Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are overpaid and under worked.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think some of the mods smell like pie.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have to be a mod on a game server.  Talk about a thank-less job.  No matter what you do someone has the urge to complain. My philosophy was "don't like my rules, go play somewhere else"  Thats the way I feel here. I am just a guest.  The one who never leaves after the party is over, but still a guest.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
"How Do You Feel About The Mods And Staff At AR15.Com Over The Past 2 Years?"

[img]http://www.teachnet.com/graphics/lesson/misc/feelings.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
With the exception of two they have been fair, prompt and excel at a thankless job.

Anything else??
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to OPERATION ARFKOM FREEDOM and THE COALITION, the evil that had infiltrated the board through several mods was purged. Vigilance must continue as evil can return at any time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now listen Rookie...go sit on the bench for a while and spend some time watching some pros at work.  Maybe you'll LEARN a bit about your fellow man...like NO WHINING!
View Quote

You[red]'[/red]r[red]e[/red] pathetic!! Do you even READ before you post?
View Quote

Do you proofread before you post?

Look, no one here is on a powertrip. EdSr would kick their ass to the curb if they were. Most people come here to have a good time and share an interest, as well as drop in on the GD forum and talk a little smack and discuss air conditioning, tipping, turbocharger vs supercharger and topics like that. Occasionally we get some nazi punk crawling out of the woodwork, or some dummy posts someone's personal information, but there's a code of conduct here that says they can't, and everyone knows it. This isn't hardcoretalk.com where anything goes. People here want to be able to let their kids and wives on here without worrying about what they'll be exposed to. Why would you come to someone else's website, where the [b][i]vast[/i][/b] majority of the membership likes it the way it is, and cry about some perceived megalomania on the part of the people who run the place?

As has already been said, if you don't like the way this place is run, feel free to start your own forum or find another you do like.
View Quote

Gee...what else is there to say?  [;D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't want to do it so I sure as hell won't complain about those willing to put up with the task.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it was WILSON that locked my only locked thread.  OOOOhhhh,  boy howdy, did I ever beg for that one.....  I fucked up [b]big time[/b].

Learn from my mistake, and post a retraction.  Eat Crow....

The older you get, the better it tastes...

And, finally, act like a man, Mr. Cranium.

Edited to say "One of my friends, a BIA, owes his family's home to this site, which he has never visited.  Except for checking it out while at my house."

Thanks, again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
[b]How Do You Feel About The Mods And Staff At AR15.Com Over The Past 2 Years?[/b]

How do I feel about other men? This isn't a "gay" thread, is it ?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Ain't been here in 'bout that long, (2yrs). Used to get pretty wild and heated "back in the day". Looks kinda, ah, sophicated now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#16]
IBTL..
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#18]
BROVO ED!!!!

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#19]
For whatever faults they may have, I think the moderators on this 'site are fairly tolerant. I was kicked off of Sigforum because of [url=http://sigforum.com/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=674608412&f=430601935&m=37860951&p=1]this[/url].
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I wasn't real happy when cop-bashing was outlawed and I think some of the language demands are a bit much but overall I don't have too much to complain about.
However for those who say if you don't like it go elsewhere I have thos to answer.
Some of us have paid money to be here, not much I have to confess but still have paid for a service. To change the rules after payment has been accepted is wrong. I.E. Rent an apartment and after a few months the landlord comes by and tells you there is now a curfew, no loud music at any time etc.
Though it wouldn't stand up in any court a deal is a deal at the time it is made, unilaterally changing the agreement afterwards is not a nice thing to do even if there is no written agreement.
And of course there is cliquishness and a few way off the deep end in both directions. But what do you expect from a online bulletin board?
I am sure the majority of the more belligerent folk here and far easier to get along with IRL.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ok let me ask again. Give some specifics. I am more than willing to discuss this and maybe we can actually make things better.

Give me some threads you objected to or [red]banned members you think were wronged?[/red]

mike
View Quote

Imbroglio
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#26]
While I don't agree with the original posters rant...

One thing I think that would be nice to consider would be addressing the actual offender(s) who are breaking the rules, not shutting down whole threads because 1 or 2 start cussing each other out. (provided they're not the only two posting in that thread)

I agree with the rules as they are, but I'm sure there are some out there who feel like a locked thread over 1 or 2 people is like gungrabbers banning guns cause a few people misuse them.

Perhaps, rather than just a locked thread... and they're free to go on their merry way and do the same thing in another thread... Perhaps instead there should be repercussions for the individuals, so they'll actually get the point.

JMHO
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#28]
This space intentionally left blank.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

One thing I think that would be nice to consider would be addressing the actual offender(s) who are breaking the rules, not shutting down whole threads because 1 or 2 start cussing each other out. (provided they're not the only two posting in that thread)

I agree with the rules as they are, but I'm sure there are some out there who feel like a locked thread over 1 or 2 people is like gungrabbers banning guns cause a few people misuse them.

Perhaps, rather than just a locked thread... and they're free to go on their merry way and do the same thing in another thread... Perhaps instead there should be repercussions for the individuals, so they'll actually get the point.

JMHO
View Quote

Maybe a suspension of member privileges would straighten some troublesome people out. If you want to disrupt or hijack threads maybe 3 or 4 days (or longer) of being nothing but a guest would go a long way towards changing immature attitudes. If that doesn't work simply enforce the ban. One thing I'd like to see is a tacked explanation when someone gets banned instead of several vague postings by members as to why they think it happened.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Free Imbroglio! Free Imbroglio!

[size=1]Whoops.[/size=1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#33]
3 things:

1. All current mods/staff are awesome.

2. Who are you?

3. Give specific locks and bans, or move the hell on.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:00:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
3 things:

View Quote

you really want to win that rifle huh??
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#36]
The mods are okay, but TheBeeKeeper1 still owes me a reach a round and until I get that I will still be upset.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Thanks to OPERATION ARFKOM FREEDOM and THE COALITION, the evil that had infiltrated the board through several mods was purged. Vigilance must continue as evil can return at any time.
View Quote

well said.  they will remain nameless but they were a major detraction to this site.  it seems to be better around here since then.

i've been on and off with this site for probably about 5 years.  i used to post a lot back then under a differ name.  the various flame wars that used to infest the site got way out of hand cause me to leave.  i'm here to talk about guns and shooting.  honestly i only found this thread looking for more bulletfest pics and where to send the video i shot.

there is probably only one person on the board who would know what my old user name was and that would be ed, sr.  so ed if you figure it out please don't post it but email or pm is fine.  i kind of enjoy lurking these days.

i've met ed and several other current mods at all 4 bulletfests.  i see campy at shows from time to time.  all are always friendly and great to talk to.

i see many large site going apparently down cause of the large influx of newer users.  look at ebay how often sellers won't answer questions or do so rudely.  try that in person at a store and see where you get.  the whole net has become ruder in the last several years.  aholes in real life are so on the net from what i've found.

i've found a small board where us gun nuts can talk about guns and we don't get trolls cause the site is too obscure.  that is what i like. for the AR family of weapons this site is still the tops.  the specific forums are some of the best around.

edited so it reads better and to fix really crappy spelling.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 things:

2. Who are you?

3. Give specific locks and bans, or move the hell on.
View Quote

I knew you loved me... [kiss]

So anyway Sage, how did you like Bulletfest?
View Quote

I loved Bulletfest. Most fun I've ever had in one day.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ok let me ask again. Give some specifics. I am more than willing to discuss this and maybe we can actually make things better.

Give me some threads you objected to or [red]banned members you think were wronged?[/red]

mike
View Quote

Imbroglio
View Quote

[b]Imbroglio[/b] is not banned.  
View Quote

Not anymore...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JMHO
View Quote

Maybe a suspension of member privileges would straighten some troublesome people out. If you want to disrupt or hijack threads maybe 3 or 4 days (or longer) of being nothing but a guest would go a long way towards changing immature attitudes. If that doesn't work simply enforce the ban. One thing I'd like to see is a tacked explanation when someone gets banned instead of several vague postings by members as to why they think it happened.
View Quote

That was more along the lines what I was thinking... altho I was thinking after they mess up several times and are warned, they start getting day long suspensions, and longer the more times they do it afterwards.

However, I know that'd be a hard thing to keep track of... so it may not be feasable.

On a side note, EdAvilaSr:

I don't know why, but EVERY TIME someone posts your handle "EdAvilaSr", my brain always reads "Evil Ed Sr." HAHA. I don't know why... kinda reminds me of DR Evil or something. No offense intended.

But I do wanna say thanks Mr. Ed (doh! [;)]) for the site and also thanks to the others who help... all the mods and staff, etc...

I think there will always be quirks here and there in any large gathering of people, be it online or not. And overall, I think there's much more going right at this site than many of the others I've been to. Keep up the good work [beer]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top