Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Given the off the shelf tech out there, it surprises me it has not already been done.  Programmable drones, gps and gyro aided guidance.  FPV with an improvised sighting system seems pretty easy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Send them some shotguns and some rednecks to teach them how to use them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know a whole lot about aerial bombing, but one thing I do know is that it takes some fairly sophisticated equipment to do effectively. Ain't nobody flying a drone hundreds of feet overhead, going, "Yeah, that's about right" and hitting a release button, and landing a bomb within two feet of his intended target.  No way, no how.
View Quote

LOL. The average drone has optics packages well beyond the technology of the Norden bombsight.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
CBS picked up the story yesterday.

They are air dropping grenades and mortars.

Day Seven of the battle for western Mosul and the Iraqis -- by their own account -- are moving very slowly. Their operations are being disrupted by ISIS drones, sometimes operating in swarms of three to five. They are off-the-shelf quadrocopters, which drop hand grenades or artillery shells, and in a video released by ISIS appear to score a direct hit on an Iraqi armored personnel carrier.
View Quote

CBS video/story
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:46:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL. The average drone has optics packages well beyond the technology of the Norden bombsight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know a whole lot about aerial bombing, but one thing I do know is that it takes some fairly sophisticated equipment to do effectively. Ain't nobody flying a drone hundreds of feet overhead, going, "Yeah, that's about right" and hitting a release button, and landing a bomb within two feet of his intended target.  No way, no how.

Terror bombing doesn't even need to be precise.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Day Seven of the battle for western Mosul and the Iraqis -- by their own account -- are moving very slowly. Their operations are being disrupted by ISIS drones, sometimes operating in swarms of three to five. They are off-the-shelf quadrocopters, which drop hand grenades or artillery shells, and in a video released by ISIS appear to score a direct hit on an Iraqi armored personnel carrier.
View Quote

Like this?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top