looking things up on the internet, the vast majority of what people use their phones for is useless, productivity destroying bullshit. The things that aren't bullshit can be executed just as well on previous gen iPhones for a fraction of the price.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Are they going to release iOS11 today or the latest WatchOS. I'm glad the upgrade will finally give you the choice of not using those little icons
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There's only one God, ma'am. And He doesn't dress like that.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are they going to release iOS11 today or the latest WatchOS. I'm glad the upgrade will finally give you the choice of not using those little icons
View Quote
They'll release the release date :)  I'm running on iOS 11 Beta 10 and it's pretty damns slick.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Would also like to see some Apple Watch advancements as well.  It's rumored they're working the ability to monitor blood glucose and blood pressure.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most likely next week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
yes, the top of the line OLED model costs that much, I think it has half a terabyte of storage too.

Given the new galaxy note is pushing a grand, I'm not really bothered by this.
View Quote
Yes the OLED model is the one I want to see especially if it comes in a plus version.

Bigger is better in this case.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Waiting to see all about the X. Currently have a 6s. I used to get every single release but my 6s has been good to me so far.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#21]
You are the MVP
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So the point of the release is the 8, and the X is an "oh yeah, this too"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need an iPhone 8 thread. T-minus 4 hours and 37 minutes.

Nah bro. The 8 is being released too.
So the point of the release is the 8, and the X is an "oh yeah, this too"?
Basically, don't forget the 7S!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not sure how you guys are saying your 6's are slow. Are you downloading a bunch of shit apps to it or something?
View Quote
Because everyone likes to download the latest software that is built for the newer phones with better processors, and then get mad that their older phones slow down
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Would also like to see some Apple Watch advancements as well.  It's rumored they're working the ability to monitor blood glucose and blood pressure.
View Quote
I'd be happy if they would license watch faces out to developers like Nike or someone. Geez. Who cares about Micky and Minnie although I did hear a rumor they were going to add StarWars watch faces.
The new watch they're saying it'll be LTE enabled. Wonder if it'll have an always on display. I have to say I think my sons Samsung S3 watch is better than my apple watch series 2.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
im still using an iphone 5 because the new stuff is to damn expensive.
View Quote
Same here.  I use a phone for talking, texting, and email.  Maybe to check weather or scores, and a few apps for traveling (Hilton, Avis, airline apps).  No games, no pic taking, don't watch movies or anything.  It turns four years old sometime this fall.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because everyone likes to download the latest software that is built for the newer phones with better processors, and then get mad that their older phones slow down
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My OS is at least an update or two behind.
If I get the X. I'll probably wipe and load my 6 Plus with the latest iOS and make it my backup phone that I take to theme parks and places like that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Still using the 6.

I'll upgrade to the 7 when the 9 comes out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Other than making calls, getting directions and looking things up on the internet, the vast majority of what people use their phones for is useless, productivity destroying bullshit. The things that aren't bullshit can be executed just as well on previous gen iPhones for a fraction of the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol @ people complaining over a $1,200 phone

Go be poor elsewhere

For something you use so much some people find it worth it to spend good money for nice things

I bet you spend $1,200+ on rifles that sit around collecting dust but don't complain about that

He says as he posts to ARFCOM

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a 7 as soon as it came out to replace my 6. I have been mostly disappointed with the 7.

I will wait a while to upgrade. If Apple fails to deliver again with the 8, I think the 7 could be my last iPhone. I am starting to believe that Apple died with Steve Jobs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I got a 7 as soon as it came out to replace my 6. I have been mostly disappointed with the 7.

I will wait a while to upgrade. If Apple fails to deliver again with the 8, I think the 7 could be my last iPhone. I am starting to believe that Apple died with Steve Jobs.
View Quote
Nah - you are where I was when the iPhone 5 came out. I was underwhelmed with the 5 so I went over to Samsung (Galaxy S5) until the 6s came out. I cane back to the iPhone and doubt I'll jump ship again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm curious to see what happens with pricing on the 7.

I've been using a 5S for the last three years, and I will probably be moving to a 7 unless they surprise us with a SE update.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm curious to see what happens with pricing on the 7.

I've been using a 5S for the last three years, and I will probably be moving to a 7 unless they surprise us with a SE update.
View Quote
This.  My 5S is starting to give me some trouble lately and I am due for an upgrade. Might go with the 7 when prices drop.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Checking in...
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#34]
pretty sweet looking theatre
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Live feed

CNET's live coverage of Apple's iPhone X announcement

Edit

That one sucks just dudes talking

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok mitches...im off to watch the event
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Old plan that isn't eligible for on plan upgrades. I still only pay $35/mo for unlimited under AT&T. It's worth paying upfront for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They let you pay monthly for free. You blow your load at once vs being spread out. End result is the same. It's not like there is 10.99% interest lol
I have a grandfathered ATT unlimited plan and do ATT next. You don't need to pay upfront.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#39]
there official stream on apple.com isnt even working?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#40]
More phone less park.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Also battery will show a low percentage like 30% but then plug it up and it shows something like 60%.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the hell do you guys with older iphones (6 and earlier) even use the damn things?

My 6 is getting unbearably slow, not responding to presses occasionally and battery life is tailing off.

Looks like I will be getting in on the new phone hysteria.

I have a 6 plus a I am starting to see slowness and general lag in operation.

I am getting the X and I am getting on the new every year program too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvLyEYwVvg
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
working for me, thats what I'm watching.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Apple stores now called town squares...who cares

I'm not going to go "explore" in your store
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would pay $1300 for a phone that I could uninstall the fucking PHONE app. I don't want to talk on the phone ever.

I work from my phone so $1200 is cheaper than a micro laptop.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow I can't wait to go to an Apple Store Town Square to learn how to use my phone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My fist smart phone was a HTC tilt back when watching A fox news YouTube vid would take 15 minutes to
I out off getting an iPhone for a while but I did wait in line for the original iPad and the united data plans at the time.  Oh how things have changed$1200 is a crazy amount, but when you look at how powerful phones are now, and how much we use them, it's not a stupid investment.  People literally are around their phones half the hours of the day, every day, 365 days per year.  Phones have been well over $500 for a while, they've just been subsidized by carriers and now they are not.
View Quote
They aren't phones. They are hand held computers with a phone feature. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wow I can't wait to go to an Apple Store Town Square to learn how to use my phone.
View Quote
Make sure you go to the genius grove section lol wtf
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#49]
when are we gonna get through this bullshit of them talking about how excited they are and just show us the goods
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol what? Pay attention and don't try so hard.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top