BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're selling clicks no matter what happens.

If they go to a website, it drives traffic.

Youtube, drives traffic.

Google, drives traffic.

This is 2016, there's nothing that's not hit with advertising.

He was preforming a service for the community and the couple 100 clicks he got from Arfcom didn't change his channel's revenue.
View Quote

So we agree that he was using arfcom for marketing activities, and that these activities were pulling eyeballs to his channel. Why shouldn't arfcom be compensated for the use of their platform?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, but taking a swipe at the site and our "bad reputation" and posting PMs is particularly classless.

Didn't know who he was before, now I have absolutely no interest in visiting his YouTube or Facebook page.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
View Quote

I agree he went a little far...It wasn't classy but, he does have a fair point.

Anything he does is going to garner traffic, regardless of if it's youtube or not.

While rules are rules, shouldn't there be a conversation if one rule, doesn't particularly make sense?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When I first posted here a year ago I was met with a warm welcome and had a lot of great interaction with all of you. I hope my videos have brought you the info needed to make informed purchases. But I can no longer support a site that openly extorts me for money.

Earlier this month I posted a thread in the 50CAL section sharing my "Ultimate 50BMG Giveaway". Many of you know that most of the companies I work with on YouTube have agreed to giveaway a model of whatever I'm reviewing. So, we just did a simple giveaway of a AR50, 200rds of 50BMG, a Cerakote Job, 50BMG gong, and a rear bag. The winner was a 26 year old Marine Vet. This is on top of the 5 suppressors I have given away already and we have 6 more this month to giveaway. It's one way I give back to our community, besides the charity shoots I do that are open to the public.

I just received a PM from an admin saying I must pay them or change my screen name. This is in reference to the attention I brought to the 50 BMG giveaway so no forum members missed it.

I already have a paid membership to support this site and actually just paid for another year. But now they say I must have a dealer account which of course, costs much more $. This site has a very bad reputation across the internet and I still gave it a shot. The members here in the NFA section are good to go and I thank you for the conversation over the last year. But I can not do business with a site that extorts a YouTube channel and treats them as a dealer. HKPro and NFATalk pulled the same crap, guess where I no longer visit.

Thanks for your time,
NFA Review Channel

P.S. For those of you that want daily updates and info on the giveaway you can find them on my Facebook page.

SCREEN CAP OF PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/Firefighter1291/Screen%20Shot%202016-12-19%20at%206.43.11%20AM_zpsy6uay2sq.png[/URL]
View Quote

Do you make money off of your YouTube channel?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ummm, I think Arfcom is the largest or second largest gun forum.

EDIT: http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Recreation/Guns
View Quote

Arf is numero uno
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Youtube, drives traffic.

Google, drives traffic.

He was preforming a service for the community and the couple 100 clicks he got from Arfcom didn't change his channel's revenue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The giveaways are a tactic to drive traffic to his channel. Advertisers then pay him based on the amount of traffic.
He's essentially selling access to his niche user base, which he's using this site to build. Why should arfcom provide that for free?

Youtube, drives traffic.

Google, drives traffic.

And how do you know how many clicks were generated from this site?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By

While rules are rules, shouldn't there be a conversation if one rule, doesn't particularly make sense?
View Quote

Which part doesn't make sense?

Free shit much?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

He doesn't.  ARFCOM is mean and Capitalism is bad ok?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:HKPro and NFATalk pulled the same crap, guess where I no longer visit.
View Quote

So this is the third time you have been run off of a site that expects you to pay if you want to make money from their user base?
You're going to run out of friendly places to visit if you make posts like this. The users tend to overlap on many of these forums...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Dupe
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#10]
First off, it's shit that I didn't win that giveaway. I demand a redraw, until I win.

That being said, I see your point. I also see their point. I guess that's your call. I'd ask to change your name to Striker and then just give yourself permission to do what you want.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We have a bad reputation?
Sorry about your trouble.   Seriously.
Given your post, surely there can be some middle ground where you can achieve your goals and not be a dealer.  Have you asked?
View Quote

I get a lot of when I mention Arf at training places I go. I tell them I love it here and it's their loss.  I figure they probably got banned for posting dick pics.  OP, their site, their rules. You are using their platform to reach people so you shouldn't be so hard on them. You could always start your own site and let people list drawings for free.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#14]
as it's been stated. OP is generating an income via clicks, generated from here, for free.. OP, why are you bitching?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#15]
His free money is suddenly not so free.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Look,  ar15.com is a business with bills to pay.

We wouldn't have this attention whore swan song of the answer to your question was "none".

The way the flowchart should have gone was- op sees potential advertisers, op engages business deal,  profit.

Instead op decided to play fast and loose- i can make some free money-  then when getting called on it- "you need to pay to play like the posted rules say", decided to go nuclear.

Nobody got time for that feces.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anything he does is going to garner traffic, regardless of if it's youtube or not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but taking a swipe at the site and our "bad reputation" and posting PMs is particularly classless.

Didn't know who he was before, now I have absolutely no interest in visiting his YouTube or Facebook page.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

It makes sense to me.  What part gives you trouble?  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I've always enjoyed your videos. Too bad ARFCOM didn't work out for you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Gee those meanies wouldn't let you advertise to generate clicks and make money for free? 
View Quote

I agree, if you are making $ through here thats how it goes. HKPro sees it that way also.
whats wrong with that?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#21]
IBTL

By "bad reputation" do you mean that whole "dirt shooters forum" thing? 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We wouldn't have this attention whore swan song of the answer to your question was "none".

The way the flowchart should have gone was- op sees potential advertisers, op engages business deal,  profit.

Instead op decided to play fast and loose- i can make some free money-  then when getting called on it- "you need to pay to play like the posted rules say", decided to go nuclear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just curious to see his statistics.  He seems very sure that the number of hits generated by Arfcom are inconsequential, so I would like to see them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#23]
As I said in the dupe thread DK locked, try going into your local mall and advertising your business for free and get back to us about how long it takes for management to tell you to pay rent or GTFO. Something tells me they won't let you go a year without such an ultimatum.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#24]
So a business (this site is a business) builds itself up until it is THE go to site for AR related info and discussion, and you feel entitled to piggy back on it for free to grow your own business? Then when they remind that it is clearly stated you cannot do it, you come here and create a drama llama thread about how you have to leave cuz they are not being fair to you?

No one owes you crap. You do not deserve a free ride or special treatment. I do not care how great your videos are, if you are making money then stop being a freeloader and help support the site you are trying to use to peddle your wares.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You are advertising your business on their site, right?
View Quote

Pretty much this.  Sorry you don't want them to profit from the potential viewers they bring to the table.  

That's kind of how advertising works.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So this is the third time you have been run off of a site that expects you to pay if you want to make money from their user base?
You're going to run out of friendly places to visit if you make posts like this. The users tend to overlap on many of these forums...
View Quote
Thats the first thing I thought too. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like the OP is use to getting his way.

Ones status does tend to facilitate that.

Welcome to Arfcom and the Internet bro, the great equalizer, where zero fucks is given to who you are in the real World.

"You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Advertising is advertising. You don't do it for free so why should they?

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sounds like the OP is use to getting his way.

Ones status does tend to facilitate that.

Welcome to Arfcom and the Internet bro, the great equalizer, where zero fucks is given to who you are in the real World.

"You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world."
View Quote

He's just another peanut in the giant turd called life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I think the bad rap that Arfcom gets across the net and in some other circles is the signal/noise ratio combined with some of the SME's that we have run off.  I've caught crap for the BFL on my truck at a couple of shooting classes.

This place is a massive wealth of good info, but at times you have to look for it.  It's almost scary how GD can scoop news stories before the details hit the media (like the osprey that went down the other day and someone from the squadron posted an update).

I came for the info, and stayed for the shenanigans.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#32]
No offense, but you're an advertiser. If not for your own 'business', and I do think that you are even if you're only selling 'clicks', but you definitely are for other businesses:

"most of the companies I work with on YouTube"

Since you're the last one in the link before their products are promoted on Arfcom, you get to pay for the advertising space you're using on Arfcom, and doubly so since you're here to make money. If you don't think so, then you need to ask yourself where your skin in the game comes from. If that doesn't sink in, then feel free to start your own website/server.

Think about it: Do you seriously think that companies would pay Arfcom to advertise / be a dealer/ etc if all they had to do was create a 'third-party', e.g. a YouTube channel, in order to avoid paying for that same space? Of course they'd set it up like that... which is why the last link in the chain gets to pay Arfcom for using bandwidth. Don't like it? Don't use Arfcom's bandwidth. Or wasn't that almost exactly what you were told by Striker?

With all that, this isn't something you're going to win. The only way you get out of this is by not poking this bear. If Arfcom sheds it apathy and decides that you and your YouTube channel are consistent with your whining here, you may end up getting dropped by your sponsors when your attitude here is relayed back to them with a 'boycott' message. To that end, you have 3 options:

You can continue in the original intent of this thread. Do not be surprised if you get some pushback.
You can ignore this whole thing (and ask that the thread be locked, etc) and hope it disappears. You may or may not get some pushback.
You can change the original intent of this thread, and your attitude, and hope for the best... whether or not you pay to advertise on this site.

Honestly, it sounds like you have money on the line. Your attitude will cost you. How much has yet to be determined. You want to keep your money, or your attitude?

Your response in this thread will tell us the answer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Holy shit!! The Site owners demanded that you actually follow the rules that you agreed to follow when you registered??  

What a bunch of giant assholes!!!  
View Quote

Well, you know .... we do have a very bad reputation.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
2-this site is free to charge whatever it wants and has fixed costs, if that's too much for some youtube channels what right do they have to demand a free ride? 
View Quote

Of course you are! No one disputed this. Strawman much?

I simply pointed out it's self defeating. The content he provides here is of benefit to you - you gain more clicks, audience, etc to support your business and those that are selling things / advertising things through arfcom.

Now you will loose that value, audience and traffic due to your obstinance and refusal to consider the fact that what YOU ARE DEMANDING (the only one demanding anything by the way) is not a tenable agreement for all parties.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Holy shit!! The Site owners demanded that you actually follow the rules that you agreed to follow when you registered??  

What a bunch of giant assholes!!!  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Drama
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey OP, seeing how this is the THIRD site you've been run off of for being FSA, tell us which site will you leach off of next?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#38]
You keep running into the same situation at every site you join and they're all the assholes?

You are using ar15's site to promote your business/channel. Just because you don't make money off it isn't the sites problem.

Taking a swipe at the membership and the site on the way out was classy.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Adios amigos.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey OP, seeing how this is the THIRD site you've been run off of for being FSA, tell us which site will you leach off of next?
View Quote

What were the other two?

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What were the other two?
View Quote
Read the OP and find out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What were the other two?
View Quote

Read the OP.  He listed them there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You keep running into the same situation at every site you join and they're all the assholes?

You are using ar15's site to promote your business/channel. Just because you don't make money off it isn't the sites problem.

Taking a swipe at the membership and the site on the way out was classy.  
View Quote

You know what they say ... if you meet an asshole today you're unlucky.  If you meet an asshole everyday, you're the asshole.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#44]
OP has come a long way since ST, but like most others have said he is flat wrong.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Disputes between businesses happen all the time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Meh, free market. You don't want to pay, you're free to leave.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#47]
OP is FSA.  

Won't be viewing or spending money with FSA.  

Door, meet ass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#49]

I read that as...    I don't like the rules but joined the site anyway.
ARFCOM has a bad reputation and now it's worse and I shall let the masses know.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This leaves me struggling to compose a response.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top