Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 1:13:57 PM EDT
Am thinking about trying a Reflex-II sight on my "Rat Gun".  Anybody had any goods or bads to tell me before I spend the money.  I like Trijicon products and have read their particulars on the sight and think it might be something I would like to try.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing negative I can say about the Reflex II is that in some lighting contditons the aiming point can wash out.

I've used mine in action matches on military ranges with pop up targets and felt it was faster and easier than irons out to 150 yards or so.  Beyond that it was no faster than irons and you hit probablity was about even.  We shot to 500 meters on these ranges so I always ended up envying the guys using 4x ACOGS.  They didn't seem to give up too much up close speed for much better precison aiming at long range.

Now if we took it indoors, the magnification of an ACOG would probably be a problem. I really wanted to have a chance to try both and keep the one that worked better but it never happened.

Unfortunately, (or my wife might say fortunately)the powers that be ended civilian use of the pop up range before I could aquire an ACOG to compare.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply.  Between the Aimpoint and the Eotech which would you recommend.  I handled the Bushnell Holo and it seems O.K., but I haven't actually had a chance to shoot with it.  In good light I am an iron sight shooter, but as you know the sights are hard to find "to old eyes" in any type of shade or in low light. Would like to buy something that would be effective to about 300 meters for sighting.  Don't mind spending a few dollars, just don't want to buy the wrong damn thing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy, whose Aimpoint mount is that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I ditched my Reflex earlier this year.  Despite all the great things I liked about it (rugged and always ready), the faint dot was very limiting.  The Aimpoint CompM2 that I put on to replace it is great, and the CET really gives excellent battery life.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top