Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 11:16:26 PM EDT
Today I decide to be a wise ass (what else is new?)

I am repairing this ladie's dishwasher. (3rd door switch in 3 years) As I am done and packing up the truck I start walking in when I notice a box (250) shot shells sitting on her front porch addressed to her husband.

I walk in with it on my shoulder and I said:

"Oh by the way, Congratulations!!! for every third door switch replaced on your dishwasher we are running a special. We throw in a free box of shotshells!!!

she laughed it off and said "Yeah, my husband likes to hunt...we have a freezer full of pheasant" We start talking about shooting and the plumber is just standing there with his jaw dropped.

I was amazed that she knew the shells were out there (too heavy for her to pick up with a baby in one hand) in such a fu-fu neighborhood. On the side of the box was HUGE writing of its contents.

She was one of the cool ones.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you a refrigerator repairman, or a dishwasher repairman?  Why was there a plumber there?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Was this a Maytag? And if so why didn' the lady put the kid in the crib before her boyfriend the Plumber showed up?

edited: Wouldn't the Plumber take care of a washmachine?
ED
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you a refrigerator repairman, or a dishwasher repairman? Why was there a plumber there?
View Quote

[ROFL2]

LOL, wild repair guy threesome!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
SO tell us about the time you had to repair the Frige at the college sorority....

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#5]
3rd door switch in 3 years?  

Must have been a Whirlpool!

I had one that I had to replace the door switch 3 times also.  Finally got tired of it and bought a Kenmore.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The repairman and the babysitter! (music fades in) WA WA CHUKA WA WA....
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The repairman and the babysitter! (music fades in) WA WA CHUKA WA WA....
View Quote
LoL!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are you a refrigerator repairman, or a dishwasher repairman?  Why was there a plumber there?
View Quote

Actually I am an Appliance repairman but Refrigeration is my specialty.

Plumber was there because of a leaky valve upstairs... NO I DONT WANT TO KNOW
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
SO tell us about the time you had to repair the Frige at the college sorority....

GunLvr
View Quote

I did have to repair a frige at a sorority once...DAMN!!!!  but I was a young ugly fat bastard at the time so... nothing gelled.

BUT NOW...

Im older.

I did have to fix a frige at a prison once though... I dont want to talk about it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3rd door switch in 3 years?  

Must have been a Whirlpool!

I had one that I had to replace the door switch 3 times also.  Finally got tired of it and bought a Kenmore.
View Quote

Ooooh you are not going to be happy with what I am about to tell you... Whirlpool builds kenmore... sorry.

Maybe you just had a bad tech who didnt fix it right or a machine that was destined to be a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#11]
DrFridge -- >   THANKS!

I forgot to thank you for your sub-zero advice.

It turns out that the coil WAS freezing (right where you told me).   The tech had to replace the coil and refill with freon.

The total repair was only $700  (ALOT cheaper than the replacement cost of the refrig)

Now --->  Get your ass back to the frat house and get those chicks!
[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top