Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 11:04:16 PM EDT
"Signer is also pushing for legislation to permit "localities to ban the open or concealed carry of weapons in public events reasonably deemed to pose a potential security threat," according to a news release.

“In a new age of domestic terrorism, we need to re-examine the balance that we strike between public safety and violent protests,” Signer said. "It should not be acceptable to open-carry or concealed-carry firearms at an event of the sort we saw last weekend."
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Not surprising.  And, in before the anti gunners here crying because dudes were lawfully carrying.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Time to ban Dodge Chargers and vans too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Bunch of hypocritical asshats

Eta
Asshats like him are why we have the second.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe instead of calling for laws that could be used to disarm both the violent people (or maybe not) and the law-abiding people that want to defend themselves from the violent people, he could tell his police chief to arrest people that decide to have a protest without a permit and use that protest as an excuse to get violent.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Bless his heart.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mayor is a UC Berkeley alumni https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Signer
View Quote
So was my first "advisor" in college, I fired him inside of two weeks and took care of all my own admin shit for two years.

My next advisor was a former ARVN intel officer, we got along like a house on fire.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
And yet, Not a single shot was fired....
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"we need to re-examine the balance that we strike between public safety and violent protests,” Signer said."
View Quote

To safely allow violent protests?

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]
That OP titled it "gun demands" kind makes it hard to find and I spent 20 minutes digging they the last 3 pages of posts too worst of all only 24 people bothered to post in that thread
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
There were guns present and no shots fired, then there was a riot with sticks and fists and concrete filled pepsi cans. Then a car hit some people.

let's ban guns!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow they are sticking right to the program all those "paranoid" people were predicting. Erasing history, and attacking civil rights? Bravo fascist. Bravo
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
let's look at that 1A again...shall we?

peaceably assemble, right?

I am obviously no Constitutional scholar, but methinks if you are there wearing any sort of hoodie and/or mask, you are not there to peacably assemble.

You should be arrested on the spot.

Let's ban masks and hoodies at such events first.

Then let's make the indiscriminate throwing of rocks into crowds attempted murder.

Throw a rock...arrested on the spot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#16]
From my cold dead hands....
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mayor is a UC Berkeley alumni https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Signer
View Quote
Is he a BAMN supporter like the San Francisco mayor and police chief?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I am obviously no Constitutional scholar, but methinks if you are there wearing any sort of hoodie and/or mask, you are not there to peacably assemble.

Then let's make the indiscriminate throwing of rocks into crowds attempted murder.

Throw a rock...arrested on the spot.
View Quote
I'm almost certain VA has a "no mask law" anyway. It was an anti-klan law.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:00:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny you should mention that...
Virginia code 18.2-422
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is he a BAMN supporter like the San Francisco mayor and police chief?
View Quote
He proclaimed "Capitol of the resistance"
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:24:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Mayor is just doubling down on stupid. 

McAulisp will weigh in with his tyranny shortly. 

Meanwhile, Soros cackles with glee. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#22]
This is one of the very few times I've ever wanted to OC a rifle in public. Maybe I should start attending the council meetings with a slung AR, wearing a shirt that says "I'm here only because Mayor Signer's statements."
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like Breitbart picked it up  "Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer (D) addressed the August 12 car attack that killed Heather Heyer, suggesting it highlights the need to limit concealed carry.
He said he supports the Second Amendment, and is even “friends with many gun owners,” but he thinks more restrictions are necessary following the rally in which a car attack took an innocent life.

According to the Atlantic, Signer said, “While I am…a strong supporter of the Second Amendment, that right, like all Constitutional rights, comes with limits.” He then said, “Just as machine guns cannot be owned by civilians in this country…it should not be acceptable to open-carry or concealed-carry firearms at an event of the sort we saw last weekend.”

Wow. Someone in the mayor’s circle needs to tell him or his speech-writing team that there is no federal ban on machine gun ownership in the U.S., so long as the guns were manufactured pre-1986. In fact, machine guns are widely owned. There are states that ban ownership of machine guns, but law-abiding citizens who can afford a machine can most certainly–and most legally–own and shoot one in a state than does not prohibit ownership.

But the most egregious move was the mayor’s jump from machine guns to concealed carry (I thought he said he was “a strong supporter of the Second Amendment?”).  Think about it; in a rally where not a single shot was fired—where the fatal attack was carried out with a vehicle—the Charlottesville Mayor finds reason to limit concealed carry of firearms and curtail the open carry of firearms as well.

He said the ability to carry guns is “intimidating,” as if we still live in the post-Civil War south where Democrats used Black Codes and carry bans to be sure black citizens could not be armed as they moved about society. Those days are long gone. The Union Republicans defeated the Confederate Democrats and in the 21st century the right to carry guns is not limited to one segment of society. Rather, it is the right of every law-abiding citizen in America."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top