Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 4:40:05 PM EDT
Does anybody have an opinion on what the best gun show in Colorado is? I have been to the ones in Colorado Springs and wanted to know if it was worth it to drive up to Denver. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The Tanner Hunting and fishing show is a good one. No fishing stuff there it's just a big gun show. Also Crossroads of the West is my favoite. Lots of vendors from all over the state. The CSSA website has all the dates for those.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#2]
were you going to look or wanting to buy something specific.
i like tanner over crossroads for just in the tax base you save 2.5% at tanner. which if you go on a binge, it adds up.
now if you are looking to browse for ar's and other assorted semi versions of military guns, i would highly suggest jensen's in loveland. 1-970-663-5994.
ask for mike, tell him jim referred you.
they have competitive if not below market prices on guns, as well as ammo.
i have sent other's from this as well as other gun boards to them, and they have now become repeat customers of thier's
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The ones with the best deals.....[:)]

Seriously, almost every show has some deals if you look long enough.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
TANNER all the way
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Geez, I didn't realize there were so many guys from CO on this board.  Where in the state are you guys from?  I'm just east of the Springs in Falcon.  If any of you are from the Springs area, where do you go to shoot?  Being retired Army, I can always go to Ft Carson, but its a real hassle to sign for the range, and you need two ID card holders to do it.  Dragonman's is ok, but $10 a trip gets pricey after a while.  I've heard bad things about the safety at Rampart, so I'm hesitant to go there, plus its all the way on the west side of town.  What other options are out there, guys?  My new M4gery is cryin' to be put through her paces.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
no colo.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually always go to Tanner. Mainly for accesories, but I saw a couple good deals on Russian bolt actions and some Romanian SKS prices are starting to fall.
There are two or three good ammo sellers, especially the case guys.
Is Crossroads next month? I know the next Tanner isn't till June.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys, sounds like Tanner hands down.
goose9269, jc121 I live by Palmer Park. As far as shooting goes I either go up to my cabin or to mount herman. Herman's pretty close maybe 30 min's from the middle of town. Herman's nice and it is clean, safe etc. but i don't know if it's legal anymore. I'd be up for shooting some time but I only have hunting style rifles, no cool sport utility rifles.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
South Park, near Jefferson.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#10]
FT collins
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Goose, are you north or south of the Falcon Hwy?  That should tell you I'm from Falcon too. :)  E-mail me at [email protected] about a shooting place.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Nevermind...you have mail ;)
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Near Montrose
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Westminster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top