Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 7:32:26 PM EDT
Is it still standing? It has dropped off the national media radar.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Things have calmed down a bit.  The local news (in Detroit) reported that a Benton Harbor cop was shot in the arm by a perp yesterday afternoon.  All sides claim that the shooting is in no way related to the B.S. of lastweek.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Try as they might, the press just couldn't find a white-on-black racist slant to push.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The dude was evading arrest and crashed his bike. What the hell were they rioting about anyway?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What the hell were they rioting about anyway?
View Quote
Juneteenth of course. [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The dude was evading arrest and crashed his bike. What the hell were they rioting about anyway?
View Quote

It's sorta like Marlon Brando in "The Wild One"

Biker:"Yeah, we're all rebels- me, I'm, rebelling against society- hey, whaddyou rebellin' against?

Brando: "Whaddya got?"
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try as they might, the press just couldn't find a white-on-black racist slant to push.

View Quote

Thats not entirely true Mac. See this story then consider the source.

http://tennessean.com/opinion/columnists/lewis/archives/03/06/34739304.shtml?Element_ID=34739304
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting, Fly-Fly. I hadn't heard about the 26 year old who "dropped dead." (At least it wasn't a no-knock) <-- bad attempt at humor.

I also found this interesting tidbit:

"...Rev. Pinckney claims there are forty witnesses to a death that was by no means an accident. [u]Reportedly[/u], a police car rode close behind Shurn, bumping the tires of his bike. When a second car approached, the police drove Shurn off the road and into the abandoned house. After the crash several policemen kicked Shurn in the head, killing him and then gave each other high fives. [u]The next night, while relatives of Shurn were holding a vigil outside the house where he was killed, police attempted to break up the gathering. This incited indignation and rage which turned into a riot[/u]..."

Source: [url=http://michiganimc.org/feature/display/2512/index.php]Michigan Independent Media Center[/url]
View Quote

A sketchy source (i.e., not AP, Reuters, etc..) but something I hadn't heard before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top