BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't really even need to mention suppressors, you can emphasize the rest of it.
View Quote
good point, there are many other great points to the bill, let them know it shouldn't be canned just because of suppressors
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Hit!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Just because....

CALL YOUR REPS

Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121

SUPPORT
H.R. 3668 - The SHARE Act (Hearing Protection Act)

SUPPORT
H.R. 38 - The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

SHARE & PASS ON
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SHARE is dead.  That cuck son of a bitch Ryan just killed it.

http://cnn.it/2kjo707
View Quote
Paul Ryan sucks, and on behalf of the state of Wisconsin (although not my district) I apologize. That being said tabling it was the right move for anyone who wants it passed. It would have been DOA if they brought it to a vote right now. I for one actually saw this as a positive sign. If they wanted it to fail, they would have brought it to vote, it would have failed, and been over and done with. Tabling it signals that it still has a chance
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What am I missing on this? Everyone is saying fuck Paul Ryan, but if anything he just saved the SHARE and HPA in my opinion. I am very confident that if it went to vote right now, it would not pass, because every single rep that voted to pass it, would be blasted after the fact. I can see the media now headlines: "days after biggest massacre in america, republicans vote to loosen gun restrictions". After all that, it would get to the senate and they would be like "lol, no thanks, those dudes that voted yes to it in the house are being crucified right now"

Table this shit for 2-3 months, let the media move onto the next big event, and then vote. 2-3 months is a better wait then rushing it into failure and another 2-3 years for it to make it back up to congress.

Also in my personal opinion, which wont be commonly shared on here, add to the SHARE act a provision which does require background checks at gun shows, and makes it harder for mentally Ill people to get guns. Obama is gone, the 'BAN ALL GUNS, WE WILL TAKE THEM,' craze is gone. Now lets be logical. We would get many more dems on board if we you know... worked together.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What am I missing on this? Everyone is saying fuck Paul Ryan, but if anything he just saved the SHARE and HPA in my opinion. I am very confident that if it went to vote right now, it would not pass, because every single rep that voted to pass it, would be blasted after the fact. I can see the media now headlines: "days after biggest massacre in america, republicans vote to loosen gun restrictions". After all that, it would get to the senate and they would be like "lol, no thanks, those dudes that voted yes to it in the house are being crucified right now"

Table this shit for 2-3 months, let the media move onto the next big event, and then vote. 2-3 months is a better wait then rushing it into failure and another 2-3 years for it to make it back up to congress.

Also in my personal opinion, which wont be commonly shared on here, add to the SHARE act a provision which does require background checks at gun shows, and makes it harder for mentally Ill people to get guns. Obama is gone, the 'BAN ALL GUNS, WE WILL TAKE THEM,' craze is gone. Now lets be logical. We would get many more dems on board if we you know... worked together.
View Quote
BG checks already happen at gun shows. What you're talking about is making private party sales illegal, forcing everyone to go through an FFL. Fuck that.

Harder on the mentally ill? How does one define " mentally ill?" Needing someone to manage your finances? Taking anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds? Being an alcoholic or smoker?

Fuck all that doublespeak BS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

BG checks already happen at gun shows. What you're talking about is making private party sales illegal, forcing everyone to go through an FFL. Fuck that.

Harder on the mentally ill? How does one define " mentally ill?" Needing someone to manage your finances? Taking anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds? Being an alcoholic or smoker?

View Quote
I think that the underlying issue is the definition of "mentally ill" which is the metaphorical equivalent of saying "physically sick" as it is a broad brush term that anyone could be painted with.  What should be done is that anyone with a diagnosis of bi-polar, manic-depressive, schizo affect should be placed as a prohibited person in the NCIS database.  That eliminates the possibility of preventing gun ownership by throwing DSM diags at anyone who goes to the hospital while still keeping the true crazies from passing a background check

Edited for clarification and grammar.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think that the underlying issue is the definition of "mentally ill" which is the metaphorical equivalent of saying "physically sick" as it is a broad brush term that anyone could be painted with.  What should be done is that anyone with a diagnosis of bi-polar, manic-depressive, schizo affect should be placed as a prohibited person in the NCIS database.  That eliminates the possibility of preventing gun ownership by throwing DSM diags at anyone who goes to the hospital while still keeping the true crazies from passing a background check

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you've got doctor patient confidentiality to deal with, misdiagnoses,(Which happens a LOT in the mental health arena. Shrinks tend to be quacks, IME) and trying to connect medical histories with a federal database.

Nobody wants their medical records given to the gov't, and for good reason. Nothing good ever comes of that sort of shit.

ETA: Look at the VA. That's how good the gov't is at handling medical records. Good luck getting that rolled into the NICS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
You have top name Republicans say Bumpfire stocks need to be regulated/outlawed. You have an Oklahoma Republican saying he'd support banning them. 

SHARE/HPA is dead. 
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You have top name Republicans say Bumpfire stocks need to be regulated/outlawed. You have an Oklahoma Republican saying he'd support banning them. 

SHARE/HPA is dead. 
View Quote
If you want to give up fine, but do whats right for the 2nd amendment and still contact your reps to support those bills, please.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SHARE/HPA is dead. 
View Quote
You've been one of the ones saying it had no chance from the beginning so your opinion is worthless.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Obama is gone, the 'BAN ALL GUNS, WE WILL TAKE THEM,' craze is gone. Now lets be logical. We would get many more dems on board if we you know... worked together.
View Quote
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Paul Ryan sucks, and on behalf of the state of Wisconsin (although not my district) I apologize. That being said tabling it was the right move for anyone who wants it passed. It would have been DOA if they brought it to a vote right now. I for one actually saw this as a positive sign. If they wanted it to fail, they would have brought it to vote, it would have failed, and been over and done with. Tabling it signals that it still has a chance
View Quote
This is exactly true.  And I'll add, as utterly pointless as a law against bump-stocks is, IF it manages to be written precisely and narrowly enough to avoid the familiar pitfalls of ATF interpretive malfeasance, preferably by a gunsmith and firearms patent attorney, and only bans future sales of factory shit to minimize risk to tards and tinkerers, as ethically heinous as it would be to manufacturers and unfair to hobbyists, it may actually prevent an incredulous response of harsh judgement and suspicion of motives from the lay masses who can't fathom protecting a practically rather frivolous item which was actually used in the crime to some degree of relative effect on the outcome.  It's hard to say at this point if throwing a precisely tailored and limited ban on bump-stocks into the SHARE act as a sweetener, with pre-screened vote assurances of course, or even standalone just to say, "Hey, we did the one obvious, relevant thing, cause it's basically a toy," would be a net positive or negative to Republican political capital or harmfully link and sink the SHARE act.  I see this from a strategic viewpoint, and suspect, depending on how things e/de-volve over the next few weeks, this may be one of those times where PR demands a token sacrifice to the gods of the lowest common denominator.  

What a fucking mess.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You've been one of the ones saying it had no chance from the beginning so your opinion is worthless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SHARE/HPA is dead. 
That's because this is the GOP.... the same fucks that have a Super Majority in FL and kill pro gun bills. 
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's because this is the GOP.... the same fucks that have a Super Majority in FL and kill pro gun bills. 
View Quote
Ok we get it. Do you believe by constantly repeating this in here that you're accomplishing something?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Then you've got doctor patient confidentiality to deal with, misdiagnoses,(Which happens a LOT in the mental health arena. Shrinks tend to be quacks, IME) and trying to connect medical histories with a federal database.

Nobody wants their medical records given to the gov't, and for good reason. Nothing good ever comes of that sort of shit.

ETA: Look at the VA. That's how good the gov't is at handling medical records. Good luck getting that rolled into the NICS.
View Quote
You are absolutely right, what I was getting at is that the majority of people get up in arms over the fact that anyone who has gone through a rough patch and was on anti-depressants for any stretch of time could be considered mentally ill.  

I think that the mental healthcare system needs some serious reform before we associate mental diagnoses with gun control, however, I also think that we should bring back asylums.  I work in the hospital, and some of the mental patients that come through shouldn't be allowed to mingle with the general public, let alone own firearms.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SHARE/HPA is dead. 
It requires 60 votes to end debate on a bill in the Senate.
Please post the names of the Democrat Senators who have announced that they will to vote to bring this bill to the Senate floor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#18]
reps dont give a shit about your opinions. voting FOR this would do more damage to their reputation at this time and reelection ability, than angering the few thousand people calling them to do it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#19]
What I see happening is a bumpfire stock ban being added to the SHARE act.

When it gets voted down Ryan can say he tried and call it a day for his lazy ass.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
A wild turd appears.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When it gets voted down Ryan can say he tried and call it a day for his lazy ass.
View Quote
Paul Ryan is calling for the ban of bump fire stocks.

Fuck Paul Ryan.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Well... we might as well un-tack this thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You are absolutely right, what I was getting at is that the majority of people get up in arms over the fact that anyone who has gone through a rough patch and was on anti-depressants for any stretch of time could be considered mentally ill.  

I think that the mental healthcare system needs some serious reform before we associate mental diagnoses with gun control, however, I also think that we should bring back asylums.  I work in the hospital, and some of the mental patients that come through shouldn't be allowed to mingle with the general public, let alone own firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true, our healthcare system has numerous flaws, and mental health is one of the big ones. Motherfuckers can't even agree on an actual definition for "mentally ill."

Everything to do with healthcare needs to be reformed, if not entirely gutted and rebuilt from the ground up.

Asylums aren't one of the first things that come to mind as a solution to the unstable, particularly due to the history of asylums in our country, but they most definitely have their uses. The trouble is ensuring proper oversight, so that those incarcerated within are not abused, experimented on, or unjustly imprisoned. And I do NOT trust any government, nor any private corporation, to do so with acceptable costs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:15:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ok we get it. Do you believe by constantly repeating this in here that you're accomplishing something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The GOP and the NRA are backing the regulation and possible outlawing of a piece of plastic furniture. Do you honestly believe that they will spend political capital to deregulate suppressor right now? If you do I have a bridge in NY and land in the FL Everglades to sell to you. I'll do it for 50% off.... special deal just for you.

You have numerous Republicans right now that will not touch gun rights. To them it is a carrot on a stick for votes. Well, the carrot is rotten and the stick is dry rotted. They're going back to their old ways of expanding government control and fucking you and I over. 
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone had the idea of adding a bumpstock ban to the SHARE Act.

I see the ban going through regardless, I'm wondering if we can at least get a reach around out of getting fucked.

Thoughts?

And yeah, normally I believe in no compromises when it comes to the 2A. However, this would not be the liberals' definition of "compromise," where they get something they want and we get fucked over.

Alternatively, if it fails, then the status quo remains.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hope you are right
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope you are right
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are right
LOL....

Ryan will track the Bumpfire ban bill and never merge it with SHARE. One will die and another will be voted on. Take a guess on which one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
LOL....

Ryan will track the Bumpfire ban bill and never merge it with SHARE. One will die and another will be voted on. Take a guess on which one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are right
LOL....

This could be Trump's time to shine.

A guy can dream can't he?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Fuck I have nothing to add other than it felt like we were so close on this one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The GOP and the NRA are backing the regulation and possible outlawing of a piece of plastic furniture. Do you honestly believe that they will spend political capital to deregulate suppressor right now? If you do I have a bridge in NY and land in the FL Everglades to sell to you. I'll do it for 50% off.... special deal just for you.

You have numerous Republicans right now that will not touch gun rights. To them it is a carrot on a stick for votes. Well, the carrot is rotten and the stick is dry rotted. They're going back to their old ways of expanding government control and fucking you and I over. 
View Quote
So, again, we get it. We ALL have heard your point. You're probably even right.

Now what? Do you just intend on repeating it forever? You're in a thread of people working together to bug their congressmen in a hail Mary attempt. Your purpose is what, exactly, here?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Now what? Do you just intend on repeating it forever? You're in a thread of people working together to bug their congressmen in a hail Mary attempt. Your purpose is what, exactly, here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That the system is broken. Trying to work with turncoat is a waste of time. You want shit?

Calling a Congressman ain't gonna do it. Go to their offices in numbers and demand. March, rally, protest, tell, scream, etc....

Stop sending money to the NRA. Support groups like the SAF. 

Take a page from the Left. The Gay Community did not win by phone calls alone. For being a tiny minority they yelled loud as fuck.

We need to start doing the same. That means even bending and breaking the law if we have too. March in DC with ARs. Start building cans without stamps, etc....

Stop asking and START DEMANDING. We need numbers to show force. Playing their game means we lose. We need to be large and loud. 

Why follow the law if they don't? The Political Elites don't and neither does the Criminal Class. Only ones that do are the Middle Class and they get fucked over and crushed every day of the week. 

I tried to play the nice game in FL and everywhere I went.... the Elites on all sides didn't care. Well.... fuck 'em. Rest of the world figured it out that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT. When will Americans do so again? We didn't fight off the Crown with pretty words alone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That the system is broken. Trying to work with turncoat is a waste of time. You want shit?

Calling a Congressman ain't gonna do it. Go to their offices in numbers and demand. March, rally, protest, tell, scream, etc....

Take a page from the Left. The Gay Community did not win by phone calls alone. For being a tiny minority they yelled loud as fuck.

We need to start doing the same. That means even bending and breaking the law if we have too. March in DC with ARs. Start building cans without stamps, etc....

Why follow the law if they don't? The Political Elites don't and neither does the Criminal Class. Only ones that do are the Middle Class and they get fucked over and crushed every day of the week. 

I tried to play the nice game in FL and everywhere I went.... the Elites on all sides didn't care. Well.... fuck 'em. Rest of the world figured it out that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT. When will Americans do so again? We didn't fight off the Crown with pretty words alone.
View Quote
I don't disagree with anything you've said here. However the fact of the matter is the Share Act has made it way further than expected, with way more support than I ever could have anticipated. I don't know why or how, but at this exact current moment, it's the best shot at regulating suppressors. If it doesn't work, then on to new strategies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Stop asking and START DEMANDING. We need numbers to show force. Playing their game means we lose. We need to be large and loud. 

View Quote
That's the gospel truth, and likely our only chance to shake off the chains.

I do for some reason still have hope for the SHARE act.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bolded on some of the major points made

You don't ask for something back that was unlawfully taken from you.  That's a recipe for disaster and sets a irreversible, dangerous precedent.

You say "fuck you", and you take it back.

I'm just one freedom loving man and there's only so much I can do, but I'm taking back what I can, and you should too.

(not directed at you MiamiJBT, just my fellow liberty loving brothers and sisters)
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most of their victories came courtesy of the Federal judicial gods.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because for close to three decades they raised holy hell on the PR front. They flaunted laws, marched, rallied, called elected officials, etc....

They changed the public mindset that being gay was wrong to being right. It was not a simple one day affair. 
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because for close to three decades they raised holy hell on the PR front. They flaunted laws, marched, rallied, called elected officials, etc....

They changed the public mindset that being gay was wrong to being right. It was not a simple one day affair. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea how the federal judicial gods operate.

All that noise made no difference in the outcome. It merely served as camouflage for the forces which actually brought about the changes.

Feel free to march, protest, rally and call legislators until the cows come home ... or until you figure out how things really work.
Here's a piece of free legal advice: Don't flaunt the firearms laws as part of your campaign.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think there's a good chance you're wrong. We shall see.
View Quote
Hahaha...oh your serious?

Hahahahahhahhahaha.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Sent the following to Comstock and a slightly edited version to Ryan. Maybe it's a decent template? IDK.

"Your office assured me the SHARE Act would be up for a vote and pass with bipartisan support several weeks ago. 2 weeks was listed as the time frame. When will that happen? I still expect Paul Ryan and the rest of the Republican controlled congress to keep your word on this. What are you doing to help move this legislation forward? When can we expect to see it up for a vote? Thanks in advance for your response."
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Didn't Ryan basically say he was not going to support bringing this to vote and that he was ignorant about the suppressor parts, or something like that?  I could've sworn I read something like that today. 

I was pretty excited to see this bill pass, especially the sporting purposes part, but now we seem to be faced with getting more gun controul, instead.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
No one smart listens to the media anymore.

No one swings back and forth on issues like that anymore.

The Speaker's job is to ensure the vote from every member of his party, that's it.  They could have passed it with zero D support.  Fuck him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What part of "We shall see" is incomprehensible to you ?
View Quote
most of it.

And why am I defend you on your own industry forum.

help me out here cowboy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Come on guys, keep calling!!!  I called Curbelos office and they answered on the first ring and sounded cool as a cucumber.  Let's turn it up!!!!!!

ETA - I call Curbelos office on HR3999, the semi/bumpstock ban bill asshole
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Come on guys, keep calling!!!  I called Curbelos office and they answered on the first ring and sounded cool as a cucumber.  Let's turn it up!!!!!!

ETA - I call Curbelos office on HR3999, the semi/bumpstock ban bill asshole
View Quote
What was their response?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#47]
ASA Statement on Las Vegas

Before releasing a statement, we felt it was critically important to wait for law enforcement investigators to determine the facts surrounding what exactly transpired last week in Las Vegas. First and foremost, we extend our thoughts and prayers to the victims of this horrific event. We would also like to extend our sincerest appreciation to all of the first responders, both professional and volunteer, that worked so diligently to save lives that fateful night. Our world is a better place because of men and women like you.

As we struggle to make sense of the senseless, it is abundantly clear that a simple solution to protect our society from irrational acts of evil does not exist. Whatever your political affiliation may be, we all want to find the right solution to prevent future attacks. However, as we debate the proper solutions, one thing is certain: exploiting a tragedy to promote blatant falsehoods and lies about an irrelevant topic is not only unbecoming, it is repulsive.

Within hours of the shooting, numerous high profile politicians and pundits began making unsubstantiated claims that the events would have been worse had a suppressor been used. Shame on them! They politicized an act of pure evil because they believed that their dishonesty would go unchecked, and that they could shape future discussions on the Hearing Protection Act with disparaging conjecture rather than fact. As a nation, while we search for answers to such an appalling event, we must not cloud the issue further with wild and erroneous speculation. Thankfully, this time, their deceit based on willful ignorance did not stand.

We would like to offer our sincerest thank you to the journalists who did their job and reported the facts about suppressors. Here are some examples:

Washington Post: Why the debate over gun suppressors isn’t really relevant to what happened in Las Vegas

Fox News Insider: ‘Maybe She Should Know What She’s Talking About’: Tucker Battles Dem Over Clinton’s Las Vegas Reaction

Politifact: No, gun silencers wouldn’t have worsened the Las Vegas shooting

Washington Post Fact Checker: Two Pinocchio’s to Senator Tim Kaine

The Daily Signal: Here’s What a Gun Fired With a ‘Silencer’ Really Sounds Like

Time: Gun Control Advocates Are Speaking Up About a Bill Making it Easier to Buy a Silencer

To those who continue to report fraudulent misrepresentations about suppressors, we ask simply that you do your job and report the facts. If you need assistance finding those facts, feel free to contact us at any time. We would be more than happy to show you what suppressors are and are not capable of in reality.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Its about time we get this moving again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Did we win yet?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes, time to start applying the pressure again. Get the phone calls and emails going.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top