Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 12:51:34 AM EDT
Check out the screen caps from GT4. AWESOME!

[url]http://e3.playstation.com/games_details.asp?id=6XAF4DZ03L40GKZ[/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#1]
[wow]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A few more generations of GPU's & CPU's and they'll be able to generate images in real-time that can pass for real-life.

Can't wait!

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
DAMN!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
It is amazing that the kind of systems arcades used to spend thousands of dollars on just a few years ago can be duplicated on an $800 PC.

Eventually, the lack of tactile feedback will be the only thing that differentiates true simulation from game playing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A few more generations of GPU's & CPU's and they'll be able to generate images in real-time that can pass for real-life.

Can't wait!
View Quote

If that game had been created for todays PCs and graphics cards, it would look real.  The old technology of the Play Station 2 really shows through on those stills.  The jaggies along the edges of the cars is a sure give away.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not all that impressed.  None of those stills are of actual game play.  The replays always look pretty good for those games, and the game play is usually somewhere below that, and often times ends up being disapointing.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
[banana]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm not all that impressed.  None of those stills are of actual game play.  The replays always look pretty good for those games, and the game play is usually somewhere below that, and often times ends up being disapointing.  
View Quote

Yup, those replays were cool to watch though.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I cant wait for it to come out. The Gran Turismo series is my favorite of all time. Granted, I don't havethe time to play any longer, or a television, or a PS2, but it would be nice to play somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
That game is gonna kick ass. I noticed there were signs for it up at the 24 hours le mans race this weekend
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet... that reminds me, anybody seen previews for HalfLife 2?  HOLY CRAP...... that looks so sweet.  Very realistic, and the interaction with objects is just amazing, physics wise.  Just about everything can be effected realisticly by shooting, pushing, exploding, etc.  The AI is pretty cool too.  I have 5 avi files of a demo the publishers did, explaining how stuff worked and all.  Really amazing looking stuff.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sweet... that reminds me, anybody seen previews for HalfLife 2?  HOLY CRAP...... that looks so sweet.  Very realistic, and the interaction with objects is just amazing, physics wise.  Just about everything can be effected realisticly by shooting, pushing, exploding, etc.  The AI is pretty cool too.  I have 5 avi files of a demo the publishers did, explaining how stuff worked and all.  Really amazing looking stuff.  
View Quote

I will not be happy with a FPS till I can bring the entire building down due to excessive weapons fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top