Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/4/2017 10:56:21 PM EDT
Was it worth it? They showed up from an online notification from one of the largest retailers and lasted for about 20 seconds, it was a package with that new Zelda game.

Here is what I get in the bundle per the email reply!!!

Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my coworkers bought it. He has 80+ hours logged on the Zelda game. He says it's the best game he's ever played, he plays a bunch of different games on PC and xbox.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine since the 9th. Played literally nothing but zelda since then. Probably 50-60 hours. I still haven't beaten the main quest. Still discovering new places and things to do. Awesome game.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had mine since the 9th. Played literally nothing but zelda since then. Probably 50-60 hours. I still haven't beaten the main quest. Still discovering new places and things to do. Awesome game.
View Quote
I have ready statistically that the new Zelda game is rated already in the top 4 most highly rated games of all time.

This pleases me.....

oh yes it does
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing else to play on it because Zelda is pretty much the only game. 

That said, picked one up at Wally World last night, cause they had it in stock. Surprise Easter present for the kiddo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
that's like bragging about getting a Hi-Point
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad there is only 1 game out for it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
that's like bragging about getting a Hi-Point
View Quote
Speaking of upgrading from guns like Hi-Points.......Wow, nice glock Avatar bro, maybe someday you will work hard, do all the right things and finally be able to upgrade from that glock into a nice Heckler & Koch

Kids now a days
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I can drive to the store and pick them up, here in Japan.  Are they hard to find or something?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can drive to the store and pick them up, here in Japan.  Are they hard to find or something?
View Quote
I was in Tokyo the day after they came out in Akihabara, they wanted an extra hundred bucks and the switch doesn't work in US outlets. I was also on a flight to Japan during the midnight U.S. release or I would already have one, glad I snagged one
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Speaking of upgrading from guns like Hi-Points.......Wow, nice glock Avatar bro, maybe someday you will work hard, do all the right things, and finally be able to upgrade from that glock into a nice Heckler & Koch

Kids now a days
View Quote
I hope your switch turns out to be defective. Eat that

Also HK sucks; Daddy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I hope your switch turns out to be defective. Eat that

Also HK sucks; Daddy.
View Quote
I jest
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nothing else to play on it because Zelda is pretty much the only game. 

That said, picked one up at Wally World last night, cause they had it in stock. Surprise Easter present for the kiddo.
View Quote
True.

Once virtual console hits that thing though it will be insane.

And if skyrim does come out for it I will buy it as I've never played it before.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Uhhh...bro... That's a Wii U.
Hope you didn't pay more than a $100 for it. 
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Zelda is the only worthwhile game but it's incredibly fun and good.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]
The real question is why?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Was it worth it? They showed up from an online notification from one of the largest retailers and lasted for about 20 seconds, it was a package with that new Zelda game.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/stripeknight/WiiUDeluxe_zpsefnjurku.jpg
View Quote

Uhhh...thats a wii u not a switch...
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is not a Switch
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Uhhh...thats a wii u not a switch...
View Quote
That ain't no switch, it's a 5 year old console.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That is not a Switch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not a Switch
Oh its a switch alright...
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#23]
OP
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is not a Switch
View Quote
woops! wrong email

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I guess I don't understand why everyone is going apeshit over these.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I haven't had this much fun playing a game in probably 10 years.

And I own and play

NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
N64
GameCube
Xbox 360
PlayStation 2
Xbox One
Several game boys and Nintendo DS systems
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah I never understood the Wii hype either. Kid has one, bores me to tears.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#28]
You done good!

One of my favorite consoles that I've ever bought, hopefully they will get more games on the platform though.

I bought a nephew one with Zelda on launch day, and enjoyed it so much I wound up buying an additional Switch and copy of the game(which took way too much effort to hunt down), along with tons of accessories. Between 3 extra docks, pro controllers, etc, I've probably spent way too much money on them. Wait until the Amiibo bug bites and you're hunting all your local stores trying to find rare amiibos so you can unlock cool shit in the game.

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#29]
LOL. Console peasants.

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LOL. Console peasants.
View Quote
Says the guy who can't take his games to the shitter, airplane, waiting room, or any other manner of on the go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Says the guy who can't take his games to the shitter, airplane, waiting room, or any other manner of on the go.
https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo_Switch_toilet_commercial.jpg
View Quote
The shitter is the time for Arfcom!
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I want to get one just for Zelda, but in all honesty I will never have enough time to play.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I want to get one just for Zelda, but in all honesty I will never have enough time to play.
View Quote
It being portable, it's a lot easier to fit into a schedule.

The game is also easily played in short bursts/small bits.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh its a switch alright...
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck, too much moms basementing going on here... I'm out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuck, too much moms basementing going on here... I'm out.
View Quote
You do realize a large component of it is playing it out of the moms basement?

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I won't pay the scalpers prices and fuck Nintendos engineered artificial scarcity.

I'll glad wait till there are more games and they are readily available used and cheap.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo_Switch_toilet_commercial.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL. Console peasants.
I can't bear the thought of suck low resolution peasant graphics.

I wouldn't own any consoles if it weren't for console specific titles.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I won't pay the scalpers prices and fuck Nintendos engineered artificial scarcity.

I'll glad wait till there are more games and they are readily available used and cheap.
View Quote
These tools are your friend.

iStocknow
BrickSeek
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can't bear the thought of suck low resolution peasant graphics.

I wouldn't own any consoles if it weren't for console specific titles.
View Quote
Gameplay=Experience>Graphics

You eventually hit a point of diminishing returns when it comes to Graphics, and LoZ BotW is proof of that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

These tools are your friend.

iStocknow
BrickSeek
View Quote
That's pretty neat thank you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Yes, its worth it. Bought the Switch and have been playing Zelda like an idiot these last few weeks. YEs, one of the best games ever, and I'm a GTAV, Fallout, Battlefield, Wticher kinda guy.
Its just fun to play, and the switch itself is so handy. Playing in the living room, in the dentists office, any minute you have or if youre looking to be waiting a whiel somewhere its just not great to take along, but then keep playing the same thing in the big tv in less than a second back home.
Again, Zelda is a 10/10 game and it brings back great memories.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Breath of the Wild is the most perfect game I've ever played.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's pretty neat thank you.
View Quote
Just use some level of caution before driving out to BFE. The numbers are pretty accurate but can be slightly old. I had three close calls at walmarts trying to track one down, missing it by 30 minutes each time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I bought on the morning of launch.

I wasn't sure, in the weeks leading up to it if I'd bothered, given Nintendo's prior track record for Wii and Wii U for delivering on promises.  (Mind you, prior to those two, I've bought every SINGLE Nintendo console at launch)  I never even considered preordering.  That's how unsure I was.

On a lark, I had a chat with someone one day before launch and found out someplace that'd have stock, didn't do preorders, not do a midnight launch, etc. ie. first come, first served, one per customer.  I dropped my kids off at school that morning, and ran over, figuring I'd let fate decide.  If they still had them 40 minutes after open, I'd grab one.  If not, so be it.  On arrival, there were three left in the cage, and one went home with me.

Best. Decision. Ever.

There are few games that redefine the gaming experience for me.  I've been gaming for decades.  Titles like the Ultima series, Wing Commander, MarioKart 64, HALO, Ocarina of Time...  those at the main stand outs, memorable events in my life, not just 'another entertaining moment'.

Zelda BotW is easily in the top three for my list.  It shows the incredible potential that the Switch has.  I will refute any labeling of being a fanboi by saying that I'm very VERY wary of Nintendo's recent track record, both on Wii and Wii U fronts.  My Wii U sits idle except for when my kids want to play a game or two.  To date, I've logged over 100+ hours in the BotW.  Something I'd never think possible with my currently busy/hectic schedule.  But I find time.  Like an awesome book, I don't want to put it down.  (literally; there are times where I'll undock and retreat to bed just to finish up a task, or shrine, or such before I'm willing to save and shutdown) The first 2 weeks alone, I was up late every night, and logged a minimum of 4 hours each night, staying up until past 1:30, only stopping because I knew I had to get sleep before work the next morning.  The accolades and acclaim are well earned.  It is THAT good.  It showcases what good minds can imagine even in today's world, compared to the repetitive recycled garbage that is foisted upon the gaming industry annually anymore.

To all the 'PC Master Race' people, relax.  This isn't a console meant to compete with you.  Go do your PC thing and enjoy it.

To all the other 'my Console is better' people, relax.  This is a device meant to complement your other systems given the Switches portability.

That's my $.02

E.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh, one other thing, OP.

Everyone likes to play games in their own way, but keep in mind that Zelda BotW is meant to be DISCOVERED.

A big (HUGE) part of the sheer joy in the game is to just keep finding moments of, 'holy crap, you can do that??!!?'

If you haven't already absorbed tons of information from watching videos, try to limit your intake of them as the things that are revealed in those videos tend to dilute the sense of discovery that time within the game earns you.

(it goes without saying, do your best not to directly look up solutions to puzzles/dungeons, locations of items you need/want, etc....)

Enjoy your journey when your Switch arrives!

E.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#47]
I got one at launch. Zelda is bretty gud, but I don't think it's in my top 5 games. As far as other games, Snipperclips is pretty fun, but stay away from 1-2 switch (it's super lame)
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:...but stay away from 1-2 switch (it's super lame)
View Quote
Agreed.

Stupid thing should have been bundled.

It's worth maybe $10 as a digital download....  No way in hell I can see anyone wanting to pay the $50 asking price.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh, one other thing, OP.

Everyone likes to play games in their own way, but keep in mind that Zelda BotW is meant to be DISCOVERED.

A big (HUGE) part of the sheer joy in the game is to just keep finding moments of, 'holy crap, you can do that??!!?'

If you haven't already absorbed tons of information from watching videos, try to limit your intake of them as the things that are revealed in those videos tend to dilute the sense of discovery that time within the game earns you.

(it goes without saying, do your best not to directly look up solutions to puzzles/dungeons, locations of items you need/want, etc....)

Enjoy your journey when your Switch arrives!

E.
View Quote
Sounds like our experiences are both pretty similar. I was the same way with Nintendo prior to the Wii U, which I didn't even contemplate buying. I've pretty much gotten out of playing video games in general, and will occasionally pick up a AAA title, play through it quickly over the course of a weekend, and stop gaming again.

I thought the Switch looked cool, solely for the portable/dock modes, and bought the console for a Nephew without doing any real research on the games, or watching any videos. Playing BotW with him was absolutely amazing, and I was so surprised with how detailed and amazing the game was, so much so that I spent about a week hunting down a console so I could have my own copy of the game. 100% worth it, and it also showed me how devoid of soul most video games have been over the last few years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Interesting
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top