Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 1:56:11 PM EDT
Insightful blog post
If you’re in the mass hysteria, recognizing you have all the symptoms of hysteria won’t help you be aware you are in it. That’s not how hallucinations work. Instead, your hallucination will automatically rewrite itself to expel any new data that conflicts with its illusions.

But if you are not experiencing mass hysteria, you might be totally confused by the actions of the people who are. They appear to be irrational, but in ways that are hard to define. You can’t tell if they are stupid, unscrupulous, ignorant, mentally ill, emotionally unstable or what. It just looks frickin’ crazy...
View Quote
I thought it was worth the read, as most of his blog entries are.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Posted to Book of Faces.  We'll see how many folks unfriend me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Good read.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
"People who think suck, especially when they think differently than me."

-people in a mass hysteria bubble
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]
"But if you are not experiencing mass hysteria, you might be totally confused by the actions of the people who are. They appear to be irrational, but in ways that are hard to define. You can’t tell if they are stupid, unscrupulous, ignorant, mentally ill, emotionally unstable or what. It just looks frickin’ crazy..."

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Scott Adams is a Nazi!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Good read. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#7]
IIRC he has a brother or cousin or something as a regular member here.  

So this is like mob mentality?  Little thinking and lots of volatile behavior?  Is there any research (ideally from non-leftists) on the new age of lightning fast social media technology and mob psychology?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I am sure it's tied into herd mentality which is buried deep into out genetic code.

What once kept us safe, is now doing the opposite in modern society.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scott Adams is a Nazi!
View Quote
Literally Hitler....

shame......Shame......SHAME!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#10]
That's awesome.  I actually came to the conclusion for those reasons just yesterday, that my leftist co-worker (who I have worked with and been friends with for 20 years) has gone hysterical.

In my mind I am far more objective and realistic as to what the different sides are saying and thinking, and am not trying to change anyone's mind.  But I was starting to question if I am maybe getting sucked in to something.  His I'm never wrong attitude and increasing parroting of the news echo chamber, with his hatred toward Trump and the inability to even hear anything other than what he wants to support his narrative, is all really starting to show.

Talking about Charlottesville Wednesday I brought up Antifa, and he had no idea who they are, so I basically told him that they are trying to silence anybody who doesn't agree with their ideas through fear of violence.  Well, yesterday he stopped at my door and said he found out who Antifa is...I said something about them being bad, blah, blah.  His responded with "But the neo-nazis are much worse with their hateful ideas, and someone has to fight against the nazis so they don't spread their ideology."  Then I had no doubt...it isn't me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Insightful blog post
If you’re in the mass hysteria, recognizing you have all the symptoms of hysteria won’t help you be aware you are in it. That’s not how hallucinations work. Instead, your hallucination will automatically rewrite itself to expel any new data that conflicts with its illusions.

But if you are not experiencing mass hysteria, you might be totally confused by the actions of the people who are. They appear to be irrational, but in ways that are hard to define. You can’t tell if they are stupid, unscrupulous, ignorant, mentally ill, emotionally unstable or what. It just looks frickin’ crazy...
View Quote
I thought it was worth the read, as most of his blog entries are.

Kharn
View Quote

You are right, that was a good read - thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"But if you are not experiencing mass hysteria, you might be totally confused by the actions of the people who are. They appear to be irrational, but in ways that are hard to define. You can’t tell if they are stupid, unscrupulous, ignorant, mentally ill, emotionally unstable or what. It just looks frickin’ crazy..."

Pretty much sums it up for me.
View Quote
Bingo.  When I saw the group that pulled down the statue in, North Carolina???, and they were kicking and spitting on it, I swore I was looking at retards from some third world shithole.  That behavior defies any logic whatsoever.  The rage against these statues that have been standing over 100 years is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Hit the nail on the head. Everything these people knew up until election night were the lies the media was spoon feeding them. Instead of realizing the simple fact they'd been lied to by the corrupt media...MUH RUSSIA! MUH RACISTS! Again, more media spoon fed lies. Round and round we go.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Scott Adams is a Nazi!
View Quote
Negative, He's a WITCH... burn him
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scott Adams is a Nazi!
But does he weigh the same as a duck?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scott Adams is a Nazi!
Only if he is made of wood
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#17]

A perfect fit for this thread.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#18]
These tulips are totally worth it and Beanie Babies are gold.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Very good read.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's awesome.  I actually came to the conclusion for those reasons just yesterday, that my leftist co-worker (who I have worked with and been friends with for 20 years) has gone hysterical.

In my mind I am far more objective and realistic as to what the different sides are saying and thinking, and am not trying to change anyone's mind.  But I was starting to question if I am maybe getting sucked in to something.  His I'm never wrong attitude and increasing parroting of the news echo chamber, with his hatred toward Trump and the inability to even hear anything other than what he wants to support his narrative, is all really starting to show.

Talking about Charlottesville Wednesday I brought up Antifa, and he had no idea who they are, so I basically told him that they are trying to silence anybody who doesn't agree with their ideas through fear of violence.  Well, yesterday he stopped at my door and said he found out who Antifa is...I said something about them being bad, blah, blah.  His responded with "But the neo-nazis are much worse with their hateful ideas, and someone has to fight against the nazis so they don't spread their ideology."  Then I had no doubt...it isn't me.
View Quote
Yeah 250 nazis in Cville provided time traveling rationalization for the last year of thousands of antifa commies.

And Nazis kill 3 people a year.

Literally nothing kills less people than nazis
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Scott Adams is a Nazi!
View Quote
Nazis are white. He's white. If a duck floats, he's a witch. Burn him!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Talk about two movies

both sides just thinks the other is crazy

that is extremely unfortunate 

the fringes are defining our nation
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#25]
The libs outed themselves on my Facebook page.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I just printed it. I plan on making everyone in the family read it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top