BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
When at the filling station, when the pump kicks off automatically, do not top off the gasoline.

Also, before putting the nozzle back on the pump, shut off the pump switch with your hand, then squeeze the pump again to open it up.  Lift up the hose as you squeeze the pump.  This will let whatever gasoline is left in the hose drain into your car.

Also, fill up in the early morning.  Gasoline, like air will expand and contract with temperature.  Since gas is sold by the gallon, it's better to buy cold gasoline than warm gasoline because you'll get more gas per gallon.

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote

best advice Ive read yet!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Wash your car often.  A clean car is an aerodynamic car.  Plus, it looks better than seeing bird shit and bug splatters.  WWII pilots used to wax their planes to get a little extra speed and performance.  

Or you could just coat your whole car with Vaseline. [nuts]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Trabant- East Germany's favorite workers' car......
Fuel economy (city/highway):             37 mpg / 55 mpg  
View Quote

Sorry, have to call BS on this one :)
27mpg was the average gas mileage I've gotten out of all the Trabants I owned.

And while a maximum speed of 77 mph was certainly within the realms of reality, everything faster than 62mph was already out of specs, and 55 was cruising speed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Trabant- East Germany's favorite workers' car......
Fuel economy (city/highway):             37 mpg / 55 mpg  
View Quote

Sorry, have to call BS on this one :)
27mpg was the average gas mileage I've gotten out of all the Trabants I owned.
View Quote

You obviously were not an "inoffizieller Mitarbeiter"-(member of East Germany's verison of the TIPS program....) then the Stasi would have given you the deluxe model. Had you been a member of the SED or Stasi itself, you might even have been given a full tank of gas- enough to drive to WEST Germany :^)

And while a maximum speed of 77 mph was certainly within the realms of reality,
View Quote

with a good tailwind, downhill...[:D]

everything faster than 62mph was already out of specs, and 55 was cruising speed.
View Quote

Acc. to friends and family from outside of Dresden (Coswig), nobody could do 80 km/h (55 or so) because even the "major" highways were rutted, potholed tank paths. To have gone that fast on these roads would have meant destruction for the car- and oneself.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't pull a boat. Not even on a trailer.
Give all your guns to me, all that weight in your truck doesn't help your mileage at all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Awwwww, sheeei-t, man! You're supposed to put the boat on a trailer?!?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top