Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 6:33:37 AM EDT
I haven't done an internet purchase in about 18 months plus I just moved to South Central NC. I'm having trouble finding an FFL who will send the necessary paperwork directly to the individual seller.  So far everyone I've called here wants to send it to an FFL on the sellers end. Is this the way it's normally done now or do I need to keep looking. If anyone can help please let me know either here or via email.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]
As a matter of policy, some FFL holders choose not to conduct "mail order" transactions with anyone other than another licensee. This is not the law, it's just an individual dealer's policy.

A non-licensee is not required to have a copy of the receiving dealer's FFL in his possession as a condition of making the sale (i.e., a non-licensee can ship a firearm directly to a licensee). For this reason some dealers will not send out a copy of their license.

If the dealers with whom you've spoken simply won't receive a firearm from a non-licensee, keep looking for another dealer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/transfer.cgi[/url]

go here and put in your new Area code
Contact them all and see who will do what you want.

Good luck
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice and info.  I kept calling and found someone who would send their FFL directly to the seller for a "reasonable price". Jeez seems everything is different in a big city.  It just never came up before with my old dealer although I can understand why a dealer wouldn't want their FFL floating around with people they don't know.  Thanks again, another Bushy inbound!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://199.196.145.75/FFLeZCheck[/url]

Despite what it says this "can not be used in place of a signed in ink FFL" applies ONLY to other FFL holders.

Use at your discretion.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
In all states the FFL has to abide by the state law as a cond of his FFL, he has to obey all state laws concerning firearm transactions.
In other words find out if it's a law where you live if the FFL has to send a copy directly to another FFL or it is just their own rules,I would think it is their own rules in play here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top