Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
"Semen all over the sideline."

*snort*
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Detroit is going to win this one.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The Cowboys looked bad yesterday, but at least they didn't look like a steaming pile of dog shit like the giants did tonight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The Giants look like a team 2 weeks in a row that can’t even play basic fundamental football. 1TD in 120 minutes and had to settle for a FG from a 1st and goal on the 1yd line 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Cowboys looked bad yesterday, but at least they didn't look like a steaming pile of dog shit like the giants did tonight.
View Quote
More "objectivity" from cowboys fans.

The giants definitely stunk it up tonight, but the Cowboys got worked over and had their spirits broken to the tune of 42 points by Trevin friggin Siemian.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lot of talking heads picking up on LT's comment that Zeke quit on the Cowboys (literally & figuratively).

I can't find the video of the Chris Harris INT where Zeke didn't try for a tackle.  Can anybody find it?
Low Energy Zeke
He's not in the same shape this year that he was in last year. As a friend said, he looks like he ate Lucky Whitehead.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The giants definitely stunk it up tonight, but the Cowboys got worked over and had their spirits broken to the tune of 42 points by Trevin friggin Siemian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet the Cowboys scored more points in a game in which they "had their spirits broken" than the Giants have all season combined.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Broncos scored 42 points on a depleted and known to be bad defense at home. Not too shocked there. The Broncos are know to have one of the best defenses in the league.

I did acknowledge that the Cowboys looked bad yesterday, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the giants are officially the most over rated team in the league. It showed tonight. They are horrible. The Cowboys went on the road and lost to a much higher caliber team than the Lions. Crybaby Eli should never have had the luxury of being on a team that carried him to 2 Superbowl wins. His time to retire was 3+ years ago.

I took the Lions +3.5 tonight and I will continue to take any team opposing the giants and rake in the cash.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lot of talking heads picking up on LT's comment that Zeke quit on the Cowboys (literally & figuratively).

I can't find the video of the Chris Harris INT where Zeke didn't try for a tackle.  Can anybody find it?
View Quote
Kid came out of OSU having won a LOT. First year at Dallas he's "The Man"....young 20 something making good money. Everyone loves him, wins games last year.

I doubt he has ever been blown out. I think ownershi/coach is a little bit concerned about attitude character.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HOTTAKE: Detroit going to the Super Bowl...
View Quote
Next week will be rough for Detroit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#11]
And speaking of inept offenses: after two weeks 4 of the bottom 6 teams in points scored made the playoffs last season (though the Dolphins did only play one game).  I'm going to out on a limb and guess that's the first time that's happened since the merger.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Broncos scored 42 points on a depleted and known to be bad defense at home. Not too shocked there. The Broncos are know to have one of the best defenses in the league.

I did acknowledge that the Cowboys looked bad yesterday, but it doesn't take away from the fact that the giants are officially the most over rated team in the league. It showed tonight. They are horrible. The Cowboys went on the road and lost to a much higher caliber team than the Lions. Crybaby Eli should never have had the luxury of being on a team that carried him to 2 Superbowl wins. His time to retire was 3+ years ago.

I took the Lions +3.5 tonight and I will continue to take any team opposing the giants and rake in the cash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never really got that one.  The Giants' biggest weakness last season was easily their O-line.  They did nothing to fix it in the off season and yet so many "experts" thought suddenly it wasn't going to be an issue anymore.

I hate to say it, but I think the Eagles are probably the most balanced team in the division.  The Cowboys have a better offense and the Giants have a better defense.  Jury is still out on the Redskins.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HOTTAKE: Detroit going to the Super Bowl...
Just 3 1/2 point dogs and the Falcons didn't exactly look dominate last week on the road against the Bears.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I never really got that one.  The Giants' biggest weakness last season was easily their O-line.  They did nothing to fix it in the off season and yet so many "experts" thought suddenly it wasn't going to be an issue anymore.

I hate to say it, but I think the Eagles are probably the most balanced team in the division.  The Cowboys have a better offense and the Giants have a better defense.  Jury is still out on the Redskins.
View Quote
insert soyouresayingtheresachance.gif...

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably even a little better than one in a million too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
"broken spirit" cowboys versus one of the best defenses in the league: 17 points.

giants versus the crappy cowboys defense: 3 points.

giants defense:

salary: 2nd

performance: 20th

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Generally not indicative of a team headed in the right direction when you have the head coach publicly throwing his QB under the bus.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/19/ben-mcadoo-ready-to-put-the-blame-on-sloppy-eli-manning/
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Redskins are the most bi-polar team in the division.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Generally not indicative of a team headed in the right direction when you have the head coach publicly throwing his QB under the bus.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/19/ben-mcadoo-ready-to-put-the-blame-on-sloppy-eli-manning/
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I can see why McAdoo is on the Vegas likely to be fired list.

I agree Eli does not look great, but seriously, McAdoo calls the plays. Four halfs in a row now we have started with a run. But we have absolutely zero run game.

Eli has less than 2 seconds to throw the ball before contact is made with him. There is no pocket to move around in, he HAS to get rid of the ball ASAP. It's not even like it's a lineman getting an arm on him, he is getting raped at full speed. I feel bad for him, he has to do everything right now.

Brandon Marshall had two key drops. One was a fuckin gimme right in the gut, no excuses, he just blew it. That would have been a game changing play. Eli dropped it perfectly on him 20-25 yards down the field in stride.

Flowers is a fucking joke. Enough said.

The Giants got boo'd off the field twice last night, at home. They need to get their shit together and fast. They look like a high school team.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I agree Eli does not look great, but seriously, McAdoo calls the plays. Four halfs in a row now we have started with a run. But we have absolutely zero run game.

Eli has less than 2 seconds to throw the ball before contact is made with him. There is no pocket to move around in, he HAS to get rid of the ball ASAP. It's not even like it's a lineman getting an arm on him, he is getting raped at full speed. I feel bad for him, he has to do everything right now.

Brandon Marshall had two key drops. One was a fuckin gimme right in the gut, no excuses, he just blew it. That would have been a game changing play. Eli dropped it perfectly on him 20-25 yards down the field in stride.

The Giants got boo'd off the field twice last night, at home. They need to get their shit together and fast. They look like a high school team.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#22]
The Giants O-line is certainly a glaring weakness, but at this point in his career Eli has an escapability rating of damn near zero. Already multiple times this season he has been sacked seemingly without even being touched.

The latest "ghost" sack:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/eli-manning-sack-no-contact-touched-lions-giants-nfl
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#23]
After last night's loss McAdoo went from 12/1 odds to be the first coach fired to 5/2.

Chuck Pagano (IND) 1/2

Ben McAdoo (NYG) 5/2

Marvin Lewis (CIN) 8/1

While it might seem odd that McAdoo is higher than Lewis I think it makes sense when you consider New York's tolerance for incompetence is much lower than that of Cincinnati.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#24]
They are now offering odds on when the Jets first win will be.

09-24-17 vs Dolphins 2/1

10-01-17 vs Jaguars 5/2

10-08-17 @ Browns 5/1

10-15-17 vs Patriots 50/1

10-22-17 @ Dolphins 30/1

10-29-17 vs Falcons 30/1

11-02-17 vs Bills 15/1

11-12-17 @ Buccaneers 75/1

11-26-17 vs Panthers 40/1

12-03-17 vs Chiefs 65/1

12-10-17 @ Broncos 65/1

12-17-17 @ Saints 65/1

12-24-17 vs Chargers 40/1

12-31-17 @ Patriots 75/1

Winless Regular Season 6/1
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Only 2-1 odds vs the Dolphins?  Seriously?  Did anyone pay attention to the two games last season?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Only 2-1 odds vs the Dolphins?  Seriously?  Did anyone pay attention to the two games last season?
View Quote
Considering the line is Miami -6.5, who the fuck makes that 2-1 bet for the Jets to straight win?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now even better than the Giants going by the odds:

Cowboys +140

Eagles +220

Redskins +400

Giants +600
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
at the end of the day it's the GM's and McAdoo's job to protect eli, as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
isn't that the damn truth
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#30]
anybody post that Greg Olsen placed on IR? broken foot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
You got that right.....But that's pretty normal for them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I know that they Giants o-line is terrible but man, even still the play calling feels just so neutered.  Eli might be getting older but he's a smart QB with an arm and you have Marshall, OBJ and Shepherd and you're just running the ball and throwing dink and dunk shit for most of the game.  

McAdoo IMO moved past Todd Bowles for next to be fired.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I know that they Giants o-line is terrible but man, even still the play calling feels just so neutered.  Eli might be getting older but he's a smart QB with an arm and you have Marshall, OBJ and Shepherd and you're just running the ball and throwing dink and dunk shit for most of the game.  

View Quote
Hard to throw the ball down the field when the line can't protect the QB.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hard to throw the ball down the field when the line can't protect the QB.
View Quote
Yeah that was obvious.  Doesn't help when Marshall drops a pass put right on his numbers.  But that's not typical from him.  I'm just saying in general.  Not a good look for the Giants.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe if they say pretty please they can get Tom Coughlin back.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#36]
The Dolphins suspended Lawrence Timmons indefinitely.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are we still going with baby mamma drama or was that story fake news?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
4 games is the max they can suspend him. I still haven't heard what his excuse was besides that TMZ reported. Bizarre situation 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Giants O-line is certainly a glaring weakness, but at this point in his career Eli has an escapability rating of damn near zero. Already multiple times this season he has been sacked seemingly without even being touched.

The latest "ghost" sack:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/eli-manning-sack-no-contact-touched-lions-giants-nfl
View Quote
This is true and while it's embarrassing I find it more concerning than anything else. There is only one thing universally respected about Eli, and that is that he is tough as fucking nails. His whole career, he gets walloped and he gets right back up. Never missed a start. You can depend on Eli to get up and get back at it, regardless how bad it is or how hard he just got hit. But Eli is an old man in football years.

These "ghost sacks", I think they speak more to just how "shook" Eli is. It is ugly man, it's horrifying to watch, I can't imagine living it.  He is getting absolutely pummeled. He has no line, no protection and no run game to fall back on. He has to snap that ball every play and hold it, knowing full well that somebody is probably running free right at him. It's a guarantee at this point that Flowers is going to be beat, if not someone else.

These ghost sacks are nothing more than that. I said before, he has two seconds to get rid of that ball and it's the plain fact of it. If he hasn't thrown that ball in two seconds he might as well lay down, someone IS coming for him.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Dolphins just traded with the saints for a LB. Gase may actually cut Timmons. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Here is probably the worst shot he took last night. Notably, also, FOUR lineman came right at him and a linebacker came free. No fucking oline to speak of. So when people want to talk about the ghost sacks, you have to be fair and recognize these plays, too. He stood in there and completed the pass (miraculously).

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/18/new-york-giants-eli-manning-takes-bone-crunching-hit-watch/

He stood in there because he could see it coming. The ghost sacks take place when he gets caught from behind. He can't see it coming but at the point he goes down I'm convinced he is aware whoever is coming is coming unabated, and so he just goes down.

I don't blame him one bit. I'd be fucking horrified if the above video is the standard operation every fucking play he snaps, which it is.

They don't even try to help Flowers. It's retarded.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
They won't finish above .500. I'm sure someone from my home state will be along shortly to tell me how wrong I am.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is true and while it's embarrassing I find it more concerning than anything else. There is only one thing universally respected about Eli, and that is that he is tough as fucking nails. His whole career, he gets walloped and he gets right back up. Never missed a start. You can depend on Eli to get up and get back at it, regardless how bad it is or how hard he just got hit. But Eli is an old man in football years.

These "ghost sacks", I think they speak more to just how "shook" Eli is. It is ugly man, it's horrifying to watch, I can't imagine living it.  He is getting absolutely pummeled. He has no line, no protection and no run game to fall back on. He has to snap that ball every play and hold it, knowing full well that somebody is probably running free right at him. It's a guarantee at this point that Flowers is going to be beat, if not someone else.

These ghost sacks are nothing more than that. I said before, he has two seconds to get rid of that ball and it's the plain fact of it. If he hasn't thrown that ball in two seconds he might as well lay down, someone IS coming for him.
View Quote
Almost sounds as bad as colts o line. One one thousand, 2 one thousand, multiple guys in QB face
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
His rating for the season (83) is right in line with his career rating (83.7).
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know what you're trying to get. Are you saying what I posted isn't true?

When they won the Super Bowl after that insane play where he broke away from every Pats lineman and threw the helmet catch, he won the ESPY award for play of the year.

His thank you speech was, "I couldn't have made that play without my offensive line. So I'd like to thank my offensive line for not blocking a single person."

Ten years with no O-line. I'm surprised it's taken this long for PTSD to catch up to him. Admittedly, the line is the worst I've ever seen it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It is ugly man, it's horrifying to watch, I can't imagine living it.  He is getting absolutely pummeled. He has no line, no protection and no run game to fall back on. He has to snap that ball every play and hold it, knowing full well that somebody is probably running free right at him.
View Quote
IOW, pretty much romo's entire career.  

nobody cares.  don't fucking flop, or you're going to get laughed at.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

IOW, pretty much romo's entire career.  

nobody cares.  don't fucking flop, or you're going to get laughed at.  
View Quote
Lol, fucking Cowboys fans. No not quite. Homo had one of the most impressive lines in the league his last few years. So not like Romos entire career.

Eli has also never been injured, unlinke Romo. And Super Bowls, unlike Romo.

I'm not saying it isn't laughable, I'm just bringing to light the (sad and pathetic) reason behind the action. It's not just, "Eli sacked himself".
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I don't know what you're trying to get. Are you saying what I posted isn't true?

When they won the Super Bowl after that insane play where he broke away from every Pats lineman and threw the helmet catch, he won the ESPY award for play of the year.

His thank you speech was, "I couldn't have made that play without my offensive line. So I'd like to thank my offensive line for not blocking a single person."

Ten years with no O-line. I'm surprised it's taken this long for PTSD to catch up to him. Admittedly, the line is the worst I've ever seen it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm saying he's playing just as well as he has throughout the vast majority of his career.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dolphins just traded with the saints for a LB. Gase may actually cut Timmons. 
View Quote
The SAINTS???  Judas Priest on a Pogo Stick, their defense is fucking HORRIBLE!
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top