BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TRump is playing 3D chess and Congress is playing kick the can.
View Quote
Since congress can't get anything done its great to see Trump set this rattlesnake of an issue on congress's lap.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Since congress can't get anything done its great to see Trump set this rattlesnake of an issue on congress's lap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will admit to not being an early supporter of Trump, I was a late convert. But, I now love the guy. He hasn't the style of Reagan, he isn't a true conservative, but, he sure knows how to play the game like Reagan. Imagine if he had the Rinos, and libertarians, and the party behind him the great things he could do.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did putting it in Congress' lap accomplish?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

6 months gives people time to self-deport at zero cost to the taxpayer.
View Quote
Yeah, that'll happen. LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Obama says he's going to step in.
View Quote
Step in and take the place of one of the deportees? That's something I would support.

FBHO.  There's a reason past presidents have remained quiet on policy matters after leaving office.  He should STFU. 
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
President Trump turned DACA, a complete clusterfuck of a political trap set up by Obama that was always planned on becoming amnesty, into a political weapon for the upcoming GOP congressional primaries.  He either gets the globalists in his party to bend over to his will, or they get replaced by someone more friendly to his goals.

Watching his press secretary speak with a sly smile every time reporters asked if Trump would sign permanent DACA amnesty lets me know exactly what is going on.  The executive and legislative branches all know that any kind of amnesty is unpopular.  Trump gets to look good by following the law and the Constitutional process (shutting up the libertarians who screamed that Trump was going to be a strongman dictator), gets Congress to look even dumber (McConnell and Ryan), and may get the undocumented democrats in the GOP to play ball or get replaced.  His healthcare reform gamble failed miserably, so I hope he is much more successful with this plan.

There seems to be a tendency by some people to want to cast doubt and attack Trump over the fact that Trump could theoretically sign amnesty into law if Congress passed it.  If what-if's are the only criticism you have, then I would recommend being a lot quieter for the time being.  He ain't perfect, but how many examples of politically non-liberal behavior do you need before you get it through your fucking heads?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Obama says he's going to step in.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
President Trump turned DACA, a complete clusterfuck of a political trap set up by Obama that was always planned on becoming amnesty, into a political weapon for the upcoming GOP congressional primaries.  He either gets the globalists in his party to bend over to his will, or they get replaced by someone more friendly to his goals.

Watching his press secretary speak with a sly smile every time reporters asked if Trump would sign permanent DACA amnesty lets me know exactly what is going on.  The executive and legislative branches all know that any kind of amnesty is unpopular.  Trump gets to look good by following the law and the Constitutional process (shutting up the libertarians who screamed that Trump was going to be a strongman dictator), gets Congress to look even dumber (McConnell and Ryan), and may get the undocumented democrats in the GOP to play ball or get replaced.  His healthcare reform gamble failed miserably, so I hope he is much more successful with this plan.

There seems to be a tendency by some people to want to cast doubt and attack Trump over the fact that Trump could theoretically sign amnesty into law if Congress passed it.  If what-if's are the only criticism you have, then I would recommend being a lot quieter for the time being.  He ain't perfect, but how many examples of politically non-liberal behavior do you need before you get it through your fucking heads?
View Quote
The fact that Ryan is pissed off is proof.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
If Trump truly wanted the "Dreamers' gone and to get in line for citizenship, then why involve congress at all?

He has the authority to end DACA and to deport anyone in the country illegally right now with no action required from Congress.  

Why tell Congress to do their job regarding DACA unless he wants them to have some pathway to legalization?  What weapon do you think is being used against congress?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Little DICK and LOVABLE Lindsey are now giving Dreamers oral sex telling them not to be afraid...........
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If Trump truly wanted the "Dreamers' gone and to get in line for citizenship, then why involve congress at all?

He has the authority to end DACA and to deport anyone in the country illegally right now with no action required from Congress.  

Why tell Congress to do their job regarding DACA unless he wants them to have some pathway to legalization?  What weapon do you think is being used against congress?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the Constitution and the rule of law.........oh, and separation of power. Something the last couple congress's and the last POTUS failed to acknowledge.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Just love how all the mexican kids just walked out of school in PHX, AZ and are protesting in the streets. They have nothing to do with DACA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the Constitution and the rule of law.........oh, and separation of power. Something the last couple congress's and the last POTUS failed to acknowledge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  He can restore the rule of law by ending DACA.  He does not need congress for that

What does he want from congress?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Lindsey Graham is talking
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Little DICK and LOVABLE Lindsey are now giving Dreamers oral sex telling them not to be afraid...........
View Quote
Watching them  squirm and kiss ass is fun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just love how all the mexican kids just walked out of school in PHX, AZ and are protesting in the streets. They have nothing to do with DACA.
View Quote
all together in one group?  easier to deport.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Dick Durbin: "These are the best and brightest in our Country."
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes.  He can restore the rule of law by ending DACA.  He does not need congress for that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he is making them do their job. at the end of six months if they haven't then they can start deportations...........besides quite a few will probably self deport. This maneuver is classic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just threw up in my mouth a bit thinking of Lindsey kissing ass, having anything to do with asses.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
he is making them do their job. at the end of six months if they haven't then they can start deportations...........besides quite a few will probably self deport. This maneuver is classic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and if they do their job?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funding for the wall, immigration reform?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dick Durbin: "These are the best and brightest in our Country."
View Quote
like Lindsey he loves cock too, albeit much younger cock. I've heard that he and Reid were fraternity members.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then they do it what ever the result we as a nation hired them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

excellent point if anyone can do it.......well MAGA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dick Durbin was just asked about the wall. He said its a non-starter. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seem to remember a president back in the 80's who made a deal that granted amnesty for border security.  He later admitted it was the biggest mistake of his presidency.  

Let's hope every brick is in that wall before nearly a million people are legalized

Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I seem to remember a president back in the 80's who made a deal that granted amnesty for border security.  He later admitted it was the biggest mistake of his presidency.  

Let's hope every brick is in that wall before nearly a million people are legalized

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump's people say he wants a legal, comprehensive, constitutional fix passed by Congress to our immigration system as a whole, not back-alley executive tricks and short term solutions.

This goes way beyond DACA, and until you see that, we're just talking in circles arguing over things like Trump legalizing illegals that haven't happened and and may never even happen.  You've got the RAISE Act, money for the wall, the upcoming congressional primaries, and all kinds of potential issues that need to be debated and negotiated.  This looks to be the beginning of his negotiation.  And if they don't negotiate, he can work to get the shitbirds primaried out.  He's playing the long game with this one.

He took DACA, wrapped it around Congress' neck, and said "Fuck you, it's your problem to fix, not mine."  In the meantime, he'll continue to enforce the law as he is constitutionally bound to do.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
He already IS ending DACA.

He wants congress to fix the broken immigration system as a whole.

This isn't a hard fucking concept.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is....in 6 months.

Today's tweets and press conferences werent about the immigration system as a whole...they were about DACA.

There may be more going on behind the scenes but neither you nor i know that.   Are you willing to trade amnesty for a wall?  Which will come first?  Was that mentioned in the campaigns?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What about it?
View Quote
Trump wants the wall more than killing DACA, but he's needs the congress to get his wall.

Some RINO in the congress feel they need to keep DACA to help them get re-elected midterm next year.

The art of the deal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#32]
MAGA!  Motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Today's tweets and press conferences werent about the immigration system as a whole...they were about DACA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Ignoring the numerous comments from his press secretary that I watched live, this was part of a larger release that came out a few hours ago, sounds fairly extensive to me:

Congress now has the opportunity to advance responsible immigration reform that puts American jobs and American security first. We are facing the symptom of a larger problem, illegal immigration, along with the many other chronic immigration problems Washington has left unsolved. We must reform our green card system, which now favors low-skilled immigration and puts immense strain on U.S. taxpayers. We must base future immigration on merit – we want those coming into the country to be able to support themselves financially, to contribute to our economy, and to love our country and the values it stands for. Under a merit-based system, citizens will enjoy higher employment, rising wages, and a stronger middle class. Senators Tom Cotton and David Perdue have introduced the RAISE Act, which would establish this merit-based system and produce lasting gains for the American People.
This is why it's always talking in circles with you, you've got blinders on and can't even notice what's happening.

Quoted:
There may be more going on behind the scenes but neither you nor i know that.   Are you willing to trade amnesty for a wall?  Which will come first?  Was that mentioned in the campaigns?
As I've told you plenty of times before, I'm not getting into a debate with you over things that haven't happened nor even been proposed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is how Trump with start the 3rd party.
View Quote
YAY! Democrats in control for 50 years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
And Congress says fuck it. Trump dealt with it. It's his rattlesnake. We don't bring up a bill, our hands are clean.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He is....in 6 months.

View Quote
First and foremost, DACA is unconstitutional. It needs to go regardless of the political backlash or optics of it.

Now we are discussing illegal aliens, some of whom were brought here by their parents. Now the onus is on congress to deal with these illegal aliens while also reforming immigration and building a border wall to Trump's specifications.

What congress will do about all of that is anyone's guess... If they fail to legislate and fix the problem, Trump will have no choice but to deport the DACA dreamers along with the rest of the illegal aliens once DACA is rescinded entirely.

Edit: In the meantime, Republican states can still sue the President for enforcing an unconstitutional order, which they should to keep the pressure on congress from all sides.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

First and foremost, DACA is unconstitutional. It needs to go regardless of the political backlash or optics of it.

Now we are discussing illegal aliens, some of whom were brought here by their parents. Now the onus is on congress to deal with these illegal aliens while also reforming immigration and building a border wall to Trump's specifications.

What congress will do about all of that is anyone's guess... If they fail to legislate and fix the problem, Trump will have no choice but to deport the DACA dreamers along with the rest of the illegal aliens once DACA is rescinded entirely.

Edit: In the meantime, Republican states can still sue the President for enforcing an unconstitutional order, which they should to keep the pressure on congress from all sides.
View Quote
Why do people keep repeating this?

Trump just dealt with them. Congress doesn't have to do a damn thing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

probably said for the first time when the Whig party broke up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is immigration the new Compromise of 1850?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Trump wants the wall more than killing DACA, but he's needs the congress to get his wall.

Some RINO in the congress feel they need to keep DACA to help them get re-elected midterm next year.

The art of the deal.
View Quote
DACA'ens can stay and apply for citizenship if they show good faith by putting in one year of community service... building a wall.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exposing the amnesty RINOs to the voters, right before the primaries
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see. I hope not, considering the way that turned out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
DACA'ens can stay and apply for citizenship if they show good faith by putting in one year of community service... building a wall.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The art of the deal.
now, that would be epic.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We'll likely find out that Congress would rather give illegals amnesty than America a tax bteak

And while WE have known it, the rest of America needs to see it
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Population of the U.S. has increased about 300% since the early to mid 1800's. There are people today that vote Democrat ticket, Republican ticket, other parties and swing voters.

To start a third party and succeed today enough of the straight Republican and swing voters have to be convinced to support your new third party. If that was even remotely possible one of the other parties in existence today should be able to garner more than 1% of the vote.

Splitting the Republican party today is a massive gift to Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Dickhead and Cocksucker.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why do people keep repeating this?

Trump just dealt with them. Congress doesn't have to do a damn thing.
View Quote
You don't think congress(RINOs and democrats) are going to reform immigration and fund a border wall if they have to live with deporting these DACA dreamers, do you?

I'm afraid we are stuck with them unless congress miraculously changes. We can all dream or we can deal with reality, what do you suggest we do?

If we drop the border wall and immigration reform, we can deport the DACA dreamers but then the next president can reinstate DACA for the next bus loads of indigents.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#50]
"Immigration reform" means amnesty for 30-50 million illegals.

How is the immigration system "broken?"   If the laws were enforced I doubt there would be an issue.

We need to cut legal immigration by about 90% for a few decades.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top