Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 6:24:03 PM EDT
One McCarthy wanted to burn out all the commies. This time we got one who wants to burn all the guns. Go figure.

http://www.consumerfed.org/050903assaultban.html

As a newb, I know this is a controversial topic. But I think everyone should know who is supporting this bill. I apologize if this wasn't posted in the right place.

[newbie]

By the way, this forum rocks!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost forgot, I gotta give Rimfire Junkie over at Rimfirecentral for originally psoting this there. Just brought it over to spread the word.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One McCarthy wanted to burn out all the commies. This time we got one who wants to burn all the guns. Go figure.

[url]www.consumerfed.org/050903assaultban.html[/url]
As a newb, I know this is a controversial topic. But I think everyone should know who is supporting this bill. I apologize if this wasn't posted in the right place.

[newbie]

By the way, this forum rocks!!!!!
View Quote

hotlink
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW- I love the mention of assault weapons being the choice of cop killers, with one in five being killed by assault weapons.  #1, wasn't it the FBI statistics that they were involved in less than 1% of crimes.  #2, I believe their definition of assault weapon is pretty broad to include mini-14s and the like. #3 of course a higher ratio would be killed by rifles because handguns really aren't that deadly compared to rifles.  I think all gunshots average to an 18% mortality rate.

Lastly, if it was the weapon of choice, wouldn't it be involved in more than 20% of the killings.  I think that by defenition makes it not the weapon of choice.

Oh well, there is no victory when arguing with the irrational.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Just who does this Consumer Federation of America represent?  I consume things, they don't represent me.  When I clicked on "about CFA" that page could not be found.  A VPC shell group?  Maybe Sarah Brady would have had no objections if JH Jr. beat the piss out of her husband with a (non-corked) Louisville Slugger.

TS

BTW, BigJuice, come visit [url]www.pre-ban.com[/url] some time.
Top Top