Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:48:26 PM EDT
I usually carry concealed because I don't like to make people nervous but I have often thought that open carry is excercising your 2nd admendment right. Which do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:53:15 PM EDT
Is there any question? Concealed all the way. I dont want a soul to know that I have a gun. Why make yourself a target to a criminal? If I am buying a hot dog from a gas station and a guy decides to knock it over, I dont want to get involved. Open carry will make that difficult. Name one advantage to open carry? I can't think of one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:56:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:59:40 PM EDT
Its not a big deal in Arizona. I see at least one guy a week open carrying. Doesn't mean you will EVER see me open carry.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
I can't carry concealed (not 21 yet) I leave it in my truck, unless i am somewhere that it doesn't matter much. otherwise, concealed is the best way to go.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:13:58 PM EDT
When I get my CCW it will be concealed
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:14:51 PM EDT
I carried open in Richmond years ago. My truck lost the brakes in a bad part of town (intersection of 360 and Jeff Davis Highway for you Richmonders) and I didn't have a carry permit then. I decided to carry vs leave it in the truck. I walked to a store and used the pay phone and I was waiting for my ride and the police came by. I explained I was broke down and they were pretty cool about it. Got a lot of strange looks but I am still alive! I did feel like a target. I then got a carry permit...and the rest is history.
Top Top