Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll buy that for a dollar.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#2]
No trigger guard, no safety, not enough rail space. Would not Fo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No trigger guard, no safety, not enough rail space. Would not Fo.
View Quote
The trigger guard isn't on there right now because I'm working on the trigger/trigger bar.

And what do you need more rail for on a gun that fits in a cargo pocket with a stock, loaded with a 30rd mag, sights and a light.

ETA: I'm working on a better carry handle / sight / light setup as well.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm okay with this.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
In before magpul sues you for copying a product they developed but refuse to sell to you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome. Where did you get the airsoft fpg or did you have it from a while back?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't the pedo rapist on TV have an episode where they made a fold up gun that could fit in a cargo pocket? Theirs looked much shittier
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I need to work more on mine
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Didn't the pedo rapist on TV have an episode where they made a fold up gun that could fit in a cargo pocket? Theirs looked much shittier
View Quote
They did.  Ares also built a few, one was used in Robocop.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Awesome. Where did you get the airsoft fpg or did you have it from a while back?
View Quote
Got one of the last ones from Canada, they didn't get the orange tips.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:16:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In before magpul sues you for copying a product they developed but refuse to sell to you.
View Quote
I actually had a conversation or two with Magpul guys on here about my PDR project (still on the shelf for now) and they didn't seem to mind
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I actually had a conversation or two with Magpul guys on here about my PDR project (still on the shelf for now) and they didn't seem to mind
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude, you have to get that PDR finished! That thing is awesome
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I remember when you started this

I cant wait to see it finished

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Great work RDTCU.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#19]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#20]
When are you gonna quit your day job and go full time on manufacturing awesome guns so you can take what little money I have left?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#21]
id love to have one of these . be super awesome as you could have it / be seen with it and pretty much no one would think its a gun, hell drive around with it on the dash of your car. .  id think it would also make a super nice gun for a get home back / bug out bag.  much better than a standard handgun, gives you more range, etc.. I really with magpul would sell these things. or at least a kit you could drop your own gun parts into.  id can see why they don't sell them though. they would be sued in a new York second by the left, and antigun politicians would lose their minds over them.

if someone would sell a " shell" and I could drop g-17 parts into it etc.. id buy it the second they went on sale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:58:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So if it's a pistol, I thought you weren't allowed to shoulder it?
View Quote
It's a registered SBR. Got the stamp a while back, just haven't had much time to work on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The trigger guard isn't on there right now because I'm working on the trigger/trigger bar.

And what do you need more rail for on a gun that fits in a cargo pocket with a stock, loaded with a 30rd mag, sights and a light.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x79/DIGITALWastelands/airsoft/Magpul%20FPG/image015.jpg

ETA: I'm working on a better carry handle / sight / light setup as well.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/FPG/IMG_20170417_210427291.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/FPG/IMG_20170417_202338188.jpg
View Quote
That's really really really creepy you picked the See all as the sight, because I've always fantasized about the FMG and thought the See all would be perfect for it, to the point of drafting out some PDW concepts built around the SeeAll.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When are you gonna quit your day job and go full time on manufacturing awesome guns so you can take what little money I have left?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's really really really creepy you picked the See all as the sight, because I've always fantasized about the FMG and thought the See all would be perfect for it, to the point of drafting out some PDW concepts built around the SeeAll.
View Quote
I've had this one for a while, have you played with them?  They are handy, especially on something with an otherwise short sight radius, but they're not as fast as an actual reflex sight.
I went with it because it's tough and doesn't need batteries, but will be quicker and more accurate than equivalent iron sights with such a short sight radius.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've had this one for a while, have you played with them?  They are handy, especially on something with an otherwise short sight radius, but they're not as fast as an actual reflex sight.
I went with it because it's tough and doesn't need batteries, but will be quicker and more accurate than equivalent iron sights with such a short sight radius.
View Quote
I have. I pressured them to come up with a tritium model and was happy to see they finally did. I ended up going with a Meprolight FT Bullseye (similar concept) because I wanted something for Appendix CCW, but see all tickles my PDW fancy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have. I pressured them to come up with a tritium model and was happy to see they finally did. I ended up going with a Meprolight FT Bullseye (similar concept) because I wanted something for Appendix CCW, but see all tickles my PDW fancy.
View Quote
The Meprolilght FT was another consideration, but I already had the SeeAll.  Unlike the bullseye, it's adjustable, and I have a feeling it is more consistent.
I also crossdrilled the clear block on the SeeAll and glued in a Tritium vial before they came out with the SeeAllNite....
I would do it a little differently if I pick up another one, but this one will do the job for now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#29]
OP

In your build thread you have a pistol AR15 in a couple of pictures for scale; do you have a build thread on that AR? If not can you share the details?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#30]
kick ass project.

need to turn into a 80% kit
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:OP
In your build thread you have a pistol AR15 in a couple of pictures for scale; do you have a build thread on that AR? If not can you share the details?
View Quote
.45 DI SBR

Build Thread 1

Build Thread 2
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Yay!  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

.45 DI SBR

Build Thread 1

Build Thread 2
View Quote
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I remember when you started this

I cant wait to see it finished

View Quote
This!

I heart building guns!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know of a small (3/4" or smaller, 3.5" or shorter) single cell CR123 light with decent output and a single mode tail push-button?
Prefer a clicky with momentary on half press.
I've got an EagTac D25 clicky which nearly fits the bill, but no momentary, and two cycles within a few seconds gives me strobe.
I originally planned to use an APL I have lying around, but decided to go with the cleaner integrated carry handle.

Closest thing I've found is a Streamlight Protac 1L.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#37]
What about the surefire clone that you can build from Arisaka?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What about the surefire clone that you can build from Arisaka?
View Quote
Are you referring to the scout lights?  I'm looking for something small and straight bodied with a tail clicky that I can bury up in my new charging handle without looking like a stack of lego bricks.
I'll make up a cross bolt or paddle setup for activating the tail switch, and a spring latch of some sort to remove the light to change the battery.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd be tempted to butcher a Streamlight TLR-6 and stuff the guts in there.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd be tempted to butcher a Streamlight TLR-6 and stuff the guts in there.  
View Quote
Also had that exact thought, i gave the one on my Shield a hard look...

Also considered doing the same thing with a Viridian C5 / C5L, since the guts could be screwed right into the front face.

Then there's always the spare APL that I've got.  I could use the head and switch body from it and it would be about perfect, but I'd have to come up with a tube.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:  I'm looking for something small and straight bodied with a tail clicky that I can bury up in my new charging handle without looking like a stack of lego bricks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey I can like what I like, and you can like what you like
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:  Hey I can like what I like, and you can like what you like
View Quote
Dunno how wide that is, but there's some curved pieces that might fit...  

You have mad skillz and awesome projects.  We're all lusting after this one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone know of a small (3/4" or smaller, 3.5" or shorter) single cell CR123 light with decent output and a single mode tail push-button?
Prefer a clicky with momentary on half press.
I've got an EagTac D25 clicky which nearly fits the bill, but no momentary, and two cycles within a few seconds gives me strobe.
I originally planned to use an APL I have lying around, but decided to go with the cleaner integrated carry handle.

Closest thing I've found is a Streamlight Protac 1L.
View Quote
Take a look at Malkoff devices. Not cheap but made in America with a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Cool
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Magpul should hook up with the OP & give him the ok to run with it under their name. I've seen some of his projects in person & watched him shoot them to great effect at a match I use to run. He knows his shit.

It has a very HS Model 10 look to it to me. I think a compact light/laser would be sweet for a aiming system.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Ordered a couple random small diameter lights to try out, I don't know that I can stuff the APL guts in there and still have enough material to support the SeeAll sight.
I took my TLR6 apart, and it's also a no-go, too tall.

There is some room in front of the slide, under the extended barrel, where I could probably stuff a low-profile laser module, but it would have to come out to remove the slide.
I could probably get it to switch on when the gun is unfolded using the forward grib nub.

There's also always a Lasermax guide rod laser, but they're so stinkin' expensive and I would still have to make a new slide stop (switch), as the frame slot is much too wide for a standard Glock part.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why do you say that? Are they rare these days? I have one sitting on my desk for a few years collecting dust because i thought it would be a fun toy. Are they worth something now?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#49]
It's alive!  Finished up the last couple parts tonight and test fired it single loading without the top cover on.  115gr wants to barely tip off the extractor and not lock back, tried some 147s and got it to lock back reliably, so i ran a few through it.  I'd rather get it to run in cheap 115, any suggestions? Lighter spring? Lighter slide?  I'm running a strike industries new style buffer since the slide would be steel on steel otherwise, but i don't think that's contributing much to the issue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#50]
The added weight of the long barrel probably isn't doing you any favors.  A lighter spring is the easy way to start.  Yours should be 16lbs.  Maybe try one in the 12lb area.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top