Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 1:23:31 PM EDT
Well it is time to say out with the old, and this time I have to put on hold my weapons buying......

Recliners, I have narrowed it down to a Lazy-boy or Lane, leaning towards Lane, Leather, swivel rocker, very very nice, $700...

The Lazy boy is rocker and Leather, BUT is $800 and sits kind of on the hard side, while the Lane sits on the very plush and comfy side....

OR..

New washer and dryer, Maytag is what I want and will get......

Now to decide which to get, I have the cash BUT for only one not both

So help me out here...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Recliner:
The Lane may sit soft now, but how will it feel in a year or five?

Washer & Dryer:
[Homer Simpson]Mmmm ... Maytag Neptuuuuuuuune ... [/Homer Simpson]
Very cool, but very spendy. Go for the matched set, and you're pushing $2K once you have the pedestals and everything.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[Homer Simpson]Mmmm ... Maytag Neptuuuuuuuune ... [/Homer Simpson]
Very cool, but very spendy. Go for the matched set, and you're pushing $2K once you have the pedestals and everything.
View Quote

the fastest, most reliable washing i've ever done was on a pair of these babies.  not to chick out here - but they can do lamb's wool w/o stressing the fabric, and the dialing is intuitive.  not to mention that frontside loading for both makes transferring loads an easy task.  oh, and the dryer sounds like a fricken jet engine when it's warming up - not loud, just very distinct and cool.

woo - saved myself w/ that jet reference... i think.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, man, I do my fair share of the washing, and at 6'-5" and more than a few back problems, I'm sick of bending over to unload the washer. These things are supposed to use much less water, too. I'd love to have 'em in my new place, but the pesky bank keeps wanting us to pay the mortgage - every month! The nerve!

I'd get much more benefit, personally, out of a new washer & dryer than I ever would out of a recliner. I mean, I watch a lot of TV, but not so much that I want to sit in one place and watch enough to warrant a new chair. Plus, it's a lot more fun to "entertain" Mrs. Benz on the washer than it is a recliner![naughty]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I am leaning towards the washer and dryer, as far as the neptune, well more than likely will not be them, I have seen and like them, but a little more $$$$$ than I have right now...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]1shott[/b]:
Look around at the Neptunes. There seem to be several different models, varying mostly on the availability of additional cycles and more buttons, but appear to be essentially the same machinery. Perhaps [b]Dr. Fridge[/b] will be along shortly to offer his first-hand appraisal of the market. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Plus, it's a lot more fun to "entertain" Mrs. Benz on the washer than it is a recliner![naughty]
View Quote

No entertaining on my washer - too close to the cat's crapper!  That kinda spoils the mood.

I have a Lane reclining leather sofa - it sits pretty good and most other people agree.  But it doesn't recline far enough for me (if I want to nap in it).  Plus after about an hour, it doesn't seem so soft.  To date, I can't find anything more comfy than my old LazyBoy (cloth).

If you're planning to spend that much on the washer/drier, you could step down a notch and get a really nice set for around $1000 and still get the chair.
CR
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
just a thought - lot's of rich people aren't so rich anymore... maybe a couple of year's ago model of the neptune could be found in good shape at a severely reduced cost.

those things are built to last, i would have no problem picking one up second-hand.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]
[b][center]Why can't you have it all?[/center][/b]

[center][size=5][b]THIS:[/b][/size=5][/center]                [img]http://www.rusticwood.com/Round_Milk_Stool_N.jpg[/img]
[center][size=5][b]PLUS THIS:[/b][/size=5][/center]
[img]http://www.patented-antiques.com/images/Web%20Collection%20to%20write%20&%20written/WEB%20Collection%20Written/washers/h_wash3.jpg[/img]
[center][size=5][b]WILL SAVE YOU ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY THIS:[/b][/size=5][/center]
[img]http://www.imt.net/~mele/images/m700p.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top