Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I didnit later in life and I have no regrets. Unfortunately my COC was topped by the Obummer so it sucked seeing his face everyday. The school money alone can make it worth it for some. I'm actually considering going to Med School with my GI and Hazlewood now. If you go to MEPS to ship and you don't feel like running then you probably made a good decision.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seeing that smirking face at the top of the chain of command photos would have turned my stomach.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At the very least you wont have pictures of kenyan1 all over the fucking orderly room.

Seeing that smirking face at the top of the chain of command photos would have turned my stomach.

I agree, it was bad enough having Bill Clinton's smirking face on the wall.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
25 yr Army Retiree

I loved it, best experience of my life, get in now and make sure you don't take the blended retirement plan
if you want to retire at 20 yrs.

I'm 47 and retired, as in sitting home on my ass retired.

Good luck, IM me if you have any questions.

free
View Quote

Only option for those that join now is the new 401k style plan. Lets not forget that pay is decent healthcare is decent and doesnt cost hardly anything compared to the civilian world.

Im 12 years indef. Its tough some days. But wouldnt trade for anything other tyan boatloads of cash.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are the stress cards real? I went to Fort Jackson in early 97 and was told they had them. never saw one. My brother went a couple years later and he never saw one either. Just wondering if they're actually out there or just a military urban legend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You actually have until the UCMJ class the first week of basic to get out free and easy.  Until that class, the three or so oaths you take don't really mean it.  Now a days with PC shit and stress cards, the military isn't hard.

Are the stress cards real? I went to Fort Jackson in early 97 and was told they had them. never saw one. My brother went a couple years later and he never saw one either. Just wondering if they're actually out there or just a military urban legend.

That rumor still exist today. Its just a rumor even though people will tell you they have seen them
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
First off thank you for volunteering.

In order to answer your question I need to know what your ASVAB score was.

if you're going open contract to 50-50 mix. You might end up someplace awesome, you might end up someplace hellish.

If you have a good  score and you joining the Army,  see if you can get into intelligence, drones, communications, crypto, airwing.
View Quote

She said 66th percentile earlier in the thread, so she aint flying anything unless its a paper airplane in the kitchen or a kite in a motor pool.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1. Do what you want to do in the military.
2. Do not sign for more than 4 years.
3. 1st year, just immerse yourself in the job and Army. Learn everything you can about being a soldier and your job.
4. 2nd-3rd year: Find a college that has a degree program you are interested in. A real college..not some "only online" Bullshit. Start taking online courses for that major at said college with TA. Only take 1 at a time and look at the fucking training schedule.  It will be posted and you will be able to see pretty far down the road if anything is coming up that would prevent you from taking a course.  Also, talk to your team leader and ensure there isn't random shit you aren't tracking because you are new. The goal isn't to complete the degree. The goal is to use the "free money" to get classes done..so when you GTFO, you can finish up the degree quickly.
5.If you do sign the papers, you can start learning basic soldiers skills. Phonetic alphabet, rank structure, proper ways to talk to a superior, both NCO/Officer...
6. Go to the range if you want..but don't take what you learn there as the end all be all. The army has been killing people for a long time. Just take what they say and apply it.
7. Realize now, that you are signing up for a job that you will only do about 25% of the time. The other 75%, as a private, will be spent cleaning, formations, getting smoked, bullshit online courses, and overall dumb shit that has nothing to do with your job.  "It is what it is".  
8. If you go Infantry, realize your life exists in two places. The Barracks, where you clean weapons and do details(busy work). The field...where you are outside, regardless of weather...doing long movements and lots of physical repetitions of different tactics and techniques a squad and platoon employ. It's not easy.
9. Enjoy yourself. Make friends. Don't be an asshole and don't be an angry drunk. Don't be a moral standard bearer and don't be a wierdo that spends all day playing video games online, away from the platoon.
10. Save your fucking money. This is going to be the hardest thing for you to accomplish. Going out every weekend is an easy thing to do. Buying a new car because every single fucking military base is surrounded by people who want your money..and can get it...Don't be that guy.

11. Fuck you...get used to it..fuck stick.
View Quote

If you take nothing else from this thread print this out and fucking live it. The Navy will have you doing your job more than other bullshit but the rest applies.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Either do it or dont do it, just stop whining about thinking about it.

and to answer your question " Jesus what did I just do?"

you haven't fucking done anything yet.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The Army SUCKS.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/156634_10100644930506069_1549130248_n.jpg?oh=f725cc4e9c091c79b2a356b319b42d11&oe=58C7214C
No in reality, it's not for everybody. But if it's for you, nothing else will scratch the itch.
View Quote

Lol....

Isn't that Kbay range on the Marine base?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A hint, don't be a dick to your Doc or any Doc in the service.

Your free PSA for the day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Know how I know you won't hack?

Because you already have second thoughts and you haven't even signed anything. That's also how I know the Marines are gonna tell you to get fucked.

Plus waivers aren't as easy to get as they were 8 years ago.

Just go back to the basement and tell people on the internet how you almost joined after the war was over.

Well now I have to join ( if I can) just to prove this fuck head wrong.

A hint, don't be a dick to your Doc or any Doc in the service.

Your free PSA for the day.

We fucked with our Corpsmen all the time.

You have to show them tough love because they aren't Marines.

It's a test. you have to make sure they won't break...so you treat them tough

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1. Do what you want to do in the military.
2. Do not sign for more than 4 years.
3. 1st year, just immerse yourself in the job and Army. Learn everything you can about being a soldier and your job.
4. 2nd-3rd year: Find a college that has a degree program you are interested in. A real college..not some "only online" Bullshit. Start taking online courses for that major at said college with TA. Only take 1 at a time and look at the fucking training schedule.  It will be posted and you will be able to see pretty far down the road if anything is coming up that would prevent you from taking a course.  Also, talk to your team leader and ensure there isn't random shit you aren't tracking because you are new. The goal isn't to complete the degree. The goal is to use the "free money" to get classes done..so when you GTFO, you can finish up the degree quickly.
5.If you do sign the papers, you can start learning basic soldiers skills. Phonetic alphabet, rank structure, proper ways to talk to a superior, both NCO/Officer...
6. Go to the range if you want..but don't take what you learn there as the end all be all. The army has been killing people for a long time. Just take what they say and apply it.
7. Realize now, that you are signing up for a job that you will only do about 25% of the time. The other 75%, as a private, will be spent cleaning, formations, getting smoked, bullshit online courses, and overall dumb shit that has nothing to do with your job.  "It is what it is".  
8. If you go Infantry, realize your life exists in two places. The Barracks, where you clean weapons and do details(busy work). The field...where you are outside, regardless of weather...doing long movements and lots of physical repetitions of different tactics and techniques a squad and platoon employ. It's not easy.
9. Enjoy yourself. Make friends. Don't be an asshole and don't be an angry drunk. Don't be a moral standard bearer and don't be a wierdo that spends all day playing video games online, away from the platoon.
10. Save your fucking money. This is going to be the hardest thing for you to accomplish. Going out every weekend is an easy thing to do. Buying a new car because every single fucking military base is surrounded by people who want your money..and can get it...Don't be that guy.

11. Fuck you...get used to it..fuck stick.
View Quote

Pretty good synopsis, though I was a Marine grunt it still applies. Especially number eleven. If you cant deal with an immense amount of bullshit without losing your shit, you wont be able to hack it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My last firefight was just over 6 months ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Peacetime Army, no thank you.

A shootout in the parking lot of a Leesville strip club doesn't count.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you aren't sure, you should probably not join. Not trying to be a dick, just saying it an important decision that should be at your cores resolve.
View Quote

I'd say the opposite.

Join.  Or you'll regret it for the rest of your life and your regret will only grow with age.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This

If it isn't in your contract you are not getting it.

If you get Airborne or a Ranger contract and fail your PT test you going to Ft Polk the worst duty station

in the Army.

They will have you decide on retirement plans as well.

old plan stay in 20 yrs or more get a paycheck and med care, bad thing don't make it to 20 you may get zero.

New shitty retriement plan is a 401k plan that is good if you don't think your gonna stay in.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/Portals/107/Documents/BlendedRetirementDocuments/FAQ%20for%20BRS.pdf

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

do not believe a word they say they LIE! get EVERYTHING in writing, and READ everything before placing your john handcock on the paperwork!
This

If it isn't in your contract you are not getting it.

If you get Airborne or a Ranger contract and fail your PT test you going to Ft Polk the worst duty station

in the Army.

They will have you decide on retirement plans as well.

old plan stay in 20 yrs or more get a paycheck and med care, bad thing don't make it to 20 you may get zero.

New shitty retriement plan is a 401k plan that is good if you don't think your gonna stay in.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/Portals/107/Documents/BlendedRetirementDocuments/FAQ%20for%20BRS.pdf

Ha!!  This made me laugh on two counts

1)  I was commissioned through ROTC at Texas A&M.   I selected infantry (and got it, like they would turn down anyone for Infantry).  However, I was one of the last in the group to get an assignment:  Ft. Hood, Korea, Germany, etc.  I went to my military advisor and told him I did not have an assignment and I was afraid of getting sent to Ft. Polk because that's where all of the duds go.  The Captain advisor looked up at me and said "Ft Polk was my first assignment."  I chose to remain silent.   Fortunately I went to Germany.

2)  At one time I was the 4.2 Inch Mortar  Platoon leader.  I had a FDC guy who told me on a field exercise that he decided to reenlist "even though the Army fucked me."  Well, I had to ask how he was boned and he told me he always wanted to be a dental hygienist and enlisted to learn dental hygiene.  Recruiter says, "Dental Hygienist you say?  That MOS is 11C"   So he joins up and goes to basic and then AIT.  He tells me that one day in AIT he asks the instructor "hey sergeant, this is really neat learning about mortars and firing guns, but when do we get to the dental hygiene part of training."  That's when he found out he was fucked.  For those that don't know, the MOS 11C is indirect fire infantryman (mortar guy).

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I would have signed up. I made bad decisions and accomplished nothing from 18-25 before I figured out want I wanted out of life.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How old are you?
View Quote

Bingo!  First real job?  Then you should do fine.  Learn a marketable skill while there.  Carrying a rifle around for instance is not a very marketable skill.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just got done talking to an Army recruiter and I told him id join. I didn't sign any papers or anything but I have several waivers to get to. Did I just make a great decision? A fucking awful one? Tell me about your experiences.
View Quote

Based off of you name here (bi gal) you'll fit in just fine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Post your address in Basic so I can send you cookies. https://www.dickboxshop.com/products/send-a-dick-box
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#18]
When you go and see the head shrinker, tell him "I want to kill".

Then start beating on the desk with your fists and keep yelling "I WANT TO KILL"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Airforce.  Better chow.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever watch a TV Special about Green Berets and wonder if you have what it takes to be part of the SOF brotherhood?   I don't.

Ever watch 9/11 footage and wished you could have done something to avenge the deaths of the 2996 person murdered by Islamic Terrorists?  I don't.

Ever hoped you could be part of something bigger than yourself?  I don't.

18Z50......

Well damn...that's a kick to the feels.  I'll always be proud of my service but I certainly didn't serve in the capacity I would have liked to.  Respect to you guys.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Can anyone speak to going direct commission into the Army?

I am working with a recruiter now, long process, but I'm older, heavier (only a bit fat, but pretty strong, which is useless on the PT). Have a STEM degree, and 99 asvab, but shit grades.
I'm betting I've got a 50/50 on getting the commission. If they offer it to me, I will most likely take it.

Recruiter told me officers don't get to dictate their MOS or schools before OCS, but they always get airborne/ranger school and infantry if they want it.
How true is that? I want to do the schools, and don't want to end up doing stupid shit (I like being busy, don't want to get stuck somewhere).

Also, which MOS are best for jobs on the outside?
How do postings go, was told officers spend 3 years and then relocate. Is this with families included?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I read your user name as big gal three times... sorry, I apologize, but it is GD
View Quote

I read it as Bi Gal  
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Recruiter told me officers don't get to dictate their MOS or schools before OCS, but they always get airborne/ranger school and infantry if they want it.
How true is that? I want to do the schools, and don't want to end up doing stupid shit (I like being busy, don't want to get stuck somewhere).

How do postings go, was told officers spend 3 years and then relocate. Is this with families included?
View Quote

I believe you get to put in a preference list for MOS and then it is determined by how well you do during the course. Airborne/Ranger gives you qualifications, but doesn't mean you are an infantryman.
In the army, doing stupid shit is unavoidable.

Aviation is pretty cool. They teach you to fly. I also know a few people in IT, but besides that, I don't know of any STEM degree applications in the army off hand.
3 years is normal. They're called manning cycles. It is not uncommon to have someone stay in one location longer, but it is usually at the cost of your career. Apparently, an officer that stays in one place doesn't display versatility.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Join the French Foreign Legion instead
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#25]
OP, thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In regards to your thread title, you didn't do a damn thing.
View Quote

He did something most here do. They talk about joining, but don't actually do it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Dude, the OP is female.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, OP is in Montana, so probably busts for smoking the reefer and fucking a sheep.

Dude, the OP is female.

Scissoring is a real thing.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are exceptions. What is the deployment tempo to combat zones compared to 5-10 years ago?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Do it. Sign up. Don't look back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was 26 now 35.

I was faced with several medical waivers and scored low on the asvab. One Waiver was for being hypothyroid and not overweight. Two was the hernia surgery at 16. Three was for Raynauds Phenomenon. It's a vascular thing NOT related to stress but according to the enlistment standards, It was not waiverable and claimed to be caused by stress.

It's not for everyone but the moment you step in a recruiters office you better be 100% on board. Don't waste their time.

View Quote

I joined when I was 35....wish I did it earlier in life.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What's a handcock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

do not believe a word they say they LIE! get EVERYTHING in writing, and READ everything before placing your john handcock on the paperwork!

What's a handcock?

It's what you have to give the recruiter if you want any guarantees.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
He hasn't done anything yet!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not a mistake, but you might want to check out all the services so you can make the best decision for yourself.

View Quote

This, ifor you can get in the air force or navy you would be much better off career wise once you get out...unless you want to be a lifer, or grunt. Then go Marines....this is coming from a former Army field artillerymen. The Army has gotten way to soft.

P.s. I did enjoy the Army, when I first got in, but it slowly got gayer and gayer, then ACU retardation started and it just got mind numbing stupid.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I am working with a recruiter now, long process, but I'm older, heavier (only a bit fat, but pretty strong, which is useless on the PT). Have a STEM degree, and 99 asvab, but shit grades.

I'm betting I've got a 50/50 on getting the commission. If they offer it to me, I will most likely take it.

View Quote

I thought direct commissions were only for specific needs, such as lawyers and doctors?  Thought everyone else enlisted on an OCS contract?  I wouldn't bet on getting Ranger after OCS, but Airborne shouldn't be an issue.  Not everybody who requests infantry gets it, or can handle it.  My brother got lucky - he got Ordnance, but there's a program for officers in branches that don't need many second lieutenants but need more captains to send them infantry at first, then they're supposed to switch back to their original branch later.  He was able to transfer permanently to infantry (he only had ordnance on his list because our dad was career ordnance, which was also why he was careful not to bitch too much about not getting combat arms :-) ).  He also commissioned through ROTC at a military school, not OCS.

The entire Army runs on stupid shit, and officers are in the thick of it.  Even combat arms officers will spend more time on staff assignments  than they will in leadership positions, my brother is currently a brigade S-3 doing planning and operations for his infantry brigade.  It's been at least three years since his last command position, he's been in for twelve years and three, maybe four, of them were in leadership positions.  About a year of platoon leader time (might not even be that much, he was put on a MITT for their Iraq deployment) and two company command positions, one of which was cut short before a full year due to an IED in Afghanistan.

For outside jobs, combat arms has the fewest direct civilian employment opportunities, not many civilian companies need someone who can lead a battalion into combat, although the leadership skills can help.  As an example, I have a friend who got his commission through the Guard in the early '90's, went to the federal OCS at Ft. Benning, not state OCS.  Initial branch of infantry, then Special Forces.  He didn't stay career (not as many slots in the Guard) and worked as a distribution manager for a warehouse company for years, although he's now a VP for his company.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No obligation until you sign....your experience is solely based on you....some love it some hate it

I loved it
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No you won't get infantry if you want it. You have to compete for it. The infantry slots went to the top 10 of almost 200 candidates in my class, so be prepared to not suck if you want to contribute to the everlasting glory of the infantry.
And no, not everybody gets ranger either. Not even all infantry officers. I'd say about the top 80% of infantry 2lts goes.
Yes. After 3 years you will go to the captains career course for your MOS and relocate with your family.
If you're not committed to being over 300 on the pt test every time, don't go infantry. Your men deserve it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't think these safe spacers  could spend a night in a WWll  barracks and no hot water    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't think these safe spacers  could spend a night in a WWll  barracks and no hot water    
Quoted:
All my experiences were before this liberal progressive shmuck turned us into the Rainbow Coalition in camoflauge so I'm not sure my experiences would be able to help you.

And community shitters, trough urinals, and gang rape showers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know

Hey, Thank You for your service
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At the very least you wont have pictures of kenyan1 all over the fucking orderly room.

Meh, just roll with the punches.  I'll have had 4 presidents for CIC when I get out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got done talking to an Army recruiter and I told him id join. I didn't sign any papers or anything but I have several waivers to get to. Did I just make a great decision? A fucking awful one? Tell me about your experiences.

Hahahaahahahahah, oh sweet Jesus. I owe you a beer !
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

What did you just do?

Nothing.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'd say the opposite.

Join.  Or you'll regret it for the rest of your life and your regret will only grow with age.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you aren't sure, you should probably not join. Not trying to be a dick, just saying it an important decision that should be at your cores resolve.

I'd say the opposite.

yup
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That rumor still exist today. Its just a rumor even though people will tell you they have seen them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You actually have until the UCMJ class the first week of basic to get out free and easy.  Until that class, the three or so oaths you take don't really mean it.  Now a days with PC shit and stress cards, the military isn't hard.

Haha, stress cards.  People still think that bullshit is real?  The test cycle for those was an unsubstantiated rumor even back in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Just more curmudgeon-ish uphill both ways in the snow nonsense.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so 8 months then?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'd say the opposite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say the opposite.

This.

I hate the thought that everyone joining the military needs steely resolve and ironclad fortitude or forget about trying.   The military is where shitdick punks get those types of values forcibly injected into their life.  People should come out like that, not necessarily go in that way.   Unfortunately the reality is that 99% of the military is super easy and doesnt require much of anything at all.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you really want to go in the service, I would suggest Air Force.  I know there is much hate here but you will find that the AF is a faaaar better place to serve, with outstanding food and a lot better treatment.  Most of the military occupations are technical but if you want combat arms stuff you could try for the Security Forces (formerly Air Police/Security Police) where its much more like infantry but without having to sleep in your own filth in the dirt and weeds for weeks on end.  Also the women are way hotter.

LOL

Haha. Guntoter are you trolling?  Fucking security forces are like the infantry. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Having been a 11B I take offense to this. Lemme guess you are "SF"?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Until 6 months of Active Duty, it's still relatively easy to get out. I knew people who dropped out in DEP for USAF (signed paperwork), people who got entry level separations in Basic (failure to adapt), and people who couldn't hack it in Tech School (still ELS, I think).

Do whatever makes you happy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL you mean pricks, I think OP dun r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

Man, who didn't have second thoughts?  I know I did and I'd been planning on enlisting since I was a kid.  I signed up for 0311 and scheduled to ship to PI in Aug cuz I wanted the WHOLE Marine Corps experience with the swampy heat and humidity and sand fleas and screaming DIs.  Shit, I woulda signed up for 3rd Bn if it had been an option!  

But when I went to AFEES and spent 87 hours of soul crushing boredom and embarrassment with the paperwork and the poking and the prodding and the bending over, fucked if I didn't wonder if I'd made a horrible mistake and think maybe I should have signed up for college like my daddy told me to.

But, in the end, an Air Force major convinced me to raise my right hand.  She had the blondest hair, the bluest eyes, and the most magnificent tits straining to pop out of her too tight blouse, I don't even remember reciting the oath.

Just go for it.  Be careful who you hang out with, take advantage of every in-service benefit, see the fucking world, fuck the fucking world, and have fun.  Don't even think about getting married, don't even think about having a steady girlfriend, I have fucked whores from coast to coast and from the Med to Bangkok and back again, it was the best time of my life.  Did I have regrets about that period of my life?  Non, je ne regrette rien!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lolzers
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top