User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personal note to myself. Never give FearandLoathing any negative feedback because he can not handle the truth.
View Quote

So David, have you done your duty, and notified the corporation that someone on the internet is bad-mouthing them???

Hmmmmm???  [pissed]
View Quote

Dont forget the dickhead that spit on Fearandloathing37. HE MUST KNOW WE ARE BAD MOUTHING HIM.
I think someone posted a link you might be able to find him that way.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Aw gee....don'y ya just love it, when 'ya get up in the morning and your post has been turned into the David Hineline Show [:D]

Well just for the record, lets suppose I had taken this guy with an out of state ATM card to an ATM machine and he gets back on the bus and tells you "Oh whoops SORRY, that ATM machine will not take my card, its on the wrong banking system" or any of a couple of other reasons it might not have gone thru. (did I mention that it was a debit card, which is what alot of people carry when they have credit so bad, that they can't get a charge card?)

So anyway, what do you do then, when you've got the guy half way across town and he tells you "sorry card no worky". Do you kick him off the bus at the ATM machine? Chances are he'll still get pissed off and spit on you and maybe cause an even bigger incident...or do you just go the smart driver route and not take the guy on your bus in the first place.

And of course the guy knows that if you have taken him to the ATM without calling it in to dispatch...that he is pretty safe causing an incident at the ATM where the driver was'nt supposed to be in the first place...So yeah, that would be the place to cause an incident.

how would I have explained that some guy had flipped out on my bus and assaulted me, that the police had been called and oh yeah, by the way I was violating company policy and was ripping off the company when all this happened

Bus and Taxi companies monitor the movements of their vehicles and drivers not so much because they care about who gets off where, but to make sure drivers are not putting $20.00 or $30.00 worth of fairs which belong to the company in their pockets evey night. belive me when I tell you that said bus companies have come up with lots of ways to tell if drivers are dipping into the till.

Regardless of that, I'm basicaly honest and DO NOT RIP OF THE COMPANY THAT PAYS FOR MY LIVELYHOOD AND CITY BENIFITS!!!

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Fearand loathing it's an Okie,Texas,Alabama,Ark.Lousiana,southern type thingy!   Sort of like Death Before Dishoner,OOOHHAAAA live by it ,die by it !  Nobody else will understand!

Forgot UDOG and others They will understand!

Heres to those that wish us well,and all the rest can go to hell! (Justin Willson)
Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been spit on once in my life.  I knocked the shit out of the guy that did it and I would do the same thing today.  There is simply nothing lower than spitting on someone.  I commend you for being able to resist the justifiable urge to hit him because I could not have.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are supposed to charge by the stop, you charge by the stop. Who writes your pay check ? RIGHT the bus company, not the dumbass spitter.

Oh I just got off the phone with the wife and I think she plans on spitting on me tonight. I cant wait. Oh I guess there is TWO kinds of spitters. The good kind and the bad kind.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh I just got off the phone with the wife and I think she plans on spitting on me tonight. I cant wait. Oh I guess there is TWO kinds of spitters. The good kind and the bad kind.
View Quote

Neither one is really that great. The one you want is a SWALLOWER!!!

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

[red]And of course the guy knows that if you have taken him to the ATM without calling it in to dispatch...that he is pretty safe causing an incident at the ATM where the driver was'nt supposed to be in the first place...[/red]

how would I have explained that some guy had flipped out on my bus and assaulted me, that the police had been called and oh yeah, [red]by the way I was violating company policy[/red] and was ripping off the company when all this happened...

View Quote

We've seen ATM and GPS.

I'll add more to the Alphabet Soup:  APC = Automatic Passenger Count.
We've got this feature on some coaches here.
It's a tracking device to monitor ridership vs. revenue.
It's similar to the car counters you've all seen crossing the road as you drive over them.

F&L37 isn't backing down or making excuses or 'blaming the company'.  
He's doing what he's required to do [i]according to company policy[/i].
He stated there IS a way to track things, including the location of the coach and amount of money deposited/collected for fares.
The company docks his check for missing fares.
Simple.
Between getting spit on; ripped off by the spitter; being ripped off by the company for the spitter not paying his fare; this Driver is extreme self control by not engaging in a physical confrontation is what allows a case to be made against the person who assaulted him.

Some of you guys don't seem to understand that the 'tracking' isn't limited to location of the coach --- the $$$ is also being tracked.

F&L37, I'm looking forward to finding out what the end result of this situation is.
Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First off there is no way the city can know that you stopped for an ATM so don't pull that I would have to make up the fare crap.

After that you took apropriate measures in overcoming the desire to whoop his ass, although if you had pepper sprayed him you would have felt better.
View Quote

The asshole speaks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
First off there is no way the city can know that you stopped for an ATM so don't pull that I would have to make up the fare crap.

After that you took apropriate measures in overcoming the desire to whoop his ass, although if you had pepper sprayed him you would have felt better.
View Quote

The asshole speaks.
View Quote
[size=6][green]In before the--->[/green][/size=6][img]http://www.masterlock.com/images/color_img/911.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Personal note to myself. Never give FearandLoathing any negative feedback because he can not handle the truth.
View Quote

Can I too get a exemption from your personal wisdom? And yes I understand what an incredible loss I am asking for. I'll try and somehow manage.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not all company policies are feasably enforcable.

View Quote

Meanwhile there is a cop who lost his job for smoking "off duty" due to an anonymous tip. Did it ever occur to you that some people don't live their lives looking for a way to violate the rules and jeopardize their jobs?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have to commend you on your show of RESTRAINT. I personally would have had a very hard time of not Stomping his guts out and breaking my steel toe off in his ass.
I got spit on once in Highschool, had to get the ring cut off my finger
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think Hineline is saying that he should have broken the rules.  If I'm hearing him correctly, he saying that he just wants to hear people say exactly why they will or will not do something, rather than blame it on the company.
View Quote

But the problem is that he has taken his "issues" and used it as an excuse to call a stranger a liar, for no reason, with no evidence, in public.
Bad manners, to say the least; and dangerous in many places.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think Hineline is saying that he should have broken the rules.  If I'm hearing him correctly, he saying that he just wants to hear people say exactly why they will or will not do something, rather than blame it on the company.
View Quote

But the problem is that he has taken his "issues" and used it as an excuse to call a stranger a liar, for no reason, with no evidence, in public.
Bad manners, to say the least; and dangerous in many places.  
View Quote

Agreed....no argument there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top