Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Equifax, a company that compiled all of my information without my approval or input, put that information in a place where it could be stolen?

Guess, it's time to get in on the ground floor of that class action suit.
View Quote
I guess everybody has already forgotten about the breach at DOD where the Chinese got all the classified security files of most servicemen. From the top down. Including Mattis.

(Yawn) No big deal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Firefox tells me that the "check potential impact" button and "enroll here" link on Equifax's site above https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html is blocked because it is a deceptive site
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Firefox tells me that the "check potential impact" button and "enroll here" link on Equifax's site above https://trustedidpremier.com/eligibility/eligibility.html is blocked because it is a deceptive site
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
And people wonder why...
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah now they want to give you only a year of free monitoring like they're doing us a favor. They're the ones that lost the data, wonder how good their monitoring really is.
View Quote
I called Equifax last month regarding a call from a "collection agency" about my "$300 overdue ATT balance." They had the last 4 digits of my social. Tough shit, I have a credit freeze with the 3 credit outfits. For what that's worth.

During the conversation the Equifax gal mentioned they didn't have my DOB and gave me instructions on how to fax it to them.

Hey! Here's a better idea.............

HOW ABOUT I JUST RENT A FUCKING BILLBOARD AND PASTE IT UP FOR THE WORLD TO JOT DOWN?

suggested reading-

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Just an FYI:

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/906120794593427456

You have to click the tweet to see the embedded image to see the legal text from Equifax...
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At this rate, I may never have to pay for credit monitoring again...
View Quote
Tell me about it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
If you accept a wiener chip this won't happen to you ever again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I put a credit block on my credit at all 3 credit agencies since I was exposed due to OPM and Blue Cross hacks
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just an FYI:

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/906120794593427456

You have to click the tweet to see the embedded image to see the legal text from Equifax...
View Quote
People talk about the gallows for politicians, but they skip some corporate execs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#10]
How does one go about creating a credit block/freeze?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#11]
#Equifucked
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#12]
And yet their execs will still get fat bonuses at end of year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#14]
yep, says i may have been compromised
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They should do this - and everyone's credit should be frozen 100% of the time with us having the option to unfreeze at will.   They won't because then they won't be able to sell everyone's credit info to prescreeners and companies looking to check your rating.

And you are exactly right, free credit monitoring is bullshit.  It doesn't protect you, it just lets you find out that someone has your info a lot sooner than normal.   And then you have to pay to get the security freezes anyway.
View Quote
That's what pisses me off. You have to pay to lock your credit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why can't any of these mother fucking companies secure their networks
View Quote
$. Their bonuses and yachts are more important.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I called Equifax last month regarding a call from a "collection agency" about my "$300 overdue ATT balance." They had the last 4 digits of my social. Tough shit, I have a credit freeze with the 3 credit outfits. For what that's worth.

During the conversation the Equifax gal mentioned they didn't have my DOB and gave me instructions on how to fax it to them.

Hey! Here's a better idea.............

HOW ABOUT I JUST RENT A FUCKING BILLBOARD AND PASTE IT UP FOR THE WORLD TO JOT DOWN?

suggested reading-

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/60489/csc-302000.JPG
View Quote
preaching to the choir man. I had to call and dispute something before.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope to see Equifax exec's in jail and the company dissolved.
Their children penniless on the streets and their wives turning tricks for food.
Fuck everyone working at that shithole establishment, from the CEO to the shitter cleaner.
I'm in for a class action suit and I don't care if the lawyers get the biggest share, as long as Equifax is destroyed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How about companies taking responsibility for their shit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prison for everyone.
Not defending Equifax but how about hunting down these hackers and giving them the death penalty.
How about companies taking responsibility for their shit?
like gun owners who don't lock up heir guns?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I know its a "rip off"  but ... since the wife and I are jacking our rating due to property/home building plans  ( I'm almost 800 shes mid 600s  :/ )

I'm glad I've pissed away the $10 a month for Life Lock.... ( It's easier than locking my credit)

I get notices whenever something strange happens, they even caught my main email floating around the dark web and texted me...

I'm good till they get hacked lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

With the usual lawyer billing shenanigans he'd probably end up with all the guns and we'd get one magazine  baseplate apiece.
View Quote
fify
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll just add this to the letter that I got from the State of CO two days ago, in which they stated that they "inadvertantly" posted my name, address, DOB and SSN for all to see.

Thanks Big Gubmint and Corporations!

What would I do without you...

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How does one go about creating a credit block/freeze?
View Quote
You have to visit each of the main 3 agencies.  Equifax, Transunion, Experian

Find the credit help, fraud help, credit dispute section at each website. look for security freeze - not security lock.

From there the process is different for all 3.  you'll need some info like your ssn and a credit card for the 10 dollar charge.  

You have to do the freeze at all 3, so it will cost you $30
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
If your looking to freeze your credit you should start by checking with your states website at their dept of justice to see your states laws regarding a "credit freeze".

North Carolinians, like yours truly, should start here: http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/5ec7dfeb-a28e-4b26-92c2-42df5fa0c36e/Freeze-Your-Credit.aspx
Then download the online forms of which there are three at my next link. Mail them to each of the three main credit bureaus in order to freeze your credit.
If you're a NC resident there's no charge to freeze your credit. Here's the link to the page with the forms: http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/e265b0c0-6a9c-4fef-a0a9-dce26b74277e/Free-Security-Freeze.aspx

There's a fourth credit bureau that you should also consider asking to freeze your credit called Innovis.
Here's there web address: https://www.innovis.com/personal/securityFreeze
Take your pick as to the method you want to employ to freeze your credit with them.
I did it by mail & there's no charge to freeze your credit.

Here's an article that's covering in depth what's going on with the Experian data breach, why you should freeze your credit and how the breach might affect you.
It's also being updated quickly with new information: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/breach-at-equifax-may-impact-143m-americans/
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should do this - and everyone's credit should be frozen 100% of the time with us having the option to unfreeze at will.   They won't because then they won't be able to sell everyone's credit info to prescreeners and companies looking to check your rating.

And you are exactly right, free credit monitoring is bullshit.  It doesn't protect you, it just lets you find out that someone has your info a lot sooner than normal.   And then you have to pay to get the security freezes anyway.
Incorrect.

Some states have laws that dont charge you to freeze your credit.

My has been frozen for 2 years now,no charge in freezing or un freezing it as many times as i want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If your looking to freeze your credit you should start by checking with your states website at their dept of justice to see your states laws regarding a "credit freeze".

North Carolinians, like yours truly, should start here: http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/5ec7dfeb-a28e-4b26-92c2-42df5fa0c36e/Freeze-Your-Credit.aspx
Then download the online forms of which there are three at my next link. Mail them to each of the three main credit bureaus in order to freeze your credit.
If you're a NC resident there's no charge to freeze your credit. Here's the link to the page with the forms: http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/e265b0c0-6a9c-4fef-a0a9-dce26b74277e/Free-Security-Freeze.aspx

There's a fourth credit bureau that you should also consider asking to freeze your credit called Innovis.
Here's there web address: https://www.innovis.com/personal/securityFreeze
Take your pick as to the method you want to employ to freeze your credit with them.
I did it by mail & there's no charge to freeze your credit.

Here's an article that's covering in depth what's going on with the Experian data breach, why you should freeze your credit and how the breach might affect you.
It's also being updated quickly with new information: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/breach-at-equifax-may-impact-143m-americans/
View Quote
I froze all 3 of mine online,no mailing forms,etc.

Takes less then 5 minutes per freeze.Just go to each of the 3 credit sites and freeze each one
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]
So should I freeze my credit?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too...those bastages.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#30]

I hope anyone who sold shares after finding out about this and before going public with it dies of AIDS in prison.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Me too...those bastages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too...those bastages.
Cnet says you shouldn't be using that site. You are agreeing to never sue them by using it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cnet says you shouldn't be using that site. You are agreeing to never sue them by using it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Me too...those bastages.
What , in a class action...

Good I'll wait for my .02 cent coupon and 3 months free monitoring*

*requires pre-paid purchase of 10 years credit monitoring 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, I just read that after checking. Fucked over twice in less than 24 hours.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That is extremely bad.  Someone is going to be in deep yogurt without a spoon.

Victims of the breach will get one year of Equifax 3-bureau credit monitoring for free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That is extremely bad.  Someone is going to be in deep yogurt without a spoon.

Quoted:
So Equifax, a company that compiled all of my information without my approval or input, put that information in a place where it could be stolen? 

Guess, it's time to get in on the ground floor of that class action suit.
Victims of the breach will get one year of Equifax 3-bureau credit monitoring for free.
Make up not commensurate to failure
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
The NY AG confirmed that is not true, at least for the cyberhack.

https://twitter.com/AGSchneiderman/status/906235416738705408
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Lots of DERP is starting in this thread.

Credit Monitoring doesn't fucking work - just trust me on this.  It doesn't stop some fraudster from using the information they have to open credit in your name.   All it does it let you know that you have a ID THEFT issue about 30-60 days sooner than when the angry creditor normally attempts to contact you.  

You should do each of the following if you have been informed your data has been stolen:

Visit each credit reporting agency site Equifax, Transunion, and Experian and open free initial 90 day fraud alerts. This is only a half-assed solution because smaller lending companies often ignore fraud alerts because they aren't legally obligated to contact you. With fraud alerts you are relying on the creditor's policy and their employee's diligence.

Visit each site and go with a credit freeze.  Most fees are $10 bucks to set and lift a freeze, but it depends on your state.  If you are a current victim of fraud they will set a freeze for free as long as you supply an ID theft report from your local PD.  None of us are probably currrent victims of the Equifax breech right now.  They won't do it for free because you are caught up in the equifax dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Aimless's new favorite song.
The Sailor's Hornpipe ORCHESTRAL College Hornpipe
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
SEC investigation in 3...2...1...
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
The site asked users to enter their last name and last six digits of their SSN, but at the prompting of a reader’s comment I confirmed that just entering gibberish names and numbers produced the same result as the one I saw when I entered my real information: Come back on Sept. 13.
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#40]
froze my shit with all 3 a year or so ago...only had to unfreeze once and it's had the added benefit of keeping my habit of large impulse purchases with credit in check
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Getting so sick of this shit. Why can't multi-billion dollar corporations keep from getting hacked?

This is coming from a person (me) who has spent their entire professional career in IT including data center sized builds, firewall installation and maintenance, intrusion detection, and "cyber" security (it's really just security). 

It's hard, but it's not impossible with enough manpower and computing resources. Especially to prevent breaches of this scale.

Dumpster fire indeed. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Getting so sick of this shit. Why can't multi-billion dollar corporations keep from getting hacked?

This is coming from a person (me) who has spent their entire professional career in IT including data center sized builds, firewall installation and maintenance, intrusion detection, and "cyber" security (it's really just security). 

It's hard, but it's not impossible with enough manpower and computing resources. Especially to prevent breaches of this scale.

Dumpster fire indeed. 
View Quote
low quality IT workers being pumped out of 6-month "schools" and incompetent, non-technical management who control the purse strings.

ETA: just 2 of many reasons I quit the IT field 3 months ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm all for it.  It could be done if they wanted to.
View Quote
How do we arrest the Chinese and/or Russian Governments? They sposor a lot of this crap.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same thing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
wonder is their IT was outsourced overseas? 
View Quote
This was my first thought.  Reeks of lowest bid outsourced software contractors.   Hope supposedly saving 10 dollars an hour is worth the all the lawsuits and damage to your reputation.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Wasn't compromised.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#48]
All the upper management that dumped stock just before releasing that they had been hacked ''swore'' they had no idea of it when they sold their stock off.

And meth and heroin addicts never EVER lie either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Same thing.
View Quote
Add me too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#50]
So congress will look into this and hold hearings and nothing will come of it.
Why the fuck isn't the AG not up their ass with hot poker and hand cuffs asking why did you wait six weeks to come forward.
Page / 5
Top Top