Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:13:34 PM EDT
i seen sumwhere *rolls eyes* a nice book for keepin an inventory on firearms , etc..thnks for lookin
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
As an ex-cannon crewmember, my shooting buddies sometimes poke fun at me for my firearms logs.  But they came around.  [;)]

Why not just put something together on a word processor and keep it in a file folder with receipts for accessories, purchase documents, etc.?  That would let you customize the columns (date, maintenance, rounds fired, comments, etc.) and keep other stuff in there as well.  I kind of adopted mine from the sheets we use to fill out for the artillery pieces.

Unless you're looking for some fancy little field manuel to take out into the field....

Just my $0.02.  HTH
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, the lil book that i seen was really nice and was like perfect for what i wanted..i know i can always come up with sumthing on my own.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The ATF recommends a good layout for C&R licence inventory requirements.

I like the spreadsheet idea, if you are halfway skilled with excel.  

[imbro mode on] But then, all you need is one gun anyways.  How can you shoot more than one at a time?  When it's not in your hand it should be locked up in a childproof safe [imbro mode off]    
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a C&R kit from www.RKffl that I like pretty well. They have other stuff too.

Isn't there a program called Guntracker, I'm pretty sure I've seen it in the Blue Press(Dillon) and Cabela's too.

There was a guy on the C&R forums on Gunsnet that was working on something of this nature, don't know how that's going.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
A simple database can be used for tracking your firearms.  You can also use a spreadsheet.  Personally, I use a spreadsheet and update all my data when necessary.  The database could have the purchase/warranty info, and you could have seperate sheets for usage on each gun.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
die-tryin,

I use an excel spreadsheet.  It's tailored mainly to class III firearms although it's not limited to C3.  If you'd like to have a look at it let me know.  I'll send it over to you.  If you're good with excel you'll be able to tailor it to your own needs.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:18:18 AM EDT
[#7]
welp here is deal. it isnt for me. and it is for sunone w/out computer. the book i had seen one time was like 4" x 6" and it was pretty neat.thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top