Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/16/2003 4:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2003 4:15:39 PM EDT by OKLAHOMA_LAWMAN]
I sent someone a package through US mail, first mistake and he has stated that he hasn't received the package yet. The only thing I have is a insurance receipt is there anyway I can track the package with the insurance receipt
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:36:46 PM EDT
i keep telling people to avoid the USPS for reasons like this! i worked there after retiring from the USN and was disgusted at the way things were run, not to mention the sheer stupidity of the managers and supervisors! i quit shortly thereafer. go straight to the POSTMASTER! do not talk to the counter people, they could care less.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:42:29 PM EDT
The only thing I have is a insurance receipt is there anyway I can track the package with the insurance receipt
View Quote
Yes, the USPS can run a trace, but I seem to remember a 60-day window in there. Even though Ray has had problems with the Postal Service, they have become my shipper of choice. In fact every fuckup on the part of UPS or Federal Express makes me love the USPS more and more. I've found you get better results if you understand their bureaucracy. Once you get that down, it's smooth sailing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:01:00 PM EDT
Did you send it USPS Priority Mail? IF so, mistake! Save yourself some pennies and just send it first class, much more reliable. When I was working out of town, my wife sent me some stuff via USPS Priority Mail, I didn't get until a full 14 days later. Sent first class, I probably would have received it 5 days later.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:05:25 PM EDT
Go to [url]www.USPS.com[/url] and try the insurance number under the tracking section. It might track there. I know its too late now, but from now on get "Delivery Confirmation" and you can track everytime the package is scanned from the time you send it until the time it is delvered. Confirmation only costs about 50 cents.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:20:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By warlord: Did you send it USPS Priority Mail? IF so, mistake! Save yourself some pennies and just send it first class, much more reliable. When I was working out of town, my wife sent me some stuff via USPS Priority Mail, I didn't get until a full 14 days later. Sent first class, I probably would have received it 5 days later.
View Quote
The delivery time for Priority Mail is 2-3 days and First Class Mail is 1-3 days depending on the zone. Priority is more expensive due to the weight limits. Maximum weight is 70 pounds, and the maximum size is 108 inches in length and distance around the thickest part combined. First class mail is mainly used for letter mail and small packages up to 13oz. I am a 22yr. postal employee so my information is up to date.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:38:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Slickpilot:
Originally Posted By warlord: Did you send it USPS Priority Mail? IF so, mistake! Save yourself some pennies and just send it first class, much more reliable. When I was working out of town, my wife sent me some stuff via USPS Priority Mail, I didn't get until a full 14 days later. Sent first class, I probably would have received it 5 days later.
View Quote
The delivery time for Priority Mail is 2-3 days and First Class Mail is 1-3 days depending on the zone. Priority is more expensive due to the weight limits. Maximum weight is 70 pounds, and the maximum size is 108 inches in length and distance around the thickest part combined. First class mail is mainly used for letter mail and small packages up to 13oz. I am a 22yr. postal employee so my information is up to date.
View Quote
Thanks for the explanation. I couldn't get a straight answer from any of the USPS folks at the counter about this service. Since the USPS charges, I figure it would be faster.
Top Top