User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://pics.imcdb.org/0is332/buffordjuniorhy1.9346.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8hUGzpoGp58/UIxcfzkeEuI/AAAAAAAABRI/bEAuEPLCAZo/s400/1247821701_1.jpg

Examples of what people used to consider "very fat", especially Cannon. It was a rarity to see people this big. Jackie Gleason as the crooked fat sheriff was a stereotype.

Now any Wal-Mart line has people bigger than this.
View Quote

While I agree to some degree,. My sheriff growing up was fat, so was the butcher in town, and the janitor at my school, etc.

Rose colored glasses have an impact on this.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
6 ft 170lbs?   thats cute
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with calories. It is the amount of carbohydrates we all eat now. Period.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In case it's not clear, the message is that you and I are being carpet bombed with calories and not realizing it.

If you get a myfitnesspal account and start logging your food every say, you're going to be amazed by how much you're eating.

And how bad the food is.

Also, if you start logging your food and trying to hit maybe 1800 calories per day, you'll start losing a couple of pound a week, like clockwork.

Try it.

It works like magic.

Has nothing to do with calories. It is the amount of carbohydrates we all eat now. Period.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are you joking? Or do you just not go outside ever? Was at a local theme park all day yesterday the vast majority of the people, of ALL ages, were overweight. There were only a few that were morbidly obese. The rest of them are at minimum 20-30 lbs overweight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you for your concern.

No, not really....

Man, we have a lot of busy bodies running around worrying about everyone else...

Are you joking? Or do you just not go outside ever? Was at a local theme park all day yesterday the vast majority of the people, of ALL ages, were overweight. There were only a few that were morbidly obese. The rest of them are at minimum 20-30 lbs overweight.

What the fuck do I care...I worry about me, and my family and friends. Don't give a shit about the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in high school during the 1970's.  We didn't have the internet.  We had no choice, but to be physically active and go outside.  

Of course there were those that spent some of their time stoned, with bags of chips&cookies, watching MTV......when it was really all music videos.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someone's face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

View Quote

Mkay' My mother is 85. Two knee replacements, six stents, pacemaker and a hip replacement.
All but the hip are a result of being over weight. She tripped and fell two years ago in a bad rain storm.
When she had her knees replaced 15 years ago she decided enough was enough.
She got on a diet and discovered water aerobics. Now she is 120 and 5'7". Feels better than she has in years.
There are programs and ways to loose weight and eat healthy regardless of your activity level and underlying health issues.
One just has to make up ones mind for them selves and make the commitment.

I say all this as a 50 yo male. 5'10" 175#.
I am a hard gainer, i weighed 60# as a high school freshman. Graduated at 115#
Married at 25 and 130#
Got in the gym and lifted weight and ate 5 times a day and got to 185# and took gold at the Georgia games in power lifting.
I made up my mind to make a change and committed to do what I needed to make the change.
Never felt better than I did then. I gotta get back to the gym. It on ME to make the commitment again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someone's face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

View Quote

That’s it, I’m done. Fuck this place. It’s devolved into a mass of retarded copy pastes and face palms. The quality of posts has been declining for a while, but this is the last straw. That’s it. I’m done. I’m uninstalling the internet, chopping off my dick and moving to fucking Antarctica, at least the bacteria there will be fucking smarter
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#9]
There's no one single thing to point to.  Portion sizes, availability, habits, etc... all played a role.

But there's also the fact that the composition of our food has changed.  Even when we eat the same thing now, it's often not the same as what we would have eaten 30 years ago.

Vegetable oils instead of natural fats, cheap high fructose corn sweeteners in everything as a flavor enhancer, s7

If you look at lists of ingredients I'm sure most everyone knows that they're listed by order of percentage, high to low.  Many products you'll see several items down the list things start like "high fructose corn syrup", then "corn syrup", then "corn sweetener" and so on.  They let them list 2, 3, 5 ingredients that are essentially all sugar separately.

This means that the first ingredient is often not shown as sugar, which it truly should be.  Since the individual percentage may be higher than any one sweetener, it gets listed first.  But the total percentage of sweetener is actually much higher.

It's a deliberate deception.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In case it's not clear, the message is that you and I are being carpet bombed with calories and not realizing it.

If you get a myfitnesspal account and start logging your food every say, you're going to be amazed by how much you're eating.

And how bad the food is.

Also, if you start logging your food and trying to hit maybe 1800 calories per day, you'll start losing a couple of pound a week, like clockwork.

Try it.

It works like magic.
View Quote

MFP is a great learning experience, and it's also a good idea to do some research and find out how many calories some foods contain just so you have that knowledge to carry around.

Fatness is not healthy and it is not attractive and people who say otherwise are trying to justify being fat.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.
View Quote

I got the myfitnesspal AP about 3 months ago. Lost 34lbs so far. 242 down to 208. I'm only like 5'8" so I have a ways to go but you are right. If you actually track your calories you will be amazed at how much you actually eat. At least I was.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That’s it, I’m done. Fuck this place. It’s devolved into a mass of retarded copy pastes and face palms. The quality of posts has been declining for a while, but this is the last straw. That’s it. I’m done. I’m uninstalling the internet, chopping off my dick and moving to fucking Antarctica, at least the bacteria there will be fucking smarter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're declining his offer to buy you a plane ticket?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

My mom is 6'5", 275 pounds, and also a truck driver.  I would love to see your mom say something disparaging to my mom in her face.  I will be happy to buy your mom a plane ticket to go there and see if she has the nerve  to badmouth my mom where she lives over in that place, or maybe at her truck, I don't know yet, you know, whatever is most convenient for both ladies since it's the holiday season and planning is rough.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#14]
OP, none of the things you mention as food I consider food - thats the problem for most people.  Dont even know what a five guys is, but I probably wouldnt eat there more than once or twice - in my life.  Farmers market for me, fresh and local - I cut out fast food,  junk food and soda around age 15 (30 years ago).  Its not just for your body, but also your mind/moods.  I call what people are doing to themselves slow motion suicide.  They spend most of their lives in front of the tv watching other people live their lives, its mass insanity.  Yesterday was just an average day, but I mountain biked, stretched, iced, did deep breathing (for diving), and caught a ton of waves on my stand up paddle board.  Thats maybe 2 hours of movement, nothing extreme especially when you consider I'm not sitting in front of a tv which frees up a lot of time to both exercise and cook/eat healthy.

If you want healthy women, you generally have to look outside the US.  That is what I call Fat Liberation!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#15]

well that's true.

The thing she should be thankful for is that she acknowledges that she is fat. 90% of people won't concede that basic basic fact.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

While I agree to some degree,. My sheriff growing up was fat, so was the butcher in town, and the janitor at my school, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://pics.imcdb.org/0is332/buffordjuniorhy1.9346.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8hUGzpoGp58/UIxcfzkeEuI/AAAAAAAABRI/bEAuEPLCAZo/s400/1247821701_1.jpg

Examples of what people used to consider "very fat", especially Cannon. It was a rarity to see people this big. Jackie Gleason as the crooked fat sheriff was a stereotype.

Now any Wal-Mart line has people bigger than this.

Yes, some truth to that.  But all you have to do is watch old 60s and 70s movies and TV shows with crowd scenes, sidewalk scenes, etc.  Bob Newhart.  Mary Tyler Moore.  Streets of San Francisco.  The images bear at the statistics.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It all began with the potato.
View Quote

Damn Irish people.

<---- Irish

FWIW, googling "class photo 1991" gives you similar results as 1970.
Fatsplosion started somewhere around 2000 (at least that is when I really noticed it).

I was at a large electronics store yesterday waiting in the check out line and was people watching.
A full 60-70% of the people in line were at least 30-50lbs overweight. Men with huge guts, women with guts, gunts and flappy arms (in sleeveless shirts). Several were in whopper choppers, most were sloppily dressed, several were heavily tattooed with random, shitty ink.

Keto FTW!!!!!! I am hellbent on not becoming a shape, so is my girlfriend.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I was 6'2" and 240. Didn't really diet but wasn't a total fatty
I started  "Paleo" diet and 3 months later was 6'2" and 195 lbs(high school weight) didn't do a single excercise
I'm totally convinced if anyone will return to "perfect human size" if they commit to eating "perfect human diet
Your a fatty because of what you stuff in your gob.
View Quote

This.  I let myself go.  Had A1C numbers getting into the pre-D stage.  Choloesterol was very high.  My food groups consisted of Taco Bell, McD, Wendys, and Sonic.  Five Guys was in there somewhere occasionally.  BP was 150-155 unmedicated.  My knees were screaming for mercy and in constant pain.

I decided to radically change what I eat after thinking like other posters here that we ate butter filled fat laden foods pre 80's and did not have the obesity epidemic we are in the middle of right now.

In three months I dropped 50# of fat without a SINGLE sit up.  I cut my caloric intake to about 1200 a day after determining that is ALL I NEED.  Cut the cheap carb bomb food.  Only diet sodas if I drink soda at all.  If I ate a Whataburger, I threw out the buns.  NO FRIES OR CHIPS.  Fries are the absolute worst thing anyone could ever eat.  I absolutely filtered out HFCS.  I'm a year in now and over 60# down, 6" off my waist.  Button down shirts that looked ridiculous before now fit great.  Arms, legs, and fingers have normal proportions.  Knees no longer hurt at all. Double chin is gone.  Fat roll on the back of my head is gone.  Pistols amazingly feel smaller in my skinny hands so I need larger grips!

I was taking a statin and Lisonopril for cholesterol and BP control.  I still take the statin because it can't hurt but stopped the BP med about six months ago.  Unmedicated BP is now 115/70 on a HIGH day.  A1C numbers are awesome low.  Cholesterol is low but unbalanced.  Need MORE good chols.  35 is too low.

Point is ANYONE can make this kind of a change and see results if they stick with it and DO NOT CHEAT.

I feel I have 20-25 more to go but these will not be the easy pounds.  Got to get serious on working out but again I don't think it will need to be a crazy every day thing.  Three times a week will be perfectly fine along with some walking or cycling.  I started the next phase mid last week and have already come down 5 pounds!

My perceptions while overweight: people pick on fat people.  We are what we are.  God loves us even if we are obese.  We gain weight as we get older.  Yadda yadda.

My perceptions now: We are what we make of ourselves.  If metabolism slows down with age ADJUST INTAKE.  2000 calories is too much for most people nowadays.  1500 is more realistic.  It kills me to see someone who is overweight snarfing down a biggie fries while knowing they could get healthier without even trying hard.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Ban snackfood!

History has shown that Banning things works!
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Only one person is responsible for what goes into your mouth, and that is you.

Neighbor across the street is in his late thirties and does home improvements. He is so fat he waddles when he walks. I have no freaking
clue how this guy can get down on his knees to do the things that would be required of a Carpenter and then get back up.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's all the carbs.

People were secretly all on Keto in the 70s and earlier.

There is no health without the keto diet.

All hail keto.

View Quote

I came to post this. The animal fat content of food wasn't demonized in the olden days so I hear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Typical post from OP to justify his weakness. Bro should go squat rather than worry about others. And maybe educate himself on nutrition.
View Quote

LOL

this fucking guy again

with his weird obsession with me

I'm 6-5 (for real) and I weighed 203 lbs yesterday morning.  I look like a typical overly tall storkish basketball player type.  

I've been going to the gym since I was in college and I ride a bike very hard about 3 hours a week.

It's very easy for me to not gain weight, I'm so big and my metabolism is so high that I can eat three full meals a day and not get fat.

You need to understand that calling a tall thin guy a fatso is not an effective insult.  It just makes me reflect pleasantly on the fact that I'm tall and not fat.

I'm trying to help you do a better job of following me around and making your sad little anonymous insults.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I blame it all on the lack of cocaine use in this day, and age.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding?

That post improves any thread that it shows up in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#25]
There was a fatass in the hospital in a double wide wheelchair that had to go to MetroZoo for an MRI
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Could it have anything to do with growth hormones they put into food for livestock

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You must have missed the workshop.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/113/700/744.jpg

View Quote

If you think America is one nation and anyone sane can coexist as peers with the likes of that, I say your delusional. There's just no way. It's impossible.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I got the myfitnesspal AP about 3 months ago. Lost 34lbs so far. 242 down to 208. I'm only like 5'8" so I have a ways to go but you are right. If you actually track your calories you will be amazed at how much you actually eat. At least I was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.

this

tracking calories on myfitnesspal is like a magic wand

you want to lose 10 lbs, you dial it in, hit the max calorie intake every day and it's as good as done

almost like math actually works or something
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#29]
More carbs are the devil bullshit?

I stayed skinny as a rail on an almost entirely carb diet for years.  Still skinny, still eat plenty of carbs.  What I never ate much of was sugar.

A lot of food is good calorie rich stuff these days, people eat too much of it for their activity level.  The premise of the OP was on, though I don't care if people want to be fat.  I just think they sure like to blame it on carbs, HFCS, etc., anything but themselves.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We live in lard ass paradise now.

I was in BJs wholesale club yesterday, it was like an electric cart convention.

We supply electric carts for obese people in a store where you can buy a 5 lb bag of M&Ms.

When you look at the "food" on the shelves, it's mostly cheap carbohydrates, fat and sugar, like Hot Pockets.

It's like our society is designed around fatness.

Seriously, try this:

Put "class photo 1970" into google and look at the pictures.  Maybe one fattish kid per class.

But today, you go to the mall, you see college age girls waddling around, 30 lbs overweight.

A lot of guys here on arfcom will report that they are something like "6'-0" tall, 235 lbs"

We consider that to be normal nowadays, back in the old days that would be considered a lard ass.

Here's what I think happened:

Factory faming has been perfected to the point that food is very inexpensive, especially cheapo food like pizza.

So the vendors are all super sizing their food and loading it with calories to make it taste better, so they can bring in customers.

People are so used to being overfed that they are gladly buying and eating bucket sized portions that their body totally cannot use.

You're supposed to be sharp-set with hunger before you sit down to a meal, you're not supposed to still be coasting on your previous meal.

That has to be the answer.  

We ate very fatty and sugary food when I was a kid, we had dessert every single night after dinner.

But I did not know a single fat kid and nobody had fat parents.

Something changed.  It must be portion sizes, because our food back then was pretty bad.

I went to 5 Guys recently, when I got home I counted all the calories, the total calories were way over 2000 and the calories from fat were over 1000.

That is insane.  

If you are 6-0 tall, you should weigh somewhere around 170 to 190 depending on how much muscle you have.  I'm talking about normal guys, not steroid guys.

That means you should be eating around 1700 to 1900 calories in a day where you are lightly active.

A 32 oz fountain soda like mountain dew has about 450 calories.

Do the math

Now there is a new social justice movement for women where they say they are "healthy and beautiful at any size"

Yup, having globs of cellulite and veins full of string cheese is healthy and beautiful.

I'll be over later to pick you up an my electric cart, baby.  We'll hit Five Guys and wash it down with a bucket of mountain dew

View Quote

Your pretty right on except when you stated the fat content in a context that made you sound like people who thinking eating animal fats make you fat. It doesnt. Carbs/sugar make people fat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]
All the shit going on right now, and this is what you're concerned about?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.

Fail comment is fail
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Mkay' My mother is 85. Two knee replacements, six stents, pacemaker and a hip replacement.
All but the hip are a result of being over weight. She tripped and fell two years ago in a bad rain storm.
She got on a diet and discovered water aerobics. Now she is 120 and 5'7". Feels better than she has in years.
There are programs and ways to loose weight and eat healthy regardless of your activity level and underlying health issues.

Married at 25 and 130#
Got in the gym and lifted weight and ate 5 times a day and got to 185# and took gold at the Georgia games in power lifting.
I made up my mind to make a change and committed to do what I needed to make the change.
Never felt better than I did then. I gotta get back to the gym. It on ME to make the commitment again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Married at 25 and 130#

You weighed 60lbs in high school? Whatchutalkinabout Willis?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I honestly have no clue what keto is. I hear people talk about it but don't know what it is. Is it the one where you eat what cavemen supposedly ate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's all the carbs.

People were secretly all on Keto in the 70s and earlier.

There is no health without the keto diet.

All hail keto.

I honestly have no clue what keto is. I hear people talk about it but don't know what it is. Is it the one where you eat what cavemen supposedly ate?

On a low carb diet your body goes into a state of ketosis, and beccomes efficient at utilizing fat as a primary energy source.

I'm not an expert, that's just a brief rundown.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We live in lard ass paradise now.

I was in BJs wholesale club yesterday, it was like an electric cart convention.

We supply electric carts for obese people in a store where you can buy a 5 lb bag of M&Ms.

When you look at the "food" on the shelves, it's mostly cheap carbohydrates, fat and sugar, like Hot Pockets.

It's like our society is designed around fatness.

Seriously, try this:

Put "class photo 1970" into google and look at the pictures.  Maybe one fattish kid per class.

But today, you go to the mall, you see college age girls waddling around, 30 lbs overweight.

A lot of guys here on arfcom will report that they are something like "6'-0" tall, 235 lbs"

We consider that to be normal nowadays, back in the old days that would be considered a lard ass.

Here's what I think happened:

Factory faming has been perfected to the point that food is very inexpensive, especially cheapo food like pizza.

So the vendors are all super sizing their food and loading it with calories to make it taste better, so they can bring in customers.

People are so used to being overfed that they are gladly buying and eating bucket sized portions that their body totally cannot use.

You're supposed to be sharp-set with hunger before you sit down to a meal, you're not supposed to still be coasting on your previous meal.

That has to be the answer.  

We ate very fatty and sugary food when I was a kid, we had dessert every single night after dinner.

But I did not know a single fat kid and nobody had fat parents.

Something changed.  It must be portion sizes, because our food back then was pretty bad.

I went to 5 Guys recently, when I got home I counted all the calories, the total calories were way over 2000 and the calories from fat were over 1000.

That is insane.  

If you are 6-0 tall, you should weigh somewhere around 170 to 190 depending on how much muscle you have.  I'm talking about normal guys, not steroid guys.

That means you should be eating around 1700 to 1900 calories in a day where you are lightly active.

A 32 oz fountain soda like mountain dew has about 450 calories.

Do the math

Now there is a new social justice movement for women where they say they are "healthy and beautiful at any size"

Yup, having globs of cellulite and veins full of string cheese is healthy and beautiful.

I'll be over later to pick you up an my electric cart, baby.  We'll hit Five Guys and wash it down with a bucket of mountain dew

View Quote

and 50/60 years ago MOST kids spent their free time outdoors playing and/or working.There were no video games,no smart phones and not much on TV.
 Today's kids spend MOST of their time on their asses.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Nobody cooks anymore either.   I know people who eat 2-3 meals out every single day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Can you do a pull up?....just one.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Once baby number 2 gets here, the wife is going to stay home full time and we're going to meal prep again. I literally lost 15 pounds in about 3 weeks with 0 exercise earlier this year when we prepped. I added running a 10k twice weekly and lost over 15 more lbs over the next 3 months. It's all about discipline. Prepping your weeks meals makes it a lot easier. Instead of scrambling last minute, you know you have a small tuperware of baked chicken, quinoa and squash right there ready to go. I wasn't too excited about it at first, but eventually I viewed my meals as fuel. After week number 1 you start to crave those veggies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

KEK new copy pasta
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Are you kidding?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you kidding?

>2016

>not knowing your copypasta
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Of course there were those that spent some of their time stoned, with bags of chips&cookies, watching MTV......when it was really all music videos.
View Quote

Sounds like Valhalla.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

generic <well,bye.jpg>

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And how bad the food is.

Try it.

It works like magic.
View Quote

Been logging into myfitnesspal every day for over two months.  I've always been too thin because I didn't realize how little
I was eating.  MFP has helped me put on over 12 pounds in the last two months.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I am 5'10" and 147-149 lbs.  I consider myself underweight by a good twenty pounds.

But I would rather be underweight than overweight.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Are you kidding?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding?

Too subtle?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah something is going on all right. I remember reading somewhere that heart disease was basically nonexistent before we started mass-producing sugar and HFCS and putting them all over everything. Not like a rare thing that only happened to rich people who could eat anything they wanted and not do any physical work, but like something that didn't exist at all.

I don't think you even need to count calories. Your body already knows how much food it needs, and it works fine as long as you eat the right stuff and listen to your body. Just start cutting bad things out of your diet one at a time, and replacing them with good things. Best thing that most people could do is cut out sugary drinks. Drink only water, with some coffee or booze as desired. Milk is okay too. No soda, fruit juice, etc. Replace carby snacks like chips, doughnuts, candy, etc with vegetables and nuts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#49]
What an original thread idea. Neva been done befo
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nobody cooks anymore either.   I know people who eat 2-3 meals out every single day.
View Quote

To be fair, Americans work way more than we used to. The idea of "overtime" on weekends/Sundays, "on call," 24/7, second and third shifts, etc.

America is literally working itself to death. I try to cook, but to keep up with house/lawn/family things on top of needing sleep and wanting at least some down time, it's fucking hard.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top