User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Question for more in the know on this.

If a rep was already a part of the one committee that this passed through would they really need to co-sponsor this? 
View Quote
The HPA has 200+ cosponsors and it's gone nowhere.  That they vote for it is what counts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The President can't rescind laws by fiat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If all else fails, is it as simple as a stroke of a pen on an Executive Order?
The President can't rescind laws by fiat.
Only Democrat presidents can do that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Title changed to reflect upcoming full House vote.
View Quote
I thought Paul Ryan was blocking this bill from a vote? Has he agreed to take a vote on this?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I thought Paul Ryan was blocking this bill from a vote? Has he agreed to take a vote on this?
View Quote
He's blocking HR 38.  I don't think he's said anything about SHARE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
H.R.38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
He won't if you don't contact him!
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
H.R.38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017
Ryan's a piece of shit. He blocked that to protect the rino's from having to put their balls on the line and vote on a sensitive 2A bill. Piss off the libs, or show their voters that they don't bother following through when they say they're Pro-2A.

Fuck Ryan with a rusty metal cactus. Asshole.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ryan's a piece of shit. He blocked that to protect the rino's from having to put their balls on the line and vote on a sensitive 2A bill. Piss off the libs, or show their voters that they don't bother following through when they say they're Pro-2A.

View Quote
Not to be negative nancy, but if he did that, then why is he going to do anything different for HPA?  (yes I know contact him and run the script of why HPA saves our ears, horses, dogs and the prey's ears before they are made into delicious bacon).   But really, if he is cock blocking one 2A bill, why is he going to not block another that arguably has way more potential bad press?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not to be negative nancy, but if he did that, then why is he going to do anything different for HPA?  (yes I know contact him and run the script of why HPA saves our ears, horses, dogs and the prey's ears before they are made into delicious bacon).   But really, if he is cock blocking one 2A bill, why is he going to not block another that arguably has way more potential bad press?  
View Quote
You want the basic no BS answer? Trump had publicly stated that he wanted national CCW reciprocity.

Ryan doesn't want to give Trump ANYTHING he could put in the "win" column.

But Trump hasn't said anything about SHARE or HPA so I am going to stay hopefull.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Rep. Steve Scalise is back today, they could have been waiting for his return before trying to push anything through.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He may still block it.

Share doesn't have "hey, we're legalizing suppressors" right in the name. It also covers a wider range of issues that apply not only to us, but to Fudds as well.

Cans aren't as much of a hot button issue as CCW reciprocity, which kinda gets into the whole "muh states rights!" territory, another can of worms. Plus, y'know, they can't have the peasants arming themselves. That'd be bad for the nobility politicians.

There are virtually no crimes committed with suppressors. So they don't have a leg to stand on, in that regard.

Nobody knows what 922(r) is, and nobody gets "sporting purposes" bullshit but us. Libs aren't concerned with it
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a date scheduled for a vote?  I can't seem to find Union Calendar No. 224 for the current congress...
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Easiest way to write all three of your reps at once:  https://democracy.io/#!/
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#14]
So lets say this passes the house vote; what are the odds it gets through the senate with only 52 republicans right now?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So lets say this passes the house vote; what are the odds it gets through the senate with only 52 republicans right now?
View Quote
If we fight, and if we really work at it, we might have a 5-10% chance of getting it through.

If we sit here and bitch about Congress, we have a 0% chance of anything good happening.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't forget, there are a lot of D senators up for reelection in 2018 who have suddenly find themselves in Trump Country. If they want to keep their jobs, they'll play ball.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Wrote my reps, again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't forget, there are a lot of D senators up for reelection in 2018 who have suddenly find themselves in Trump Country. If they want to keep their jobs, they'll play ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand your logic, but it’s debatable. These Ds got enough votes to get in and stay in so far, and it’s not like passing SHARE is going to win them a bunch of votes. I mean... I’d be happy if Claire McCaskill voted for SHARE, but I damn sure am not giving her a vote either way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I contacted my reps. And a little bump for the thread.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Does nobody actually know WHEN the vote is?  That would seem like important information?  It's already been scheduled, we know that, but for when?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 2:28:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does nobody actually know WHEN the vote is?  That would seem like important information?  It's already been scheduled, we know that, but for when?
View Quote
It has been added to the calendar. That does not mean it has been scheduled. They take it up when they get to it or when someone forces the issue.

This particular bill isn't on the regular house legislative calendar, it has been added to the "Union calendar" otherwise known as The Committee of the Whole calendar. I assume it was added to this calendar because it has a tax implication, but not entirely sure on that. 
Basically this committee is made up of the entire house, but only 100 need be present for a quorum and it has some different rules. It still needs its second and third readings, this committee doesn't subvert that it just slightly changes the process.

Here are all of the different calendars for yesterday. https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28/pdf/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28.pdf

As you can see there are no dates really scheduled (the dates printed under the bill number are the day it was added to that calendar), it is more of a list of things that they can schedule or take up. Which is why everyone is saying to pester Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy, because the speaker and majority leader set the agenda here.

Here are the items just on the union calendar from yesterday. https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28/pdf/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28-pt2.pdf
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's the Senate Democrats job to block measures like this.

Count on them (along with their allies who claim to be Republicans) to keep us the government regulations safe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesn't work like that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It has been added to the calendar. That does not mean it has been scheduled. They take it up when they get to it or when someone forces the issue.

This particular bill isn't on the regular house legislative calendar, it has been added to the "Union calendar" otherwise known as The Committee of the Whole calendar. I assume it was added to this calendar because it has a tax implication, but not entirely sure on that. 
Basically this committee is made up of the entire house, but only 100 need be present for a quorum and it has some different rules. It still needs its second and third readings, this committee doesn't subvert that it just slightly changes the process.

Here are all of the different calendars for yesterday. https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28/pdf/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28.pdf

As you can see there are no dates really scheduled (the dates printed under the bill number are the day it was added to that calendar), it is more of a list of things that they can schedule or take up. Which is why everyone is saying to pester Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy, because the speaker and majority leader set the agenda here.

Here are the items just on the union calendar from yesterday. https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28/pdf/CCAL-115hcal-2017-09-28-pt2.pdf
View Quote
Thank you, this is the information I was looking for.

It's worth noting that the Committee of the Whole House did remove this bill from 5 committees, so that would seem to me like a Speaker's influence type deal.  Unless someone else is Chairman of the Committee of the Whole House.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I understand your logic, but it’s debatable. These Ds got enough votes to get in and stay in so far, and it’s not like passing SHARE is going to win them a bunch of votes. I mean... I’d be happy if Claire McCaskill voted for SHARE, but I damn sure am not giving her a vote either way.
View Quote
You have more chance of becoming president as a write in candidate than mccaskill voting for any pro 2A legislation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Response from my politican. I talked to him on the phone as well and he is all in.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I just wrote my Representative again as well as Ryan.

ETA: Got a response. Comstock says the SHARE Act will probably be up for a vote in the next 2 weeks and is expected to pass with bipartisan support.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA: Got a response. Comstock says the SHARE Act will probably be up for a vote in the next 2 weeks and is expected to pass with bipartisan support.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is not the first time I have heard this from a rep.....

Maybe Dems are getting smarter and picking battles they have a chance of winning with actual facts and not just fear?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm getting scared, I feel like something good might happen at the governmental level... I can't describe the feeling... I've never felt it before...
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#31]
i'm contacting all my reps.

who knows
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Sent Ryan a message.  Also got a reply back from my local rep.  While he is an R and has show in the past he tends to favor 2A rights. His reply was pretty generic.

Senators Duckworth(less) and Durbin are going to be a lost casue.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
While that sounds good, I caution everyone against becoming complacent. Keep up the pressure. Double up on it until it is signed into law by Trump. 

Then we go after SBRs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Emailed my rep.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#35]
If I can't afford a full life membership for the American Suppressor Association, will the $35 help any?

I'm a life member of the ASA because I won a contest, but I can't buy that for my shooting friends...
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I keep sending, but I know I'm ending up with my plea on deaf ears....McClame and Total Flake need to go away....
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Contacted my reps, and do my weekly we are going to primary out Ryan because he is a pussy and cannot get things done.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Contacted my reps, and do my weekly we are going to primary out Ryan because he is a pussy and cannot get things done.
View Quote
That's a feature, not a glitch.  Why do you think he got the job in the first place?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sent Ryan a message.  Also got a reply back from my local rep.  While he is an R and has show in the past he tends to favor 2A rights. His reply was pretty generic.

Senators Duckworth(less) and Durbin are going to be a lost casue.
View Quote
Write them anyway. It costs you nothing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/698/068/a4e.jpg
Yea I am very hopeful

I visited my AEM5 the other day and my dealer said he hopes it passes.

He has quite a few suppressors and I think I will go ahead and purchase a SF SPS 300 to ad to my list.

Not going the trust route for my next one as they take too long.

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#41]
If any of you guys are not using PopVox to get comms with reps, you should be.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm assuming it's on that calendar so that the Delegates from DC and the Territories get a vote that counts.  Pretty sure those are all Dem votes.  Good job Paul Rino.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Here is the link to bill hr3668 on popvox. Simple to vote and write your local legislators once you make an account. https://www.popvox.com/us/federal/bills/115/hr3668

Lots of derp coming from the 8 opposed that voted. The Most recent is nearly quotable from the bs every town is lying about
For the first time in 80 years, felons, domestic abusers and dangerously mentally ill would have easy access to silencers. I STRONGLY OPPOSE H.R. 3668 SHARE Act Sportsmen's Heritage And Recreational Enhancement Act.
Either they copy and pasted every town, haven't read the bill, are purposely lying or a combination of that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
It won't let me make an account, when I try it keeps popping up "session timed out due to inactivity".
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#45]
From a 9% chance last week to 41% today
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr3668

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#46]
This is good news. I know of 2 UK companies and 1 Belgian that are sitting on import paperwork to start sending their products. Once 922(r) is gone, importing will be possible and prices fall.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Write them anyway. It costs you nothing.
View Quote
Oh I will. Just have to focus more on the environment, wildlife and fishing parts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guys, don't underestimate how huge it is for Representative Comstock to say that.

They typically don't even allow a vote on a bill unless they know the outcome ahead of time.  Nothing happens by chance in Congress.

Of course, passing the house is the relatively easy part.  It's the senate we have to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Maybe Dems are getting smarter and picking battles they have a chance of winning with actual facts and not just fear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been saying it since January... the Democrats aren't going to use up their political capital by going after suppressors.  They have bigger concerns and they'll need to call in a lot of favors over the next 3.5-7.5 years.

There are plenty of Dems in big hunting states that will vote for this bill so they can show their constituents how "pro-gun/pro-hunting" they are.

It's also a HUGE help that Trump hasn't thrown his support behind the SHARE act or even mentioned it.  It has a much better chance of passing if it's not one of POTUS' pet projects.  As soon as Trump says he wants the SHARE act to pass, you can rest assured it'll lose at least 3 Republican votes in the Senate just out of spite.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
From a 9% chance last week to 41% today
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr3668

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/156580/20171001_123859-322211.JPG
View Quote
Interesting. I wonder what metrics and methodology are used to come up with that number.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top