Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I had some gb's run a stop sign in front of me and when I didn't stop.  HMMM 3/4 ton p/u on through street Accord from behind stop.  Screw you.  Started flashing signs.  Gave them my dumb old white guy look.  Pulled behing me and took a run at the atomic bumpers.  Boy that really worried me.  I guess they figured out the trailer hitch at that level would win.  Figured I had enough and pulled into to the local gun store, they left.  guess they weren't all that dumb.  Carried for a few days after that discreetly since I don't have a ccw.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay on State Route 51 and call 911.  

The Highway Patrol will find you and them.  

Highway Patrol has AR-15s.

End of Story...

AZTrooper
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I had some thing similar to this happen right in front of me a month or so ago.

I was on my way to Austin on Highway 71 about 10 p.m. the friday before Memorial Day.  I was cruzing down the road when a Honda SUV and a Mustang tear pass me.  After they pass, the two split into both lanes and comence throwing apples, fast food cups, and beer bottles at each others' cars.  While I'm trying to dodge the shit flying from their hands, the two other vehicals are speeding up to about 90 mph.  We come over the top of a hill only to see traffic dead stopped 100 meters away.  The vehicals in front slam on their brakes as their cars begin to slide down the road with tires smoking.  The mustang had to veer to the shoulder not to hit the car in front of it.

As soon as the mustang slams to s stop, a hispanic fellow jumps out and runs to the little SUV.  He rips open the door and throws the passenger to the ground while he's pounding him.  The two wrestle around punching each other for a minute or two while cars are stacking up behind us.  I grabbed my cell and called 911 thinking someone was going to end up shot/stabbed.  Finally, the passenger of the SUV is able to jump back inside and lock the door.  The driver of the mustang runs back to his car and tears off down the shoulder.  I assume to leave the scene of the crime.

Nothing really terrible happened as a result of this; however, it was a sight to see on a busy highway at night.  Made me wish the .gov would trust people younger than 21 with concealed carry permits.

- Matt
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Been followed before though it all ended without much incident.  Guy did say something about how he was gonna f**k us up, odds weren't too great either (4-2).  Damn shame I didn't have my AR would've like to see their facial expressions as I give them a polite warning to please refrain from harassing me.  As taking a shot would have been unjustifiable, I believe that if they saw the gun that would be reason enough to back off.

Anyone know if its legal to mount a Barret on top of a vehicle.[naughty]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone know if its legal to mount a Barret on top of a vehicle.
View Quote

NO RESTRICTIONS ON LONG-GUNS IN TEXAS!  WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Found it.  Now I just gotta save up some spending money.

[img]http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/soft_mount.jpg[/img]

Soft Mount - $1,060
Useful for mounting on tripods or land and sea vehicles, Barrett’s Soft Mount is compatible with the M82A1 only. Stainless steel, no-spring construction means less corrosion. It supports the rifle at its center of gravity and center of bore; this allows the rifle to stay on target during firing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
one time i got chased all the way back to my apartment including the chaser making it through the "manned security gate" of my apartment complex.  i sprinted from the car as i had a few seconds lead and as they exited their vehicle i ran up the stairs, unlocked the door and went for the S&W 66 loaded with JHP's.  I returned to my front door ready to see them beating on my car. Instead, they split, wildly fishtailing their pickup in the nearly empty parking lot.  turns out it was a friend-of-a-friend whom i had actually met before and who recognized me when i got out of the car.  a couple of months later i ran into him and he started the converstaion something like this, "Man, we were going to come up there and kick your ass, but than I saw it was you, man you shouldn't have cut me off like that." i replied that he was lucky that noone was killed with the way he had chased me and then I told him why I came back out and what I had returned with.  he replied, "oh fuck man you would have killed me... fuck... that was some dumb shit."
needless to say i never saw the ass again and hopefully he learned his lesson about chasing people who "cut you off" since in might mean getting capped.

my suggestion for the unarmed is to forget that their car is worth anything.  drive it over curbs or whatever to get away. ram the other car, aim for the perp whatever. kill the threat by whatever means necessary or it might be you that gets killed.  a real brake check done properly to someone following closely will end a pursuit. unfortunately it will mean damage and possible loss of control of your vehicle but it is an effective last ditch effort.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
NOTE TO SELF: Do not think that riding the bus is worse than driving. It seems that it is not worth driving until I have a ccw (1.5 years left).
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd guess that the "gesturing" was taken to be "gang" signs, and those in the SUV took that to be insulting.  
View Quote

I'd guesx that you didn't read carefully.

It was the guys in the SUV that DID the gesturing.

ArmedLbr, on what do you base your idea that the victims were a bunch of white yuppies??  Those names could just as easily be another race (well maybe not hispanic or asian, or slavic, or ....)
View Quote

[red]The victims were on their way home from a party in Mesa shortly after 2 a.m., Williams said. They were riding in a Chevy Cavalier on the Piestewa Freeway and moving to music in the car when a dark full-size sport utility vehicle pulled up beside them and its occupants started gesturing.[/red]

Explain the difference between "moving to music" and "gesturing".

What is "car dancing" to one is "gesturing" to another.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Return fire. First.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
1) Most crime isn't random.
2) 911
3) Don't drive anyplace that you lose your mobility.
4) Police stations, are often buildings where police officers start and end their shifts. If it's not shift change the building could be empty.
5) Drive courteously.
6) Don't panic.
7) Most crime isn't random.

Tough to tell much of anything from the story, as to motive etc.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm curios whether the "Glock", "NRA" and Harley Davidson" stickers on the back window of my truck would deter a pursuit like this. Anyone with half a brain might reason that driver of said vehicle is likely armed. I do know, tailgaters have never persisted for long.
--RR
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago.  
My Brother (a deputy) and I (city cop) were cruising in my old Lincoln (Town car) and we came up on a '78 Caddy.  I was doing 65 in a 55 in the left lane and was just getting ready to change lanes to the right.  We got to within about 8 to 10 car lengths and the caddy speeds up.  I decide to stay in the left lane since the caddy is now pulling away.  All of a sudden the caddy brakes hard and quickly changes to the right lane.  It drops back next to us and I see the driver (who looked like the "rapper" Vanilla Ice) and two passengers (who both looked allot like the "rapper" Snoop Dogg).  They are all pointing and gesturing at us.  We tried to ignore them and they kept it up and were also shouting something unintelligible at us.  I slowed down and they did the same.  I sped up and they stayed right next to us.  We tried to call the local sheriff's office, but couldn't get a signal on the damned cell phone.  This went on for a few miles and we were doing about 90 mph for quite a bit of it.  It seemed that the more we tried to ignore them, the worse they acted.  Finally, the other car swerved into us and forced me to drive onto the left shoulder.  By this time I had had enough.  I braked as hard as I could and cut over to the right shoulder.  The other car overshot and then they pulled over to the right in front of us.  As they came to a stop, I could see that the trunk of the other car had been remotely opened as the occupants were getting out.
My brother and I didn't even have to say a word to each other.  As they got out of their car, we both opened our doors, took cover and drew our side arms (me, a Glock 22...my bro, a Sig 229).  I don't remember exactly what my brother yelled, but I yelled "POLICE!!!  SHOW ME YOUR F###IN' HANDS!!!!"  The passengers quickly ran around to the front of the caddy and hid.  The driver just stood there with a confused, deer caught in the headlights look.  We patted them all down for weapons, and checked out their car.  They were trying to access a metal pipe, a jack handle and a board that were in the caddy's trunk.  They apologized and said they were just "messin around".  Yeah, right.  We still couldn't get a friggin cell signal, so after about 15 minutes we told them to get the hell outta dodge.  Right after they pulled away, a deputy pulled up behind us.  I was thinking, "great, how am I going to not get shot?"  I got out slowly, hands first and held high in the air, creds in hand.  Waited for him to tell me what he wanted me to do.  After a few moments he asked what was up.  I told him and he had me follow him to where his partner had stopped the other car.  The dep's hassled the other driver and occupants for a while and cut them loose.  They told the deputies that they were just trying to have some fun and didn't think a couple of cops would be driving around in an old beat up Lincoln.  The dep's gave me the info to get my own warrant against the other driver, which I did but he has since disappeared.  They also told me that they were surprised that the caddy's occupants were not armed, since they were known to usually carry illegally.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Colinjay, I agree completly with you.  Cars kill much more effectivly than guns, just look at the numbers.

Whatever it takes.

TXL
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#17]
A. don't let a woman drive.

B. my car is THE biggest pice of crap on the road. However, I can out manuver all but the best of them. Especially if they are in an SUV.

C. if all else failes play bumper cars and make as much noise as possible, as I don't carry guns in my rig on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Man, this is the funniest thread I've read here in the longest time.  I can't ever remember laughing so hard.  Some of you guys sure are good at telling stories.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive accidently cut a couple of people off and had them give me some nice language, but other then that, nothing too scary.

Only 1.5 more years until CCW heaven. I used to keep a rifle in my car but Im at college now and my AR is worth to much to me to have confiscated by a fat campus security ninja.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I would call ahead and have my AR15 buddies waiting.  And I would lead them to a nice situation controlled by us!  Actually I would call 911 and find the nearest police station.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#23]
I guess I would just have to shoot up one SUV full of dick-heads [red](I carry a M4 with me..a real one). I haven't killed anyone in over a decade! I wish cool shit like that would happen to me more...[/red]

I had something like that happen to me while of all things I was driving the HMMWV! Some drunk kids were shouting and flipping me off...Well I had my Glock pointed at about their faces through the cloth door of the drivers side (out of sight) and just looked at them dead pan and told them to "Fuck Off"...They made some more rude noises and split (I guess there "Spidy senses" were tingling)[red]...oh well...maybe I'll have better luck next time...[/red]
View Quote

Please adopt me.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Not second guessing the victims action but I consider my truck and my jeep to be both protestion and weapons. If forced to stop it would be only until they left their vehicle at which time I would drive over them. Possible ram their door as they are getting out of the vehicle.
If the bad guys wanna play tough then all rules are out the window and it turns into a life/death situation where anything goes.
Oh yeah, here is a thought for you. Take a 4wd with big meaty tires, turn steering all the way to the right. Place vehicle in reverse gear. Wait til perp is at drivers window then stand on the gas.... Do ya think a set of super swampers might grab and drag ya under????

*disclaimer* I have never done this nor do I endorse such activities, this is for informational purposes only.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top