Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 6:11:26 PM EDT
I'm looking into buying a digital camera anyone know of any good sites or good cameras, looking to spend between $200 and $250. thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Goosey..  Circuit city has great cameras at your price range..  and maybe a little more [:)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Search Google.

I settled in that price range.  I got a Sony DSC-P32.  3Meg pixil, variable controls on exposure, zoom, flash memory stick for memory, software, nice pics.  Comes with battery charger and recharge batteries.  They last 3 hrs full operation.  LED screen for pic review on camera.

$218 at Walmart.  Memory stick was $40 more for 130 high quality photos.  Up to 6 min of movie with sound.  Good camera.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out www.dpreview.com for info.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually i was going to look at Circuit City on saturday, so I was just going to look online for nw but thanks anyways, and thanks for the site idah0bound.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
When evaluating prices and the ammount of money you're comfortable spending, keep in mind that you'll probably want to add a secondary battery and more storage to the camera you get.

NsB
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I have heard Canon digital cameras are good.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]
go with canon or sony, they are the best.

for some reviews, go to

[url]http://www.steves-digicams.com/[/url]

[url]www.dpreview.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]

deimos
 7/1/2003 11:09:42 PM
When evaluating prices and the ammount of money you're comfortable spending, keep in mind that you'll probably want to add a secondary battery and more storage to the camera you get.[quote\]

Very true, I know I'll probably need two batteries and maybe a 128 memory card
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#11]

yeah..  anything over 399. at Circuit City  is intrest free for a year.  

You can also add a few more goodies if you ask too..  your sales person will have to get it approved, but I havent been turned down yet..I loaded a few smaller items on that deal and got everything intrest free.

I bought an Olympus and am happy with mine..
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Find the camera you want...I just got a Canon S50(love it)...then check www.pricescan.com and www.pricewatch.com to find the lowest price on the internet. Don't necessarily buy the from lowest, check around for a reputable dealer, but you will definitely get a good deal.
Don't forget you will probably need more memory, oh, I see you have said that already. I got a 512mb cf card for $99 after rebate.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Go to www.newegg.com and get a Kodak DX4330 and the dock to go with it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#14]
I used a Nikon coolpix 3100. 3.2 mp, 3x zoom and pretty much in your price range.
Here the link with a pic I recently took with it.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=193783[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Check out Canon G3 or G4  sweet camera

Dont go to circuit shitty- they suck

go to Jandr.com and get a decent price (ask for their best price) unlike circuit shitty's suggested retail price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Do not buy at retail.  Not only are there a plethora of online deals, but if you pick up a PhotoGraphic magazine (or Popular Photography) you can save a fortune by ordering from one of the clearing houses in NY, MI, or wherever they are.  I have ordered from Abe's, Tri State, B&H (not such a good deal anymore), and a couple others, all with good luck.  If you invest a few minutes in going to the bookstore you can save yourself 30-35% on the camera.

BTW, I worked at Ritz for a year and STILL ordered all my stuff this way.

shooter
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, I was expecting this thread to go way into the back pages by this morning, but I come on and theres about 6 new replys, thanks for all the ideas everyone.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Also, don't be afraid to go to Best Buy or one of the electronics stores so you can get your hands on a camera and see if you like the feel.  However, only buy from them if they take the time to educate you on the cameras available.  ANd take a good look at the Olympus seris of cameras, especially any that have the f1.8 aperture, they are better in low light.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#19]
i got a canon powershot a70 about 3 weeks ago.
It is 3.2mp and cost me $299, i also bought a 128mb flash card with it so that was another $39...and then i bought 10pk of 2000mah AA batteries and a 1 hour charger, that was another $52. Then I bought the canon 2.4x telconverter, that was another $120 as well as a close up lens set for another $40...dang it got expensive.

They make a 2.0mp version of this camera called the canon powershot a60, it can be had for $250 or less.

We got my pops a powershot a70 for fathers day, and it makes him look good...and I liked the camera so much I had to buy one. I used 6months no interest financing from compusa..should have the camera payed off in a month or two.

DO NOT GET A CAMERA IF IT ONLY HAS DIGITAL ZOOM..digital zoom is a gimmick. 2-3x optical zoom is standard now anyways.

here are some photos ive recently taken with my cam... some are with zoom addon, some are with close up, some are plane jane...either way they are all awesome! and the camera wins bang for buck catagory.

[url]http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/photos/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also, don't be afraid to go to Best Buy or one of the electronics stores so you can get your hands on a camera and see if you like the feel.  However, only buy from them if they take the time to educate you on the cameras available.  ANd take a good look at the Olympus seris of cameras, especially any that have the f1.8 aperture, they are better in low light.
View Quote

Watch out for those REAL CHEAP places...I spent 3 hours on the phone w/4 of them last Sunday-Don't even try calling on Sat since most are closed.  Anyway after playing lets make a deal...to a shop, they said OK, you'll have it in 4to6 weeks.  As it must be shipped in from their European Warehouse-That's why they want to sell those ripoff extra warantees, can you say Gray Market!

60 bucks for this-25 for that 199 for a 3 yr somethingelse.  Shit I went to CircuitCity and walked out w/it-BangZoom, no hassle/no shit NO INTEREST for a yr.  Got the Sony CD500 which uses Mini DVD's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top