Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 5:37:21 PM EDT
I went to the range today and met up with one of the guys that's there quite freqently. Anytime we run into each other we end up trading off on shooting each others firearms (this guy never fails to impress me with some of the guns he owns).

Anyhow, I was in the cleaning area (he was already on the line), and he came in to say hello. I was unpacking my RRA and he commented that he had the same ARFX stock on his Bushmaster. After getting my gear together I went to check it out. He had a Bushmaster 25th Anniversary carbine... it was without a doubt a sweet looking and shooting firearm. After shooting a few rounds I took a closer look at it
and noticed something I had missed earlier: the number on it was [b] 1 of 1,500 [/b]! Now I'm not into collectables or guns as an investment but, I'm thinking 'would this be something better left off unused'? I mentioned something about it in a casual way. His response was something to the effect "Who cares"? "As long as I get to shoot it". My response was "Yeah, you're absoultly right". So we fed it a few more mags. [:D]

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm getting this deja vu feeling.....
i would have tried to buy it off him
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
They all say 1 OF 1500, every single one I've seen say's 1 OF 1500.

I thought it was cheesy, if you're going to take the time to stamp any #'s on the lower stamp the ACTUAL production # on the thing.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: They all say 1 OF 1500, every single one I've seen say's 1 OF 1500.

I thought it was cheesy, if you're going to take the time to stamp any #'s on the lower stamp the ACTUAL production # on the thing.

[rolleyes]
View Quote

Bummer! Here I thought I was shooting something that I thought was unique. What a lame ass thing for Bushmaster to do. Oh well, nonetheless, it was still an impressive AR... although at $1,695
it should be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top