Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/11/2003 8:00:43 PM EDT
The wife and I went for a ride this evening and along the way spotted a gunshop we had never been in before. We went in. She handled several guns but really liked the way this Taurus fit her hand. This was a four inch ,ported, five shot, target sights. It uses the Taurus propriatary full moon clips. It is used in as new condition. Price was $395. Comes with the box and some clips. We are thinking it might serve as a security/defense gun. Her competition gun is a S&W 686 in six inch (not very concealable). Does anyone have any experience with these. I have never owned a Taurus. Thanks for your help. Vic.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:20:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 8:21:43 PM EDT by Merril_B]
You'll get a few "hate 'em's" about Taurus, but I own a couple of their revolvers and love them to death (Raging Hornet and 608). My Taurus PT-99 Beretta clone shot as well as my factory Beretta 92FS. They are good guns, and those Trackers are really neat. Is it the Titanium model she wants?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:27:14 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply. No this one is stainless.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 8:46:03 PM EDT by -Duke-Nukem-]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:12:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TrickyVic: Thanks for the reply. No this one is stainless.
View Quote
Stainless is a good choice for a gun that is going to be "shot" more than it's "carried". I'm on my 3rd 608 (1st one stolen, 2nd one sitting somewhere at the bottom of a swamp bed in Central Florida) and it's my main "go-to" when i'm out in the woods. Revolvers are cool like that because you can load them with snakeshot and varying loads, and they still cycle. A great asset to have when you're in the woods or swamp.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:56:44 PM EDT
Vic, If you dig, you'll find the complaints go something like this 1) It ain't a S&W or a Colt 2) Ever try to use that lifetime warranty? I have and here's my horror story 3) They lock up around X number of rounds You gotta dig pretty deep to find the last two issues. I love my Taurus although it did come with a small problem that Imbroglio helped me diagnose. I had a bad rusting issue on my stainless cylinder. Turns out the factory installed a polished regular steel cylinder on it. I like it with a blued cylinder and won't be having Taurus fix it. [url]http://home.earthlink.net/~routhier/taurus/taurus3.jpg[/url]
Top Top