User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bet you guys also didn`t know some of this:

-Everytime you complete a vigilante mission, your vehicle automatically repairs.  I`v gotten all the way up to level 407 on the vigilante levels with the Apache.  While I was flying around in that chopper, a tank ran into me while I was flying low and I didn`t explode. When I landed, I wanted to test this even more and fired rockets at the chopper.  It took three rockets to blow it up.

-You can go "under Vice City." You need a Sparrow (preferably the Sea Sparrow) to get there. Once you have one, go to the back of the mansion and fly over the pool that is under the mansion.  The farmost part of theceiling over the pool is hollow, so you can fly over it and end up under VC.  While under VC, you can check out all the neat stuff under water and there is a neat picture inside the Ammunation in the Downtown area.

-If you are being chased by the law, all you need to do is shoot at their vehicles and they will stop chasing you (unless the vehicle is a tank).

-You can get rid of tanks with either flamethrowers or molotovs because tanks aren`t fireproof.

-If you put a boat or a chopper through the repair shop, it will come out with wheels.

-At night, one of the hotels near the Malibu Club will have certain lights on. The lights will form... well, go ahead and look for yourself. You`ll know it when you see it.

-If you shoot the moon with the sniper rifle, it gets larger.
View Quote

Where is the Sea Sparrow hiding?  I've seen the regular Sparrow somewhere in Little Haiti/Havana.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bet you guys also didn`t know some of this:

-Everytime you complete a vigilante mission, your vehicle automatically repairs.  I`v gotten all the way up to level 407 on the vigilante levels with the Apache.  While I was flying around in that chopper, a tank ran into me while I was flying low and I didn`t explode. When I landed, I wanted to test this even more and fired rockets at the chopper.  It took three rockets to blow it up.
View Quote

Anybody ever tell you you play too damn much VC3?

-You can get rid of tanks with either flamethrowers or molotovs because tanks aren`t fireproof.
View Quote

Where do you get those?

-If you put a boat or a chopper through the repair shop, it will come out with wheels.
View Quote

Ok, how do you get a boat to the repair shop?

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't need the 100 packages.  Just finish "Keep your Friends Close".  Afterwards get in the cop clothes at the Washington Beach station.  Stroll through the base, get in the chopper and unleash hell.

Also, for downing choppers, the best way is the M60.  You can aim it and you have lots of ammo.  RPG gives you 4 shots.  With 200 rounds in the 60 you can down at least 8 birds.  Also works great on boats.  On the help Cortez escape and kill the French dudes mission, I wiped out their armada in less than 10 seconds.  The Hunter was no match for the 60.  Crouch, aim, unload.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, for downing choppers, the best way is the M60.  You can aim it and you have lots of ammo.  RPG gives you 4 shots.  With 200 rounds in the 60 you can down at least 8 birds.  
View Quote

With my kind of millions, I go to the junkyard and buy 20 or 30 RPG's. One RPG puts a chopper down in one shot/one kill.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, but you can hurt yourself if you are not careful/if you are retarded.

Plus, you can use the M60 on other opportune targets with out wasting lots of ammo.  Cheaper to replace if you get killed or arrested as well.

I'll keep my 60 thanks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where is the Sea Sparrow hiding?  I've seen the regular Sparrow somewhere in Little Haiti/Havana.
View Quote

When you collect 80 hidden packages, the Sea Sparrow appears behind the Diaz Mansion
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
In my garage at the Vercetti estate I have an FBI Rancher and SWAT Enforcer.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:05:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

When you collect 80 hidden packages, the Sea Sparrow appears behind the Diaz Mansion
View Quote

Damm!  I only have 4 packages to my name.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The hardest vehicle to steal in the game is the Barracks OL.  The only way to get one to appear is to get 6 stars.  But if you are foolish enough to steal one while the tanks are rolling they will of course ram you and blow you up.  I have done it but it's not easy, good luck.

Also, to comment on an earlier post of mine -- the absolute hardest mother ****ing thing in this game is the paramedic mission.  It took me forever and was incredibly frustrating.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:54:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The hardest vehicle to steal in the game is the Barracks OL.  The only way to get one to appear is to get 6 stars.  But if you are foolish enough to steal one while the tanks are rolling they will of course ram you and blow you up.  I have done it but it's not easy, good luck.

Also, to comment on an earlier post of mine -- the absolute hardest mother ****ing thing in this game is the paramedic mission.  It took me forever and was incredibly frustrating.
View Quote

Last time those army JBT's made me eat tank tread.  

I made it to vigilante level 8 the first time in a police car.

Selling Whoope Ice Cream was a piece of cake.  But was Vercetti selling that the cops wanted to bust him for?  Dope?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But was Vercetti selling that the cops wanted to bust him for?  Dope?
View Quote

He sure wasn't selling ice cream.  According to Chuck Schumer, Vercetti was part of the "gun highway" corridor of illegal guns sales to Vice City.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:11:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Got the FBI Cheetah?  Might be the Infurnus - can't remember - one of the sport's cars.  Useless for Vigilante, but oh well.
View Quote

What do you mean useless? The Miami Vice lookin' dude car is the best for vigilante. The P&S will paint them.
GG
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Last night, at 1:30, I finally beat Hillary, goddamn that guy can drive
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, where can I get an Olds Cutlass/442 that handles like that?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Where the hell is Auntie Poulet?

Somewhere in Little Haiti.

I've been looking for half an hour now.

And you can't see shit at night either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Got the FBI Cheetah?  Might be the Infurnus - can't remember - one of the sport's cars.  Useless for Vigilante, but oh well.
View Quote

Those would be the undercover cops, not the Feds, and it is the Cheetah.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Also forgot to mention:

-You can destroy a chopper with one shot from a sniper rifle.  You have to shoot the pilot [b]through the windshield[/b] so you won`t be able to do it when you`re right under it. It takes some guesswork since you can`t see the pilot but you will get used to it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Buy the Auto Dealership. Steal all the cars on the list in the garage. There are 4 lists. After the 2nd list you get the 442 in the dealership.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
There are also 4 sparrows, you can get a police chopper, the news chopper is bad ass. you know of the apache. Gettng in the thunder dome arena , or whatever it is called is cool also.
GGI
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I read you could get the hunter(apache)just by raising your wanted level up to two stars and it would appear in the barracks....didnt work for me. I also tried getting the police uniform and going into the barracks....didnt work. I WANT THAT FRUGGIN CHOPPER!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmm...try again.  Works for me everytime.  You can't have any stars, and make sure you are not pointing a weapon at any personnel.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought this was interesting(keepy-uppy beach ball)...this games just full of surprises[url]http://www.vice-city.com/GTAVC_Fun.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Buy the Auto Dealership. Steal all the cars on the list in the garage. There are 4 lists. After the 2nd list you get the 442 in the dealership.
View Quote

Better than that -- in The Driver mission, where you race Hillary, as soon as the race starts, he back up to the road on the side of the Malibu club and wait.  Soon enough, Hillary comes by you and wins the race. He disappears from his 442 as soon as he does and the car will roll to a stop in front of the club.

Push the car (using another car) into your nearest garage and save the game.  Now, not only will you have a saber turbo, but you have a saber turbo that is both bulletproof and flameproof (although the tires can still be flattened).
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know why that when I enter Cafe Robina's that guy Umberto isn't in there to start the Cuban missions?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:52:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does anyone know why that when I enter Cafe Robina's that guy Umberto isn't in there to start the Cuban missions?
View Quote

Have you killed Diaz yet?  I think you need to do that to open up the Cuban missions if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Have you killed Diaz yet?  I think you need to do that to open up the Cuban missions if I remember correctly.
View Quote

Yes, Diaz got whacked and I control the mansion.

What else am I missing????

Could it be the Avery missions I have to finish?  I have to fly that RC copter into that structure to demolish it.

Edit:  It is Avery I just looked it up.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#28]
There is also a point where you have to finish the Haiti missions before you can complete the Cuban missions.
tony
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There is also a point where you have to finish the Haiti missions before you can complete the Cuban missions.
tony
View Quote

Once you finish the Haitian mission the Haitian gangs will attack you on sight.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, it's lots of fun to let your guys mix it up with the Haitians while you stand off and destroy them with your various weapons. I find the PSG and the 60 to be the funnest.
tony
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I couldn't snipe all the Cubans until I took the adrenaline shot.  Why does Auntie Poulet give me that stupid bolt-action when I had the PSG-1?

I'm gonna make her drink some of that witches brew.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
To beat Hilary simply time "comeflywithme", he drives so fast he takes off into the air, leaving you the chance to beat the race slowly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To beat Hilary simply time "comeflywithme", he drives so fast he takes off into the air, leaving you the chance to beat the race slowly.
View Quote

what is come fly with me?  how do you do it?
View Quote

I dunno what that is but I think the best time to whack Hillary is during the stretch right after you pass the VC police station.  That is usually when you catch up to him.  If you fail to knock him out on this stretch before the first 90º left turn you will probably never catch up to him again.

I tried some tricks to try and beat him but he's too sneaky.

I did have the lead on him before but I took a wrong turn right near the end.  So I know I could've beaten him at least twice.

In the end I beat him after about a dozen tries.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#35]
I made a typo, "time" was meant to be type, during the game type simply comeflywithme and all cars will fly off like airplanes if they go too fast. Its a simple cheat.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#37]
To beat hilary just type in the racecar cheat at the start of the race.  Then get out of your car and get in the race car and easily win the race.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#38]
I beat hillary by doing a PIT manuever, flooring it, and not looking back. Hes tough, but he can still be beat without codes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
To beat hilary just type in the racecar cheat at the start of the race.  Then get out of your car and get in the race car and easily win the race.
View Quote

yeah, there's a great moral lesson you can learn from ps2; when you're incapable of doing things on your own, just sit back and relax, a "cheat" will come along that will get you through.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#40]
You can't get 100% if you use a cheat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you get the sea sparrow behind the Diaz mansion, take off very gently and turn 180 degrees.  Then fly under the Diaz house into the swimming pool area.  If you get far enough in, being careful not to hit the columns, climb a little bit and you will pop into the house somewhat (you will scrape the ceiling doing this).  It's a bug -- if you push forward, you will enter a weird world where you actually fly UNDER vice city.  You can see the sunken boats etc. from close up as well as you can pop up anywhere in the city.
View Quote

I can get under the house but how do I go elsewhere in VC?  Too many crashes for me in there.

Can you kill the bad guys down there?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I couldn't snipe all the Cubans until I took the adrenaline shot.  Why does Auntie Poulet give me that stupid bolt-action when I had the PSG-1?

I'm gonna make her drink some of that witches brew.
View Quote

Once you get a high enough score at the shooting range you will win the "fast reload" award. After you get it, the bolt action is better. You can use it for easy head shots
throught car windshields and you can watch the headless drivers stagger out of their cars bleeding all over the place.

Almost forgot,
it also makes seagull sniping easy [:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top