ETA Damnit
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pirkle:

Take your pick.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340403/IMG_1805-311027.JPG
View Quote
Sweet awesomeness! Some longer curved pieces about 8-10" would be perfect for her!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tooBeaucoup:

ETA Damnit
View Quote
Haven't seen you around here as much. How you been bro?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By slims_88:

Haven't seen you around here as much. How you been bro?
View Quote
Been good haus! Ive been busy working crazy hours at my new job.
3:30 am to 2:30 pm. Thought Id swing by the Kenpire for a minute!

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tooBeaucoup:

Been good haus! Ive been busy working crazy hours at my new job.
3:30 am to 2:30 pm. Thought Id swing by the Kenpire for a minute!

View Quote
Rough hours, how are you liking it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Only reason I shop at O'reillys is because it is the only parts store in town.  I prefer Napa.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:

I have had some pretty poor electronics from O'riellys. I refuse to use most of them unless it is Import Direct, factory stuff for the import line. But that does not help you being a Dodge.
Hell today we had a customer come back because a thermostat failed from O'riellys that we put in 3 months ago, was a lower temp than factory(customer requested it) they were the only place to find that temp.
Told him we will replace under warranty, but we will use a factory proper temp t stat, or we will not warranty it again.
Only reason I shop at O'reillys is because it is the only parts store in town.  I prefer Napa.
Best of luck my friend!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Best of luck my friend!
View All Quotes

I have had some pretty poor electronics from O'riellys. I refuse to use most of them unless it is Import Direct, factory stuff for the import line. But that does not help you being a Dodge.
Hell today we had a customer come back because a thermostat failed from O'riellys that we put in 3 months ago, was a lower temp than factory(customer requested it) they were the only place to find that temp.
Told him we will replace under warranty, but we will use a factory proper temp t stat, or we will not warranty it again.
Best of luck my friend!
I drive a Ford F2-fiddy with a 5.4L gas 2010.  With 65,000 miles on it not a Dodge.  I am 60 miles from the mechanic I use he does good work this is the first problem I have had with his repair work in ten years.  He does all the ranch work and my personal repairs when I don't have time to do them or the other ranch hands don't have the time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Check this out.

My post about cutting horns and delivering deer.
View Quote
Might want to change thread title to antlers, not anters.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Take your pick.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340403/IMG_1805-311027.JPG
View Quote
You can order them from SKDTac too. I think they sell some that are used, oddly, those cost more money

link to the used thingys
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]

I would live to find someone around here to go hunt anything with. I should just post in the HTF and see if anyone will take me along.

I'm not much of a hunter, mainly pheasant and quail is all I ever went after with my dad, but haven't been out in probably 7 years for those.
View Quote
You should do it. Throw up a "I've never been deer hunting and would love to have a mentor" post. Somebody out there has a son that is blowing them off for yet another deer season that would love some company in the stand
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By redtruck90:
You should do it. Throw up a "I've never been deer hunting and would love to have a mentor" post. Somebody out there has a son that is blowing them off for yet another deer season that would love some company in the stand
View All Quotes

I would live to find someone around here to go hunt anything with. I should just post in the HTF and see if anyone will take me along.

I'm not much of a hunter, mainly pheasant and quail is all I ever went after with my dad, but haven't been out in probably 7 years for those.
Not a bad idea. I should hit up the couple Arfcommer's I know in person first.

I know someone I could go coyote hunting with, but he always takes a week to go farther north to family property to see family and hunt. I can't take that much time off work to hunt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
Amazing, those deer have about 45 other state hunters drooling right now raiding their piggy banks to see if they can scrape together a hunt without their wives noticing
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#16]

I know someone I could go coyote hunting with, but he always takes a week to go farther north to family property to see family and hunt. I can't take that much time off work to hunt.
View Quote
If you're willing to drive to Howard County I'll hunt deer with you. Bit of a drive but we've got plenty.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By shack357:

If you're willing to drive to Howard County I'll hunt deer with you. Bit of a drive but we've got plenty.
View Quote
Bam.

The KENPIRE DELIVERS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Home from work, latest upper arrived. Rolled the dice on a Bear Creek 7.62X39 upper from Classic. Brand new upper, test fired only, with rust in the bore! It cleaned out easy enough, but I've bought 60-90 year old Enfields that shot nothing but corrosive for at least 40 years that had cleaner bores.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

I've got a slug barrel laying around somewhere for my 12 gauge. I never have checked to see how it's sighted in, swapped it out promptly for a 28" barrel for bird hunting.

Hmm, looks like one route, i could drop my dogs at my aunt's place in Cedar Falls on the way up to watch them for me...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Amazing, those deer have about 45 other state hunters drooling right now raiding their piggy banks to see if they can scrape together a hunt without their wives noticing
View All Quotes

I hunt with a guy from SC that he and his wife are both tens of millionaires on their own.  He still hides it from his wife what he spends.  She does not even need clearance by him for all her horse related stuff.  Some of her horses are 40k.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I drive a Ford F2-fiddy with a 5.4L gas 2010.  With 65,000 miles on it not a Dodge.  I am 60 miles from the mechanic I use he does good work this is the first problem I have had with his repair work in ten years.  He does all the ranch work and my personal repairs when I don't have time to do them or the other ranch hands don't have the time.
View All Quotes

Best of luck my friend!
My apology. I am not sure how I assumed it was a Dodge. Perhaps I crossed threads. And I was not meaning to dismiss your mechanic. If you trust him and the parts he provides, I hope you do.

I was just asking questions and trying to be some help.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Bam.

The KENPIRE DELIVERS.
View All Quotes

Bam.

The KENPIRE DELIVERS.
If some of you guys are willing to get here we could kill some female aoudads.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#23]

My apology. I am not sure how I assumed it was a Dodge. Perhaps I crossed threads. And I was not meaning to dismiss your mechanic. If you trust him and the parts he provides, I hope you do.

View Quote
No apology needed.

I was just stating what I drive and relationship with my mechanic, didn't mean to sound abrasive.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]

I hunt with a guy from SC that he and his wife are both tens of millionaires on their own.  He still hides it from his wife what he spends.  She does not even need clearance by him for all her horse related stuff.  Some of her horses are 40k.
View Quote
Sounds like you know people from Aiken.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
I'm in. 100%. In.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Cost and time frame?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#27]

No apology needed.

I was just stating what I drive and relationship with my mechanic, didn't mean to sound abrasive.
View Quote
Mechanics have it rough. I played that game working for a dealership for about a year... Sometimes, BRAND NEW parts, from the dealership, would be bad. Customers don't care, its our fault. Or, customer comes in and says I want you to install this part I brought, warn them and write up the traditional "Customer requests part XXX be installed. No warranty on parts or labor due to use of customer supplied part". Come to find out part xxxx came from the junkyard, and for a good reason. Customer blames mechanic.

Good on you Pirkle for not playing by those rules, sounds like you've got a good one, and I hope he gets it sorted out for you
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Cost and time frame?
View Quote
Dangit. Somebody had to bring up the adult questions...

I mean, i'll just craigslist a kidney if its too expensive.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Cost and time frame?
View All Quotes

Cost and time frame?
Your trip here and time off work, plus sitting with my creepy ass in a blind.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Cost and time frame?

I got plenty of knives I could move quick if I needed to, for a loss on their value.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

Cost and time frame?
Rough estimate how many days off of work I'd need to take?

I know I can't do it this year. It's getting into my busy time of year for my work. Retail life, Christmas shit is going to start happening in the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Sounds like fun!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:04:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm in. 100%. In.
View All Quotes

I'm in. 100%. In.
I may be as well. Culling operation?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#34]

I know I can't do it this year. It's getting into my busy time of year for my work. Retail life, Christmas shit is going to start happening in the next couple weeks.
View Quote
I'm off all of November... literally.

This would be the coolest thing I've ever done, if you're serious, and get us a time-frame that is the least inconvenient for you, i'd love to come play. I just need a bit of advanced notice to get some 5320.20s routed, and maybe to figure out how to get out of work. Technically, starting in December, right now at least, i'm unemployed (deployed, and while gone... my civilian job/the entire contract I worked on expired, and another company won it..). So that might not be much of an issue...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Mechanics have it rough. I played that game working for a dealership for about a year... Sometimes, BRAND NEW parts, from the dealership, would be bad. Customers don't care, its our fault. Or, customer comes in and says I want you to install this part I brought, warn them and write up the traditional "Customer requests part XXX be installed. No warranty on parts or labor due to use of customer supplied part". Come to find out part xxxx came from the junkyard, and for a good reason. Customer blames mechanic.

Good on you Pirkle for not playing by those rules, sounds like you've got a good one, and I hope he gets it sorted out for you
View Quote
TPS sensor was waranteed by O'reilly's.  I just hope the throttle body that is ten months old is.  My mechanic has a good relationship with his shop in Edinburg so it should be.

Trust me we have replaced many parts on the '97 Chevy ranch pickup with junkyard takeoffs.

I tried to sell my boss my '96 Tahoe for parts a few years ago.  He passed on it it only had 120,000 miles on it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Two to three days.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DeathHates:

I may be as well. Culling operation?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#38]

I got plenty of knives I could move quick if I needed to, for a loss on their value.
View Quote
If we could work timing out splitting gas would make the trip cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#39]

I'm off all of November... literally.

This would be the coolest thing I've ever done, if you're serious, and get us a time-frame that is the least inconvenient for you, i'd love to come play. I just need a bit of advanced notice to get some 5320.20s routed, and maybe to figure out how to get out of work. Technically, starting in December, right now at least, i'm unemployed (deployed, and while gone... my civilian job/the entire contract I worked on expired, and another company won it..). So that might not be much of an issue...
View Quote
For those of the Kenpire, I am being serious pending dates with paying hunters.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#40]
No apology needed.

View All Quotes

No apology needed.

You didn't sound abrasive....don't worry about that.
Sometimes text does not convey the meaning. And am guilty of misreading shit from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

True fact. I have not driven farther than 10 miles away from my apartment in a long time. And I do not drive on highways.

Driving phobia is a real thing. I'm trying to convince myself to buy a 1911 online, just so I have to force myself to drive to the gun store to do the paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#42]

TPS sensor was waranteed by O'reilly's.  I just hope the throttle body that is ten months old is.  My mechanic has a good relationship with his shop in Edinburg so it should be.

Trust me we have replaced many parts on the '97 Chevy ranch pickup with junkyard takeoffs.

I tried to sell my boss my '96 Tahoe for parts a few years ago.  He passed on it it only had 120,000 miles on it.
View Quote
I'll give them that, their warranty process is always painless. Nothing wrong with junkyard takeoffs, but people fail to understand the risk that you're getting a part that may have its own issues, and when that happens, they always try to blame the parts hanger. A lot of dealers and mechanics have refused to install customer supplied parts for those reasons.

I remember we had a woman that bought a Hurricane Sandy Dodge Journey at a salvage auction, brought it in to get it looked at and an estimate of what parts were needed to restore it. I put a TON of work into it, got essentially every single part that was needed, with the obvious caveat that we would have to reassess again after those parts were fixed to see if anything else was bad (hard to test some things with a dead TIPM [totally integrated power module, feeds juice to almost everything]). She said it was too much money right now, asked for the quote and said she'd start saving. I print it out and give it to her. A few weeks later, back she comes, with a trunk full of ebay and amazon boxes where she went out and bought every part on the list, in various condition, and expected us to then hang them for her with our warranty on the work.

That was also the last time I ever gave a customer the official quote sheet for a needed repair, if you want the part numbers, you've gotta do your own homework. That was a stressful job... for many reasons
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#43]

True fact. I have not driven farther than 10 miles away from my apartment in a long time. And I do not drive on highways.

Driving phobia is a real thing. I'm trying to convince myself to buy a 1911 online, just so I have to force myself to drive to the gun store to do the paperwork.
View Quote

I'm the opposite, I've got riding phobia. I'll drive separately before I ride with 99% of the people I know
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#44]

I'm the opposite, I've got riding phobia. I'll drive separately before I ride with 99% of the people I know
View All Quotes

OK, I'll fly you to Des Moines when you come home, and you can drive us to Texas!

For real though, in the last month, I have forced myself to make driving trips. Most are up to the gas station I can see from my front yard.

I stretch it out to McDonald's once a week.

Next month, I'm making the closest Chick fil A my destination spot. That will make the McDonalds run look fucking easy. I can smoke a cigarette and get home hitting McD's. It's about a cigarette and a half alone just to get to Chick fil A, and if light and traffic don't play right, easy 2 smokes one way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#45]
My truck did sit in my driveway for well over a year, completely untouched, because I can walk anywhere I need to, and if it's too far to walk, I can get a ride.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

My mother has dealt with that phobia. Get to Texas and I can drive.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

Has she gotten better with it?

If so, what has she done to help work past it?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#48]

OK, I'll fly you to Des Moines when you come home, and you can drive us to Texas!

For real though, in the last month, I have forced myself to make driving trips. Most are up to the gas station I can see from my front yard.

I stretch it out to McDonald's once a week.

Next month, I'm making the closest Chick fil A my destination spot. That will make the McDonalds run look fucking easy. I can smoke a cigarette and get home hitting McD's. It's about a cigarette and a half alone just to get to Chick fil A, and if light and traffic don't play right, easy 2 smokes one way.
View Quote
Hmm, fly into ATL and I'll pick you up on the way! I'll be in the brodozer, so room for 3 adults besides myself and as much gear as you can possibly fit in the bed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#49]
My truck did sit in my driveway for well over a year, completely untouched, because I can walk anywhere I need to, and if it's too far to walk, I can get a ride.
View Quote
Dang, that paints a picture that I've never thought about. I always figured that even in a city, folks had to have cars to get around.

If I tried not driving for a week. I'd be dead on day 4. I'd run out of food on day 3, and would try walking to the grocery store. I'd make it about 10 miles, and probably get hit by a tractor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Is it phobia or anxiety? I could kind of see some cases where anxiety could cause it. Shoot, if I actually put a thought into the 42,000,000 ways you could die while driving a car on a 25 minute trip to the grocery store, i'd probably stop driving too.
Page / 733
Post 2 (Page 347 of 733)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top