Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 8:00:43 PM EDT
The wife and I went for a ride this evening and along the way spotted a gunshop we had never been in before. We went in. She handled several guns but really liked the way this Taurus fit her hand.

This was a four inch ,ported, five shot, target sights. It uses the Taurus propriatary full moon clips. It is used in as new condition. Price was $395. Comes with the box and some clips.

We are thinking it might serve as a security/defense gun.

Her competition gun is a S&W 686 in six inch (not very concealable).

Does anyone have any experience with these. I have never owned a Taurus.

Thanks for your help.

Vic.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll get a few "hate 'em's" about Taurus, but I own a couple of their revolvers and love them to death (Raging Hornet and 608).
My Taurus PT-99 Beretta clone shot as well as my factory Beretta 92FS.

They are good guns, and those Trackers are really neat.  Is it the Titanium model she wants?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

No this one is stainless.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.

No this one is stainless.
View Quote

Stainless is a good choice for a gun that is going to be "shot" more than it's "carried".

I'm on my 3rd 608 (1st one stolen, 2nd one sitting somewhere at the bottom of a swamp bed in Central Florida) and it's my main "go-to" when i'm out in the woods.
Revolvers are cool like that because you can load them with snakeshot and varying loads, and they still cycle. A great asset to have when you're in the woods or swamp.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Vic,
If you dig, you'll find the complaints go something like this
1) It ain't a S&W or a Colt
2) Ever try to use that lifetime warranty?  I have and here's my horror story
3) They lock up around X number of rounds
You gotta dig pretty deep to find the last two issues.

I love my Taurus although it did come with a small problem that Imbroglio helped me diagnose.  I had a bad rusting issue on my stainless cylinder.  Turns out the factory installed a polished regular steel cylinder on it.  I like it with a blued cylinder and won't be having Taurus fix it.
[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~routhier/taurus/taurus3.jpg[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top