Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 2:35:47 AM EDT
How in the hell can you get rid of Messenger Service popup ads?????? It seems like 90% of the annoying Messenger Service popup ads that I get are from companies who want to sell me software to stop them. To me, there is something wrong with a marketing concept that has the copmpany piss people off so that people will buy their product so they won't be pissed off anymore.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:05:46 AM EDT
Turn off messenger...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:19:51 AM EDT
Forgive my ignorance but where would I do that?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:52:46 AM EDT
I'm certainly NOT qualified to give computer advice, (I'm lost 99% of the time) but I'll give it a whirl... I believe if you right click on it, you will have the option to "sign-off" or "exit" I made the mistake of installing AOL instant messenger... I got tired of it's pop-ups, so I uninstalled it... There was a pic of a little yellow guy down on the lower RH corner of my screen. I'd Rightclick on him, and "Sign-off" to stop the junk... Worst case sceario, you end up messing something up like I always do, and have to re-install the system recovery disk. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:54:43 AM EDT
Windows 2000 Click Start-> Settings-> Control Panel-> Administrative Tools->Services Scroll down and highlight "Messenger" Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties. Click the STOP button. Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar Click OK Windows XP Home Click Start->Settings ->Control Panel Click Performance and Maintenance Click Administrative Tools Double click Services Scroll down and highlight "Messenger" Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties. Click the STOP button. Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar Click OK Windows XP Professional Click Start->Settings ->Control Panel Click Administrative Tools Click Services Double click Services Scroll down and highlight "Messenger" Right-click the highlighted line and choose Properties. Click the STOP button. Select Disable or Manual in the Startup Type scroll bar Click OK Windows NT Click Start ->Control Panel Double Click Administrative Tools Select Services-> Double-click on Messenger In the Messenger Properties window, select Stop, Then choose Disable as the Startup Type Click OK Windows 98 & ME Windows Messenger Service cannot be disabled
Top Top