Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 5:55:17 PM EDT
Where have I been to have just discovered this nectar of the gods? I used to think Crown Royal® was the best. You try this and you'll throw rocks at Crown! Eating fresh picked peaches and cream corn from my garden and drinking Wild Turkey Rye Whiskey! Who wants to be me?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:19:33 PM EDT
I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when l'm dry, If the hard times don't kill me, I'll lay down and die. Rye whisky, rye whisky, Rye whisky, I cry, If you don't give me rye whisky, I surely will die. I'll tune up my fiddle, And I'll rosin my bow, I'll make myself welcome, Wherever I go. Beefsteak when I'm hungry, Red liquor when I'm dry, Greenbacks when I'm hard up, And religion when I die. They say I drink whisky, My money's my own; All them that don't like me, Can leave me alone. Sometimes I drink whisky, Sometimes I drink rum, Sometimes I drink brandy, At other times none. But if I get boozy, My whisky's my own, And them that don't like me, Can leave me alone. Jack o' diamonds, jack o' diamonds, I know you of old, You've robbed my poor pockets Of silver and gold. Oh, whisky, you villain, You've been my downfall, You've kicked me, you've cuffed me, But I love you for all. If the ocean was whisky, And I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom To get one sweet suck. But the ocean ain't whisky And I ain't a duck, So we'll round up the cattle And then we'll get drunk. My foot's in my stirrup, My bridle's in my hand, l'm leaving sweet Lillie, The fairest in the land. Her parents don't like me, They say l'm too poor; They say I'm unworthy To enter her door. Sweet milk when l'm hungry, Rye whisky when l'm dry, If a tree don't fall on me, I'll live till I die. I'll buy my own whisky, I'll make my own stew, If I get drunk, madam, It's nothing to you. I'll drink my own whisky, I'll drink my own wine, Some ten thousand bottles I've killed in my time. I've no wife to quarrel No babies to bawl; The best way of living Is no wife at all. Way up on Clinch Mountain I wander alone, l'm as drunk as the devil, Oh, let me alone. You may boast of your knowledge An' brag of your sense, 'Twill all be forgotten A hundred years hence.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:23:56 PM EDT
welcome to the club! [url=http://www.asterius.com/cocktails/rye.html]have i got a link for you[/url] i like Sazerac Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey. [img]http://www.asterius.com/cocktails/gfx/photo.rye.sazerac.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:38:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2003 6:40:32 PM EDT by cyrax777]
Thanks for the informative link 308wood. Edit for Spelling.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:39:20 PM EDT
308 ole bud, thanks for the link! I have two of the whiskeys mentioned on my counter as we converse! If the legal definition of a rye whiskey has 51% rye, then a true single malt should be breath takingly devine! I will let you know the results when my friend[;D] makes a batch of single malt rye. Malted rye and rye together in a mash. This might be the end of me. I hope to have an experimental distillers liscense soon. You can make 200 gallons a year but you can't sell a drop. What ever will I do with all those spirits?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:31:29 PM EDT
I like wild turkey Rye-hard to get though
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:02:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Noname:
I'll eat when I'm hungry, I'll drink when l'm dry, If the hard times don't kill me, I'll lay down and die. Rye whisky, rye whisky, Rye whisky, I cry, If you don't give me rye whisky, I surely will die. I'll tune up my fiddle, And I'll rosin my bow, I'll make myself welcome, Wherever I go. Beefsteak when I'm hungry, Red liquor when I'm dry, Greenbacks when I'm hard up, And religion when I die. They say I drink whisky, My money's my own; All them that don't like me, Can leave me alone. Sometimes I drink whisky, Sometimes I drink rum, Sometimes I drink brandy, At other times none. But if I get boozy, My whisky's my own, And them that don't like me, Can leave me alone. Jack o' diamonds, jack o' diamonds, I know you of old, You've robbed my poor pockets Of silver and gold. Oh, whisky, you villain, You've been my downfall, You've kicked me, you've cuffed me, But I love you for all. If the ocean was whisky, And I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom To get one sweet suck. But the ocean ain't whisky And I ain't a duck, So we'll round up the cattle And then we'll get drunk. My foot's in my stirrup, My bridle's in my hand, l'm leaving sweet Lillie, The fairest in the land. Her parents don't like me, They say l'm too poor; They say I'm unworthy To enter her door. Sweet milk when l'm hungry, Rye whisky when l'm dry, If a tree don't fall on me, I'll live till I die. I'll buy my own whisky, I'll make my own stew, If I get drunk, madam, It's nothing to you. I'll drink my own whisky, I'll drink my own wine, Some ten thousand bottles I've killed in my time. I've no wife to quarrel No babies to bawl; The best way of living Is no wife at all. Way up on Clinch Mountain I wander alone, l'm as drunk as the devil, Oh, let me alone. You may boast of your knowledge An' brag of your sense, 'Twill all be forgotten A hundred years hence.
View Quote
View Quote
wow, I had that album when I was a kid, used to play that song because it pissed off my sister. [;D] She finally destroyed it. That was Tex Ritter, right?
Top Top