Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 6:42:30 PM EDT
I have been interested in purchasing a .22 pistol and read an article in American Rifleman not to long ago regarding the new Baretta U22 Neos 22LR pistol. The reviewer gave the pistol a good review and stated that the price range of $230 was decent. I have yet to see one of these in a store (I live in Kalifornia where Tsar Davis rules supreme) so I have never been able to physically check one out.

Anyone out there have one or had a chance to try this .22 out? If so, let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,

Max
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Beer Slayer has one, I've shot it, and it's a sweet little gun!  I'd definitely buy one if I were in the market for a gun of that nature.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#3]
For starters spell it right, it's "Beretta". [:D]

I've never shot one but I've handled it at the Beretta gallery in Dallas and I don't like the way the grip angle comes together with the (I dunno what you call it) the piece that comes out underneath the rear of the slide. I can't hold the pistol correctly.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
i handled one at the costa mesa gun show this past weekend in SoCal, so they are available and kali-legal.
i think turners.com has them also
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot one at the Sports Fair at Rahauge's last weekend. It seemed pretty cool, but not so much better than any other 22 pistol. I couldn't see anything that made this one in particular significantly better than anything else, but it's hard to tell in just 10 shots. Nice looking pistol though. I noticed Turner's is selling the blue 5.5" model for $239 or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I just didn't like the way it felt in my hand.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Those litle Walther .22s that are all over the place now look pretty sweet, too, and are unbelievably cheap for a pistol made by Germans (around $200). Anyone shoot one of those yet?

They are cheap enough that I could buy one and it get it past the wife on the simple (hey, it only cost $200" prinicple. Then I do a Form 4 and buy the $200 (plus $200 transfer tax) supressor, and I just joined the Title II club...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the "INOX" finish one. It is a nice little shooter. Yes, a little heavy, but look at it's construction! It is a chunk of stainless steel, with a polymer grip/trigger assembly.

I have had 1 fte, using lead bullet "value-box" ammo from wally world.

The first thing I noticed was the EASE of loading the magazines! You can depress the spring externally, enabling the rounds to just fall in.

Yeah, the safety digs into your hand when ON. It is NOT a carry gun though, so this doesn't bother me.

Cleaning is a breeze. It breaks down easily and completely, enabling neat freaks like me to get all the grime out of it.

The sights bother me a little. The white line in the shape of a U on the back sight makes it difficult for me to get lined up with the front post. It also screws up my judgement on whether or not the front and rear sights are level. A magic marker fixed that dilemma.

The trigger could stand to be lighter. I'll have that worked on soon enough.

My ffl has 10 on order, but has only received 2 in hte last 6 mos.

It gets a thumbs up in my book. A big thumbs up if it had a lighter, crisper trigger.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the 4.5" INOX version.  The only negative is the trigger pull.  I get used to it, then go to my Sig P228 and I'm popping off rounds before I know what's happening.  I've put all manner of rounds through it and it's cycled them all.  It's accurate enough for my purposes.  One Satisfied Customer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top