[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BS   You let others hit your kid?
Or maybe you don't have any so you don't know what the fuck you're talking about
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of pussies in this thread, kid was disruptive and disobeyed the teacher, and deserved to be punished.

Kids need more punishment in school instead of being allowed to get away with whatever crap they want.
Or maybe you don't have any so you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

I'm still trying to figure out how physical abuse is supposed to incite a positive outcome and change in a child. It's abuse, plain and simple, if you actually cared for your kid, how the fuck could you allow some stranger to beat them and shrug it off like "hey, they fucked up, that's what happens when you fuck up, someone is going to tune you up"? I'd kick someones ass if they kicked my fucking dog, let alone putting their hands on my kid, FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What the fuck is wrong with detention after school ? That is what happened to me when I fucked up. I could care less if he wrote the Popes name on the chalkboard. He was told not to do it and did it anyway. Beating the kids behind is excessive but a half hour to hour detention to think about your actions seems fair.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What the fuck is wrong with detention after school ? That is what happened to me when I fucked up. I could care less if he wrote the Popes name on the chalkboard. He was told not to do it and did it anyway. Beating the kids behind is excessive but a half hour to hour detention to think about your actions seems fair.
View Quote

The kid chose the paddle
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The kid chose the paddle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kid chose the paddle

Well, the kid made his choice...
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
What sort of backwards-ass school still paddles students?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Good paddle.  We need more of it.

Your kid was given a direct order and refused to follow.  You want Marines killed...this is how Marines get killed.

Now abut the sensitive election part...we have a problem
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It sounds to me like it could be a case of protest. Pretty smart actually - it's much harder to twist your words when they're written in plain sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disruptive student, fails to follow directions and gets disciplined.  What's the problem? Did his baby "didn't do nothing"?

My initial suspicion as well

I can't recall ever writing on the board in K-12 without being told to do so by the teacher first

It sounds to me like it could be a case of protest. Pretty smart actually - it's much harder to twist your words when they're written in plain sight.

Stupid actually.

"non public forum" for constitutional analysis purposes.

school can limit speech as long as politically neutral. So pepe shirts, for example, are out

besides, still doesn't get around the "why is he writing on the board when he is not supposed to question"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Did you even ready the story?

The school called the parent and have him a choice of punishment for his son: "paddled, or spend the day in in-school suspension."

He refused to choose so the school chose for him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you even ready the story?

The school called the parent and have him a choice of punishment for his son: "paddled, or spend the day in in-school suspension."

He refused to choose so the school chose for him.

You didnt read the story.  The kid chose his own
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seems a bit excessive to me.

Do a Bart Simpson and write a 100 lines on a chalkboard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disruptive student, fails to follow directions and gets disciplined.  What's the problem? Did his baby "didn't do nothing"?

Seems a bit excessive to me.

Do a Bart Simpson and write a 100 lines on a chalkboard.

Write "I will not write Trump on the chalkboard anymore." 100 times...
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like Chad got triggered and decided to take it out on a 14 year old.

eta: the more i think about this the more i like it, if the cost of triggering some safe space teachers and students is just a paddling that is well worth it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I would pay a kid to write Hillary or Bernie on the board, and if that kid doesn't get the same punishment as the boy that wrote Trump, the lawsuit would be so damn sweet. Usually I don't support lawsuits against schools, but I think this would be an exception. This could prove the bias in school, get some shitty admins fired, oh yes.

Edit: After reading this more it seems that the kid could have chose detention instead of getting beat? Or did he not have a choice?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I do not have a problem if truely warranted. That being said. For fucking writing the president elect of the United States of America name on the board. Hell yeah I'd have a problem with that. I bet you if he wrote fucking Hillary nothing would have been said.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
"You fucking people" who banned punishment in schools are responsible for the pussification of America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In all fairness, was the kid being a PITA, and did it for spite? Then yeah, he deserved it.
You fucking people thinking it's OK to hit your kid are messed up  

"You fucking people" who banned punishment in schools are responsible for the pussification of America.
It's interesting how ARFCOM is always dreaming about going back to the way things were in the 50s, when America was pure awesome, but as soon as a school hands out some 50s style punishment everyone loses their minds.  I see the "my baby didn't do nothing" mentality is just as prevalent among the right as it is the left.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I do not have a problem if truely warranted. That being said. For fucking writing the president elect of the United States of America name on the board. Hell yeah I'd have a problem with that. I bet you if he wrote fucking Hillary nothing would have been said.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. These modern school systems are such shit, such liberal indoctrinating shit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Talladega County is heavily republican.  I doubt the school is nearly as full of lefties as everyone here assumes.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#21]
"Stephenson said he spoke with a school official Monday morning who told him his son was paddled not because he wrote "Trump" on the board, but because he wrote anything on the board at all.   "

I am calling BS on this.

If they wrote "Apple" or "sushi" or "Hillary" on the board, they would not be in the same Trouble. But everyone at that school is butthurt their side did not win so he has to get beaten by the authorities. Like in the article...... "or two weeks leading up to the Nov. 8 election, Stephenson said, the students had been given homework assignments to watch election coverage and study the process. It's only natural, he said, that the students would continue those discussions after the election results came in. "You piqued their interest, and then when the candidate you wanted to win didn't win, you want it hush-hush," he said. "That's what it looks like to me.""

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#22]
In for the payday...
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bunch of pussies in this thread, kid was disruptive and disobeyed the teacher, and deserved to be punished.

Kids need more punishment in school instead of being allowed to get away with whatever crap they want.
View Quote

Then give the student a day of in school suspension. Only parents should have the right to lay hands on a student.

I hope the school system has to write a fat check.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
My thoughts exactly. These modern school systems are such shit, such liberal indoctrinating shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you expect when the parents remove the school's ability to punish disruptive students.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#25]

>Public schools are nothing but left wing marxist liberal indoctrination centers, full of moonbat liberals brainwashing kids.

> its perfectly ok for them to use physical force against children who are "disruptive"
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Then give the student a day of in school suspension. Only parents should have the right to lay hands on a student.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They gave the parents and student the option to choose ISS or paddling.  The student chose paddling.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's interesting how ARFCOM is always dreaming about going back to the way things were in the 50s, when America was pure awesome, but as soon as a school hands out some 50s style punishment everyone loses their minds.  I see the "my baby didn't do nothing" mentality is just as prevalent among the right as it is the left.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In all fairness, was the kid being a PITA, and did it for spite? Then yeah, he deserved it.

Would you get your ass paddled for writing the President elects name on the board. I truely doubt it. Worst case maybe yelled at.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#28]
When we wrote on the chalkboard we got told the sit the fuck down......in the nicest way possible.

Hell we had 2 girls who did nothing but see how fast they could get the science teacher to send them to the office. They didn't get spanked and this was back when if you got a spanking at school you got one at home.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Things are a little different there than Texas

Code Section16-1-24.1
Punishment AllowedLocal school boards to adopt code for conduct and discipline of students.
Circumstances AllowableExcept in the case of excessive force or cruel and unusual punishment, no certified or noncertified employee of the State Board of Education or any local board of education shall be civilly liable for any action carried out in conformity with state law and system or school rules regarding the control, discipline, suspension, and expulsion of students.
View Quote
That is pretty much the 'loco parentis' doctrine codified. They have parental control over your child in place of the parent.

My question is, after the parent has been notified and asks them to cease and desist going ahead with any discipline until their arrival, would that negate the 'loco parentis' capacity? 

Incidentally, I never attended school in Texas. 
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
What type of school still has a blackboard How about a smart whiteboard

Dad should treat Chad Bynum to a knuckle sandwich

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Funny, as a side note, remember when Obama won, a teacher made her kids sing a tribute song about Obama - people were pissed at the indoctrination (and I bet no one was paddled).  

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Would you get your ass paddled for writing the President elects name on the board. I truely doubt it. Worst case maybe yelled at.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't know.  The fear of getting paddled always kept me in line when I was a student.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Did they ban political speech or the word Obama four and eight years ago ? Doubt it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I know and you know, that there is a double standard going on.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Whoever paddled my child had better be ready to paddle me, too.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#36]
call the cops
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#37]
A Guide to Corporal Punishment
For Those Who've Never Done It

It's been a few years since I was a class clown, but here's generally how it works:

1.  Parents can opt-out of corporal punishment.  At the beginning of the year, parents can send a "no-paddle" letter to the administration.  The student gets a note saying that paddling is off the table, and detention/suspension is automatically the punishment of choice.  The student gets those parent notifications, and serves detention for anything landing them in the principal's office.  If you've got an enterprising youngster, they're smart enough to throw it away before they get to school.

2.  The student has the choice.  The principal gives the student an option- X number of licks/ swats/ paddles, or X number of detentions/suspensions.  Usually they are the same- 2 licks with the paddle or 2 days detention.  In my school, the max was 2 licks- if the magic number was three (IIRC) you couldn't opt for 2 licks and a detention.  But I never saw three consecutive hits.

3.  A gun-and-badge Police Officer supervised. This may not be the case in EVERY Alabama school, but in my experience there's an LEO there to witness it so there's no question of "physical abuse."  Likewise, it was same-genders only.  No male principal with female students and vice versa.  (Incidentally, our butch female D.A.R.E. Officer had a reputation for being worse than the male principal ).  You simply put your hands on the table, took your wallet out of your back pocket, took the swat, put your wallet in your pocket and picked up a hall pass.  Badda bing.

4.  No marks, no bruises, no hurt. Unless the kid bruises like a month old peach, it didn't leave a mark.  It stung, but "hurt" isn't the word.  It was the kind of sting you get from falling on your ass.  You go "ow," rub your skin, and that's that.  By the time you got to the classroom, you had an embarrassed look on your face and a defiant smirk.  Especially if you were a frequent flier and the teachers knew it didn't scare you to see the big ole paddle board.  Then you just swaggered on in like a badass .

5.  The student ALWAYS CHOOSES THE PADDLE.  The paddle is over quick and easy.  Now, you may notice that kids are smart, and they realize that a detention lasts 87 times as long as a paddle.  They also notice that a note/call doesn't NECESSARILY go to the parent with a paddling.  It's usually an on-the-spot correction.  So, paddling runs a lower risk of landing you in hot water with your parents.  If you're smart enough to throw away the opt-out letter at the beginning of the school year, your misdeeds can go unnoticed by your parents as long as you never get an actual suspension.

6.  Yes, you can get paddled for anything. It's the catchall behavior fixer.  Did your test on a Post-It note, then argued with the teacher that it's not against the rules?  One lick.  Ducked out of class 5 min before the bell and got caught in the hall?  One lick.  Asked a girl if she was a Master Debater?  Lol two licks and please-don't-call-my-parents.

....it's really not that big a deal.  Once you hit puberty and start challenging authority, you warm up to the concept pretty quick.  I freakin loved the paddle as a teenager- it was my get out of jail free card with misbehaving at school, away from my parents.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Code Section16-1-24.1
Punishment AllowedLocal school boards to adopt code for conduct and discipline of students.
Circumstances AllowableExcept in the case of excessive force or cruel and unusual punishment, no certified or noncertified employee of the State Board of Education or any local board of education shall be civilly liable for any action carried out in conformity with state law and system or school rules regarding the control, discipline, suspension, and expulsion of students.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the parents directed them to wait until a parent arrived and they used corporal punishment before that parent arrived...I'd go scorched earf on the AP, the Principal, and the school board, collectively and individually. Nobody would be immune to litigation. 

I realize schools can act 'loco parentis' but after contacting the parents, I'm curious how that applies. 

Code Section16-1-24.1

You do understand the free speech angle, right?  Civil rights. They admitted to placing a restriction on speech about the election to "history class."
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No one touches my kid, period. You want to see one mean pissed off mother fucker, try that shit, go ahead, try it.
View Quote

Lol.  Wish my dad would have had that approach.  He would have handled them the fucking paddle with a smile if I was being a shit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Talladega County is heavily republican.  I doubt the school is nearly as full of lefties as everyone here assumes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the post it sounded like it upset someone an aweful lot. Enough to hit the boy with a paddle. For writing the next president of the United States of America's name on the board. Worst case a good talking to and explained to him why the illegal and liberal people were whining about it. But instead assaulted his ass with a board for showing his patriotism about the election. He did not know the extent of the mob hatred of these people. I would go as far to say that I bet it pissed off the school faculty more than the students,  If he did he wouldn't wrote President Trump from out of fear.

I just cannot imagine a child getting their ass paddled in school for writing a Presidents name on the board. Some look at it as punishment. I look at it as UN-AMERICAN

Now if the boy had really done something bad to deserve I'd not have a problem. I believe in discipline at school. But this my friend was far from discipline. This was retribution of a Trump supporter and they took it out on their kid.

I'd take this to court in front of a conservative jury
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

physical abuse.... abuse.... beat them.... tune you up....

You have no idea what you're talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out how physical abuse is supposed to incite a positive outcome and change in a child. It's abuse, plain and simple, if you actually cared for your kid, how the fuck could you allow some stranger to beat them and shrug it off like "hey, they fucked up, that's what happens when you fuck up, someone is going to tune you up"? I'd kick someones ass if they kicked my fucking dog, let alone putting their hands on my kid, FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!!!

Actually, you're wrong. When I was in first grade my male teacher hauled me down to the boiler room of the school and paddled me with no other adults in the room, just the two of us. This wasn't some light smack on the ass with a switch, I'm talking one of these and not just one hit, multiple.

You know why? Because the kid behind me in class, kept fucking with me and I continually turned around to tell him to quit. Although I told my teacher multiple times I was being fucked with he never caught the other kid just me. So down to the boiler room we went. Guess what? My mom was never called, my dad was never informed, as far as I know the principal wasn't even notified. But, the school had a piece of paper that allowed them to do it, because my mom said it was o.k.

If I went up to some random person and took a paddle to their ass because they annoyed me, I'd be in jail, but we should be fine with that happening to our kids, what a great idea.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#42]

When I was in school I took the paddle over detention everytime.  Fuck being stuck at school late or on the weekends.  They never even came close to hurting.  Coaches and the extra conditioning consequences kept most athletes in line once in high school.

Stop being pussies.  Stop raising pussies.  Yall act like they beat the kid in the face.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The father of an eighth-grade Childersburg boy said his son was paddled at school for writing "Trump" on the blackboard, and he's livid.

"I don't think you ought to be punished for writing the president's name,'' Troy Stephenson told Al.com. "Yeah, I'm pretty mad."

The incident happened Thursday at Childersburg Middle School. This is what was written on the Talladega County Schools Discipline Referral Form sent home with the student: "Students were told on yesterday because of the sensitivity of the matter, not to discuss the election unless it was in history class. They were told any discussion would result in an office referral. (The student) decided to write "Trump" on my board this morning, disregarding others that were in the classroom. This resulted in some upset students. I informed the student that the name (it could have been the other candidate) wasn't the issue. But it was the nature of everything behind it."

In Childersburg, Stephenson said the school called him and told him what happened. They then asked him if he'd rather his 14-year-old get paddled, or spend the day in in-school suspension. "I said I didn't think they should be punished at all,'' Stephenson said. "They said it caused a disruption."

He told the school his wife was on her way, but if they couldn't wait for her to arrive, they should let his son make the decision. "I told them 'I don't want you to do anything,'' he said.

By the time his wife arrived, the young teen had already been paddled by Assistant Principal Chad Bynum,

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/11/alabama_8th-grader_paddled_for.html

Somebody needs an ass whipping and it's not the student.

View Quote
When you force people to pin up and hold there emotions, it ends in and explosion. Idiots that don't see this are the ones that are surprised the most when the explosion happens and it will happen and quite possible not in a way that is good for anyone.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Actually, you're wrong. When I was in first grade my male teacher hauled me down to the boiler room of the school and paddled me with no other adults in the room, just the two of us. This wasn't some light smack on the ass with a switch, I'm talking one of these and not just one hit, multiple.
http://kambricrews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/small_paddle_with_holes-300x178.jpg

You know why? Because the kid behind me in class, kept fucking with me and I continually turned around to tell him to quit. Although I told my teacher multiple times I was being fucked with he never caught the other kid just me. So down to the boiler room we went. Guess what? My mom was never called, my dad was never informed, as far as I know the principal wasn't even notified. But, the school had a piece of paper that allowed them to do it, because my mom said it was o.k.

If I went up to some random person and took a paddle to their ass because they annoyed me, I'd be in jail, but we should be fine with that happening to our kids, what a great idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://kambricrews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/small_paddle_with_holes-300x178.jpg

Sounds like you need to take it up with your mom.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh i'd be livid if I was that kids father.

If students arent allowed to write on the board unless directed too, got it, punishment is due. HOWEVER punishment must fit the crime, corperal punishment for writing any non-profane anything on the board...HELL NO! Either there is a lot more to this story, or that teacher needs to find a new job.

ETA: I'm fine with spankings, and I'm fine with someone else doing it IF I know and trust that person and my kid deserves it as a punishment, and it's dealt out appropriately.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#49]
This is why hymNO one but my wife and I will ever touch our children
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Way back when I went to public school ...

Kids received corporal punishment for wrong doing.....

And the schools were actually civilized.

During PE we were playing this game "gatorball", a cross between football and soccer.  I scored on the other team's goalie and he said "I'm gonna get you."

It was junior high, and the football equipment was in the locker room separated by a floor to ceiling chain link fence.  The goalie climbed up to the top of that fence across from my locker and jumped me when I came in.  We fought and "Coach" broke it up and sent us to the principal's office.  I protested that he jumped me and I was simply protecting myself.

Didn't matter.

We both got five licks and they did hurt.

We both walked back to the locker room talking about how the vice-principal could put a good swing on that paddle and everything was cool.

That would have been about 1969 or 70.

So, this kid disobeys and writes something he knows will be disruptive on the chalk board?

Good paddle.
Page / 3
Top Top