Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 7:43:59 AM EDT
I cannot look into the sky and see a 767-type aircraft without remembering 9-11, nor can I look at a 747 and think of how much worse it could have been.

I try to imaginw what it must have been like to be on one of those planes. What the children went through...

Am I the only one, or are many of us living through what survivors of great historical events (especially tragic ones) normally experience?

Just curious...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, as tragic as the events have been for the US and the American people, it pales compared with other events in recent and not so recent history. Think Dresden, for instance. Or Bhopal. Or Chernobyl.

[beathorse]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]

I don't do that but i swear, everyday i just happen to look at the clock and it will be at 9:11 am or 9:11 pm and i remember then.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I think about 9/11 everytime I go to work [Airline MX].Could I be as brave as the people that fought back.If some scumbag tried to jack one of World's birds.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't visualize the events of 9/11 every time I see a plane.  Instead I visualize us kicking some serious ass!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I also seem to measure a great number of events as either "before" or "after" 9/11.

My sister was in NYC recently. She said an airplane flew over and EVERY head she could see stopped and looked up. For those of use who know NYC (I grew up there), we know how amazing such an occurrance is....
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry, as tragic as the events have been for the US and the American people, it pales compared with other events in recent and not so recent history. Think Dresden, for instance. Or Bhopal. Or Chernobyl.
View Quote

Nice edit, putting two industrial disasters in your post.  Why didn't you include Buchenwald, Dachau, Sobibor, or Auschwitz on your list?

Dresden?? Sorry, but that city was attacked during a declared war, a war that was fought to rid the world of Hitler and his henchmen.  IIRC, it was a war that Germany declared on the United States after a sneak attack by the Japanese.  Germany asked for war, and got more then she could stand.  The fire bombing of Dresden is just what Hitler wanted.  Why else would he have declared war on the United States?  

What has the United States done to oppress the Saudi people to the point of provoking the events of 9-11?

Kar98, you do still know you are free to leave this terrible and oppressive country ANYTIME you feel like it, don't you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF are you talking about? I understand a lot of people were hurt and killed in these (mostly) accidents. BUT, those were not planned out but a group of sick fuckers, looking to kill
innocent people.
Beating a dead horse, my ass!

(edited to add): [:K]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

[beathorse]
View Quote

I chose to ignore this drivel. I suppose Kar98 would go out and throw a party the day his mother died beuse, after all, so many other people saw their mothers butchered in the Nazi camps.

That's logic for you.... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#12]
All I feel is disgust from the federal government bailing the airline companies out of bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure you are not the only one. But I dont do anything simular. I have a hard time identifying with the twin towers. I live on the other side of the country and didnt know anyone who was killed. Additionally the death toll was not that high statistically. Between car crashes and cancer we lose at least that many people every day in this country. So the event wasnt world altering, only our reaction to it was.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#14]
... That morning was life altering to me, and I don't over react to catastrophes. Several events within that week, impacted me with great significance. I won't discuss these on the Internet.

The irony is, that I've been working just a couple blocks from ground zero.
I'll be here in Lower Manhattan for a while and I still feel uneasy when I look over in that direction.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice edit, putting two industrial disasters in your post.  Why didn't you include Buchenwald, Dachau, Sobibor, or Auschwitz on your list?

Dresden?? Sorry, but that city was attacked during a declared war, a war that was fought to rid the world of Hitler and his henchmen.  IIRC, it was a war that Germany declared on the United States after a sneak attack by the Japanese.  Germany asked for war, and got more then she could stand.  The fire bombing of Dresden is just what Hitler wanted.  Why else would he have declared war on the United States?  

What has the United States done to oppress the Saudi people to the point of provoking the events of 9-11?

Kar98, you do still know you are free to leave this terrible and oppressive country ANYTIME you feel like it, don't you?
View Quote

Nice bitch slap DPeacher !! [slap]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All I feel is disgust from the federal government bailing the airline companies out of bankruptcy.
View Quote

I was thinking the exact same thing. Dashle's wife lobbying for the bailout.[puke]

Having found myself alongside Imbroglio in this thread, I will probably be checking myself into a local mental institution shortly.[whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top