Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/5/2017 1:26:57 PM EDT
Edited to clarify  ROE and definition of defeat.

[color=#ff0000][size=4]The rules of engagement are, barring nuclear weapons, do anything necessary to defeat ISIS in 30 days.  Defeating ISIS would be defined to eliminate their primary fighting force and assets so that that they are no longer a threat. [/color]</font>

Obviously there will be small terrorists cells here and there but that is a forever war.

In case some people aren't familiar with what a MEF is comprised of see picture below.

I say they can do it and it would be a beautiful thing to see!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I could find a motivated squad to do it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the ROE...

Winning Hearts and Minds, or Off the Chain?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
define take out.

ISIS is in a lot of countries.  if you could kill every single person in all those countries, all you would do is slow down ISIS,as there would be someone somewhere that agreed with their philosophy.

if by defeat, you mean shut them down for a while, then yes they could accomplish this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
No, ISIS is too spread out and too entrenched to take out in 30 days.
Once we go back to fighting them conventionaly and will kill all of the stupid and brave ones the smart ones will go back to doing what they have been doing for decades now.

Wiping out their ideology is something that is going to take a long time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Depends on the ROE...

View Quote

Off the chain
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are greatly overestimating our abilities while under estimating theirs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
define take out.

ISIS is in a lot of countries.  if you could kill every single person in all those countries, all you would do is slow down ISIS,as there would be someone somewhere that agreed with their philosophy.

if by defeat, you mean shut them down for a while, then yes they could accomplish this.
View Quote

Kill, Mattis-style.

And I'm assuming OP is talking about daesh in Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
define take out.

View Quote

This. They have groups all over the ME.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#11]
If it were no holds barred they could do it in short order.  If they are handcuffed like they are now it will be a repeat of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Depends on the ROE...

View Quote

ROE = Whatever it takes except Nukes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Only problem would be the time machine we'd need to get the CH-46s back.  

Also, the logistics of moving thatch shit at one time would be a problem.  If you could magic that much ass and trash to the ME from one spot- sure.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Depends on the ROE...
View Quote

Pretty much depends on this.

Well if you just wanted to kill a bunch of bad guys it depends on the ROE.  Actually defeating ISIS and ending their existence totally will take something else.  What else I have no idea.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Depends on the ROE...

View Quote

this

are we going to try not to offend some assmaggot somewhere, or get the job done?

no camera, no cell phones, get the job done and shut up
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#16]
To much ground to cover. With the right intel you could take out their leaders but they'll easily be replaced by others.
Nothing is going to do away with their ideology as long as they continue to think like they are (Bush and Cheney were damn stupid to think we could change their way of thinking, or thought we were damn stupid and would believe it, although a lot of people did). The western world needs to pull out all assets and let them fight it out amongst themselves and lock down their refugee and immigration laws.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
No.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
define take out.

View Quote

Defeat would defined to eliminate their primary fighting force and assets so that that they are no longer a threat.  

Obviously there will be small terrorists cells here and the but that is a forever war.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#19]
One MEF is what we're about down to.  I MEF is full up.  II MEF has been hollowed out.  I was told the other day that 2nd Tank Bn is down to two companies (a full battalion is 58 tanks.  Sometimes they plus them up with an additional company of 14 tanks.  Now?  28 tanks, which is not a "battalion").

When we go to war, II MEF will be supporting and fleshing out I MEF.  

Thanks Obama.  You fucking dope smoking fuck.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Op how about pick a TO&E that's not 15 years old...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#21]
No.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#22]
No.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL the squad was a joke!  But I can't see a MEF, with it's air-ground capability and "relaxed" ROEs having any problem killing everything in it's path.  After taking out the nails sticking up, it would just be a matter of cleaning up the remnants.

I could also see them working with local forces and militia groups, that would aid in the clean-up.  They'd be a lot more willing to go out and do the job themselves if they knew the Marines were backing them up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

ROE = Whatever it takes except Nukes.
View Quote

In that case, I say use 2 MEFS, give them 90 days instead of 30, and the Marines get to keep whatever land they take.

Call it "Camp Al'ahmaq Min Alealam".  The grunts can call it "The Starfish".
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Got to locate them to kill them. That takes time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL the squad was a joke!  But I can't see a MEF, with it's air-ground capability and "relaxed" ROEs having any problem killing everything in it's path.  After taking out the nails sticking up, it would just be a matter of cleaning up the remnants.

I could also see them working with local forces and militia groups, that would aid in the clean-up.  They'd be a lot more willing to go out and do the job themselves if they knew the Marines were backing them up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they receive zero support from any other service or outside units, nothing at all, we just drop them in the desert and say go?

How long could they even function without resupply from somewhere? How many square miles would they have to cover?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Now...crusade style on the other hand.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
The MEF could kill all the people in a given area if there were no proscriptions against who they kill.  The problem is the way ISIS gets replacements from other areas, or shifts from one area where they were defeated, only to set up shop somewhere else.  If crossing borders to continue killing was OK, then the MEF could continue killing them.  The other issue is defeating their will and/or desire to fight.  Ending their desire to fight will be a generational long fight.

If the MEF decided to go after any sympathizer anywhere with no restrictions except nukes, the world would call it a genocide, and they would be correct.   So we are back to the will to fight, and to what extent will we go.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#29]
They need a shit ton of NSA, CIA type intel. And lots and lots of drones.

Airforce and navy to resupply.

Killing them is easy.

Finding them is harder.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So they receive zero support from any other service or outside units, nothing at all, we just drop them in the desert and say go?

How long could they even function without resupply from somewhere? How many square miles would they have to cover?
View Quote

They receive any assistance needed but they would be the primary fighting force.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Kill, Mattis-style.

And I'm assuming OP is talking about daesh in Iraq.
View Quote
That's like trying to drain a swimming pool with a teaspoon.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This. They have groups all over the ME.
View Quote
And AFG. And Europe. And Africa. And Asia. And here.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They receive any assistance needed but they would be the primary fighting force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your game plan?

What if they run, or go quiet and wait you out?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

one MEF cannot cover the ground of an entire country, not enough dudes no matter how motivated they are.

Send in a Marine Division and a Marine Airwing with a CBG backing them up then maybe, people here are grossly over simplifying and underestimating these people.

Seriously this war is not a war for massive conventional ground forces in the first place.

Units like MARSOC, Delta, SEALs, and Rangers are the forces we need to expand and hone in order to win this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell me, how many countries is ISIS operating in right at this moment?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
ISIS? No.

Syria? Yes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#37]
take out the source
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Everything will be broken
Everything that isn't dead will be pregnant
Half of the dead shit will have enough DNA in it to be considered alive
The other half of the dead shit will have been eaten.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Probably, but it would not be pretty. If they were able to slaughter every hostile man, women and Jr Jihadist they would still loose a fair amount of troops to the hidden IED threat.

It would make the most sense to get 2000 howitzers and try and replicate the German ww1 cannonade and shoot 5 million rounds into the lines to get the shindig started. Then airstrike the terrified terries as the retreat.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Everything will be broken
Everything that isn't dead will be pregnant
Half of the dead shit will have enough DNA in it to be considered alive
The other half of the dead shit will have been eaten.
View Quote

Sir, you make my chest swell with pride.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
take out the source
View Quote

Monitor who supplies the $$$
Cut them down discreetly

Infiltrate ISIS- cause dissension in the ranks.

ISIS stole AQ's thunder. Now to get those two sides to hunt each other down.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Isis controls 20-25k sq. miles, that's around the size West Virgina.  Even if they only have 15-20k fighters that's still a huge area to properly clear and nearly impossible with a force that small.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Monitor who supplies the $
Cut them down discreetly

View Quote

The problem with that is that ISIS has more or less supplanted AQ in most areas.

ISIS started out as a local branch of AQ that became more radical and expanded.  There has already been more or less a civil war between ISIS and AQ, and ISIS won.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Monitor who supplies the $$
Cut them down discreetly

View Quote
Please explain the ideological differences between IS, AQ, and their supporters and how you could drive a wedge between them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#45]
No, because ISIS is spread out more than we think and when faced with ground combat troops they will use women and children as shields. We would have to accept a lot more collateral damage in order to kill them off.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I think it would take more than a month.  I would also pull the equivalent size force from the Army/Air Force.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Give them every resource available to our armed forces and liberal rules of engagement (nukes are reserved as an option). The answer is an easy yes. Kill the ideology? No. Break the back of the organization? No problem.

Edit;

One MEF couldn't do it in 30 days. Would need 2 or 3 so they could engage on multiple AO's. Maybe throw XVIII Airborne Corps a bone and give them something to do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Bio weapons.. cover the whole Middle East.. set up surrender and treatment camps.. you surrender you live. Imprison all isis and other terrorist.. set trials and exicute...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Anything short of nukes? yes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One MEF is what we're about down to.  I MEF is full up.  II MEF has been hollowed out.  I was told the other day that 2nd Tank Bn is down to two companies (a full battalion is 58 tanks.  Sometimes they plus them up with an additional company of 14 tanks.  Now?  28 tanks, which is not a "battalion").

When we go to war, II MEF will be supporting and fleshing out I MEF.  

Thanks Obama.  You fucking dope smoking fuck.
View Quote

Really?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top