Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:40:27 AM EDT
When I first wrote my liberal senator about S659 he replied that it would deprive victims of their rights, protect unethical businesses, blah blah blah..., and so forth.  Here's my latest:
Dear Senator Hollings,

I am writing in order to urge your support of S.659, The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.  Having read the text of this bill, it is obvious that:

-  This law would NOT protect companies that manufacture a defective product.

-  This law would NOT protect companies that engage in illegal marketing/sales.

-  This law would NOT deprive victims of defective products of justice.

This law would protect legitimate businesses that make a safe, legal product from frivolous lawsuits.  It would protect innocent parties from attack via the legal system.  Supporting this bill would protect the rights of these businesses and their employees, without having a negative impact on true victims of negligent or criminal acts.  This bill would serve the cause of true justice.

Therefore, I ask for your support on this bill.

Sincerely,

Do you think facts, logic, & reason stand a chance in Washington?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Good letter. Now just stamp and sign it!

One of my senators, Voinovich (R-OH) became a cosponsor after I sent a barrage of letters from all freinds and family. Now all I have to do is get DeWine (R-OH) onboard.

mjp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top