Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/2/2016 1:33:44 PM EDT
I am on my way to complete my first EE on a lower this morning. When I noticed, my starter seems to be acting up again (it started with a little help). So, I head to the station for some fuel and left my engine running just in case (I am aware I should turn my vehicle off). When some lady pulled up in her Nissan cross over with extremely noisy brakes. I watch her in the reflection of my side window, because she’s standing behind me staring at me with her I need to speak to the manager haircut.

She finally says excuse me, so I ignore her (figured she would go away). Nope, she asks again. So, I turn around say, “Sorry I don’t have spare change.” She demanded I turn my vehicle off and it’s going to blow. I tell her about my starter acting up and that there is no danger of blowing up… She starts calling me a dumb ass Trump supporter (nothing political on my truck). and starts moving toward my passenger door. I told her to back away from my vehicle and leave me the hell alone.

I don’t know why but she seemed to be really pissed with me. Starts yelling about her safety, kids and a bunch of other shit. I am done pumping and I tell her,” Thanks for your opinion, but I don’t give a shit.” I walk around and get in my truck. She standing in my passenger window, holding the bottom of window frame calling me a dumb ass and other crap… Why won’t this bitch leave me alone. So, I tell her she has a higher chance of her brakes failing if she doesn’t get them looked at then us blowing up.

I put the vehicle in drive and she immediately steps back and back so she can take a picture of my plate as I left…

Why do people insist on talk with me? If she had a problem, go tell the clerk… She just wanted to argue with someone.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
"fuck off lady, mind your own business"
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing happened to me at Costco last year...

I told the dude to get back in his car...Thought I might have to blade if he came any closer.

WTF is it with people these days?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, she was off her meds.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That's insane OP.
I had a starter going out before, hit and miss if she would fire again. I pumped gas with it running for that reason.
I was never accosted like that though.

People are truly crazy
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
People are stupid. Its like that old science experiment about the monkeys and getting shocked.

Anyways, the real reason you would want to stop your engine from running while fueling is to preserve your gasoline fuel pump. The gas cap keeps a constant pressure in the tank while in operation. Releasing the cap releases the pressure built by the pump. Now, your vehicle will still work but it can, in rare circumstances, cause cavitation in your gasoline pump.

Now diesels are a different animal and can be fueled with the motor running. But thats because they usually have a low PSI pump to the motor, then an injection pump at the motor to boost the fuel pressure past 2000 psi.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I told the dude to get back in his car...Thought I might have to blade if he came any closer.

View Quote

Why should I die, or have my truck damaged because you are too lazy to cut your engine off?....

not if you have engine trouble...
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

definitely called for an unholster and maybe even a muzzle point w/ finger on trigger.    
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Mines is off, yours is the one running. Fuck with their head a little bit. I voted for Hillary six times, I bet you only voted for her once. 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome back to Arf bro
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#10]
People have become so accustomed to their safe space that they forget that outside of their little bubble there is a real universe, which frequently pushes back against aggressive behavior.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My standard response to "You're a Trump supporter!" would be to look at them slightly puzzled, and say "No, I voted Hillary!"

Watch either their head explode or they suddenly turn nice.

Sadly, I learned the death stare that makes sure strangers keep 50 feet away from me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
OK.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#13]
was the fuel fill on the passenger side? pull out the nozzle and spray her with some gas. fumble in your pocket while mumbling about your lighter. post results for lulz.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]
When people do stuff I am uncomfortable with /unsafe. I just unass the area. No need to be a dick.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I bet she would have shit a brick I it were me and I lit up a smoke
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#16]
“Sorry I don’t have spare change.”
View Quote

I'm using that.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I do it all the time in the summer when it's 100 degrees out and I have my kids in the car. No fucks given. I kind of wish this stuff would happen to me sometimes. I would take great joy in responding to her concerns
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#18]
That happened to me this summer. Lady said I was going to blow the place up,  I told her that's not how it works. She kept bitching the whole time. I just got back in my truck and ignored her.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I would have simply taken my .45 out from under my fold down arm rest and laid it on the dash of the truck, that normally gets people to back off, had a bunch of teenagers pile around my truck the other day at the liquor store like they were going to jump me, so I took the pistol out, put it on the dash and they decided they were going to call the cops, fine, don't bother me, cop shows up, walks up to the truck and asked me.."What is going on Dave?"  I told him and he said, ya, I saw them tail gating you down main street, so he goes over asks who was driving and proceeds to write the driver of the car a reckless driving ticket, I left waving and laughing!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So, I turn around say, “Sorry I don’t have spare change.”
View Quote

Fucking brilliant
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Why would it randomly blow up? I've done it many times. No explosions.

Dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's insane OP.
I had a starter going out before, hit and miss if she would fire again. I pumped gas with it running for that reason.

People are truly crazy
View Quote

You should have seen how unhinged people got in the last thread about this.

Responses ranged from "meh" to "I'd hit the station's emergency shutoff" and "I'd draw on someone doing that because they're endangering my family."

Crazy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Tell her to back off or your going to grab her by the pussy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why should I die, or have my truck damaged because you are too lazy to cut your engine off?....

View Quote

Finally, someone considerate enough to turn their vehicle off 50ft away from the pump and push it in neutral to avoid an explosion.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry I don't have any change.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#27]

"Don't make me come over there and grab your pussy."

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I bet she would have shit a brick I it were me and I lit up a smoke
View Quote

I don't smoke but I need a pack of cigarettes for this single reasonable response in the event this happens to me.

The spare change bit was a stroke of brilliance
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I have my own fuel pump station and fill up all the time with engines running. Tractors, side by sides, vehicles, all sorts of shit. Never been blown up once.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#30]
87% embellished
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Did you blade at 45?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Did it last night. No reason to shut my truck off for the five minutes it took to pump 24 gallons. Usually the only time I shut it down is if I have to go inside.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Shoot, you'd be awful hoarse if you yelled at everybody doing that at the pump in Alaska.... LMFAO

- Clint
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Man it must suck only having one gas station in town.

If that isn't the case, you should have told her to STFU and go someplace else.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Happened to me before, some guy in a beater pickup. "Fuck off" did not seem to work so I just ignored him while he ran his yap. I finally  told him that I didn't know what sort of crazy pills he was taking but I did not want any.  

THAT finally shut him up. I suppose he WAS on meds.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I've kept my car running while fueling up for years.  No one has said anything and nothing has ever happened.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tard detected.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Same happened to me. Car running, smoking a cigarette and some little dude got all bent. I swear the guy was 5,8".
How can a man stop growing at 12 years of age?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
People are stupid. Its like that old science experiment about the monkeys and getting shocked.

Anyways, the real reason you would want to stop your engine from running while fueling is to preserve your gasoline fuel pump. The gas cap keeps a constant pressure in the tank while in operation. Releasing the cap releases the pressure built by the pump. Now, your vehicle will still work but it can, in rare circumstances, cause cavitation in your gasoline pump.

Now diesels are a different animal and can be fueled with the motor running. But thats because they usually have a low PSI pump to the motor, then an injection pump at the motor to boost the fuel pressure past 2000 psi.
View Quote

Good info. I turn mine off because my gas gauge gets wonky when I don't, but I kinda want to stop doing that to troll libs like OP.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Responses ranged from "meh" to "I'd hit the station's emergency shutoff" and "I'd draw on someone doing that because they're endangering my family."

Crazy.
View Quote

Wait people actually think that filing up your car with engine running causes explosions?

WTF
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Crazy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's insane OP.

People are truly crazy

Crazy.

I sincerely hope you're exaggerating, I'd like to believe people aren't that stupid.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#42]
That lady would have a cardiac episode if she came up to ND in the winter and stopped by a local gas station.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#43]
87% sure she is a WA or OR transplant to Florida.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#44]
You should have lit up a cigarette and started talking on your cell phone.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
People have become so accustomed to their safe space that they forget that outside of their little bubble there is a real universe, which frequently pushes back against aggressive behavior.
View Quote

I gave her my standard both candidates suck line... I should probably mention my truck is a beater. I have slightly oversize off road tires and I painted the exterior with tan bed liner. It's always covered in dust/mud and this time around I have blood from an armadillo on the hood.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Same happened to me. Car running, smoking a cigarette and some little dude got all bent. I swear the guy was 5,8".
How can a man stop growing at 12 years of age?
View Quote

Was your sister/wife/cousin filling it up for you?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am on my way to complete my first EE on a lower this morning. When I noticed, my starter seems to be acting up again (it started with a little help). So, I head to the station for some fuel and left my engine running just in case (I am aware I should turn my vehicle off). When some lady pulled up in her Nissan cross over with extremely noisy brakes. I watch her in the reflection of my side window, because she’s standing behind me staring at me with her I need to speak to the manager haircut.

She finally says excuse me, so I ignore her (figured she would go away). Nope, she asks again. So, I turn around say, “Sorry I don’t have spare change.” She demanded I turn my vehicle off and it’s going to blow. I tell her about my starter acting up and that there is no danger of blowing up… She starts calling me a dumb ass Trump supporter (nothing political on my truck). and starts moving toward my passenger door. I told her to back away from my vehicle and leave me the hell alone.

I don’t know why but she seemed to be really pissed with me. Starts yelling about her safety, kids and a bunch of other shit. I am done pumping and I tell her,” Thanks for your opinion, but I don’t give a shit.” I walk around and get in my truck. She standing in my passenger window, holding the bottom of window frame calling me a dumb ass and other crap… Why won’t this bitch leave me alone. So, I tell her she has a higher chance of her brakes failing if she doesn’t get them looked at then us blowing up.

I put the vehicle in drive and she immediately steps back and back so she can take a picture of my plate as I left…

Why do people insist on talk with me? If she had a problem, go tell the clerk… She just wanted to argue with someone.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would have told her to fuck off and mind her own damn business.  

Cars don't "blow" if you leave the engine on while refueling
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd tell them I have a baby in the truck and to fuck off.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top