Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2003 10:34:15 AM EDT
Last night I decided to go see 2 Fast 2 Furious, after all, I had rented and enjoyed the first movie...

Well, this one was nothing like the first one.... This one doesn't have Vin Diesel, who I realize now really carried that movie.  Paul Walkers acting was really wooden. He was not at all convincing as a former cop turned street racer. More like former Blockbuster video clerk turned Boi Racer Wannabe....

The race scenes are way to Hollywood, flames shooting out of tail pipes, nitrous boosts that burn way too long, jumping bridges Dukes of Hazard style. The first movie had better (more realistic) cars and race scenes.  There are way too many product placement sponsorships plugs in this film. The whole movie is one big Snap-On, Sobe, Mitsubishi, commercial. Yes, the Mistsu Lancer EVO is a fast car, But so is the Subu WRX, but I guess Subu didn't want to pay $$$ to have their car featured in the film. Daimer Chysler donated A LOT of cars and trucks for this film.  I don't think there was a single Honda featured prominently in the movie, and Honda pretty much dominates the street racing community. Instead it was all Dodge, all the time, they had at least two Mistsu Eclipses, which is a great (slow) car made for the teenage daughters of rich parents....

The women in the this movie were as ugly as the cars, a flat cheasted Hispanic with a mouth like a carp, and an Asian ghetto mamma with a prune face.  The movie takes place in Florida, south beach I think. My apologies to those of you who live in Florida...because if the people there are anywhere near as swarthy looking as depicted in the film, I never want to go there. Way too many silk shirts, gold chains and a definite surplus of chest hair and pony tails. (my wife thought Vin Deisel and Paul Walker were both hot in the first film. The guys in this one would likely make her vomit).

The only things I liked about the movie was they had a Nissan Skyline in the opening race and the Animi type computer CGI graphic "race" they played along with the credits.  

I want my $9.50 and the two wasted hours of my life back.

Save your money, don't even rent it. If you want to see a cool car movie rent "Ronin" again or even "The Transporter."

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot... Anti-rice.com had some sweet teeshirts...

It had the Fast and Furious thing, but with smaller writing in between, so it read "your car is neither FAST nor FURIOUS"

He was only selling them for a short run, and they're not there on his site... I wanted one!  

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
this one is MORE unrealistic than the first?  how is that possible?

sorry, but................ 2 stupid 4 me
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Rice is Rice
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#5]
uncle bens doesnt even hold a candle to this crap.

just another excuse for loosers everywhere to put a fart tip on their civic, steal the acura emblem off my car and strp their gay selves in with their four point rice harness.  too bad they dont just sit on the couch breathing the No2 that would likely lead to them waking from their rice induced haze realizing that they spent last months paycheck on an airfoil for the back of their car that would outdo the Wright Brothers wright flyer in both size and use of early 20th century machining.

too bad my bone stock integra means that i get sweated by ricer boi's everywhere looking to show that they truly have rice dicks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The first movie had better (more realistic) cars and race scenes.
View Quote

You consider their "10 second" cars in the first one to be realistic?

The new Ferrari Enzo still takes over 11 seconds to hit the 1/4 mile... some ricer with a few mods isn't going to do unless dropped from a cargo plane.  Hey...maybe that's what those gay rear wings are really for!  [thinking]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The first movie had better (more realistic) cars and race scenes.
View Quote

You consider their "10 second" cars in the first one to be realistic?

The new Ferrari Enzo still takes over 11 seconds to hit the 1/4 mile... some ricer with a few mods isn't going to do unless dropped from a cargo plane.  Hey...maybe that's what those gay rear wings are really for!  [thinking]
View Quote

If you don't think that you could get a Supra into the 10s with much more than a bigger turbo, IC, and injectors, you need to re-check your figures. I hate the ricers, but give credit where credit is due.

As far as the Enzo, or most other super cars for that matter, they are not geared, nor designed to run the 1/4. Not a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#8]
fart tip
View Quote
LMAO

I thought the first movie sucked. If it were not for the old mopar muscle, and that dyslexic guy, there would have been no content.

I see these idiots everywhere. I like to mess with them since 90% of these "sport compacts" with way tacky bolt-ons have worn out stock engines. I toast allot of them with my very slow-ass 4x4 dodge.

Krylon+ground effects+fart tip = HP  [%|]

When I was young I always thought the poor '74-'78 Mustang II had to be the most gayed-up slow car made to look fast by idiots. Luckily for the Mustang II, the jap-car trend took over.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I was young I always thought the poor '74-'78 Mustang II had to be the most gayed-up slow car made to look fast by idiots. Luckily for the Mustang II, the jap-car trend took over.
View Quote

Now that car is the honda civic.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#10]
 That movie will probably come at a bad time here in FL. because illegal street racing is already rampent. Some kid killed his own mother in a street race about a year ago.
 Those Supra twin Turbo's are sweet, And thats from a strictly classic car guy. But their hardly a 16 YR olds ricer, I Haven't seen a 97 Twin Turbo under 27 grand.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 That movie will probably come at a bad time here in FL. because illegal street racing is already rampent. Some kid killed his own mother in a street race about a year ago.
 Those Supra twin Turbo's are sweet, And thats from a strictly classic car guy. But their hardly a 16 YR olds ricer, I Haven't seen a 97 Twin Turbo under 27 grand.  
View Quote

Show me a pimply kid in a Supra TT.

They are sweet! Most everyone can appreciate that car.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#12]
can it get any more stoopid?

i can't wait to hear them called "sports cars". neither can i wait for the braindead children of white suburbia start to emulate their favorite silver screen hero with mommy's borrowed camry.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The body count will rise after this POS runs a few weeks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
[b]The body count will rise after this POS runs a few weeks.[/b]

yup. teendweeb's pranged altima will be found with the 22-speaker 'system' turned up to eleven and his chrome 18" rims kissing a bridge abbutment.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#15]
What I don't get is why these riceboys bother trying to trick out a family/economy car?

Honda/Acura/etc does make a nice car that is reliable, but they are NOT designed nor geared for racing.

Heck, for the amount of money these kids dump into their car that was made for driving economy, they could have bought a sports car!
Heck, alhtough I am not a fan, a stock Honda S2000 will tear up most of these cars, and it's not that expensive.

Why buy a $30k family car, drop $10-20K in mods when for $50k you can buy a car that is designed to be fast?(not to mention if you  mod it..HOLD ON! Can you say..Lightenfelter modded Zo6!)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=6298[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Everytime I see these pimped out little Japanese raisers I want to get an old-school V8, a REAL muscle car. Too bad I'm not making the money to get one (or is it because I burn my money on other toys...)

Not by any means a muscle car, my beat up '69 Valiant still has more charm than any of the Jap raisers I see around town.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I have heard ricers bragging about their cars doing 11's.

I went to watch these ricers, and sure enough they did have 11 second cars!!!  BUT they were thinking Kennedale, not Ennis.  Ennis has 1/4 mile strip and Kennedale has 1/8 mile.  They were 17 and 18 seconds for 1/4 mile!!!!!!

Funny as shit!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Show me a pimply kid in a Supra TT.

They are sweet! Most everyone can appreciate that car.
View Quote

Around here I see rich kids driving most all of them I see. Last week I actually saw a kid who did not look old enough to drive, rolling down the street in a mint Typhoon.

It makes me very sad when I am rolling in my 87 NA Dodge Charger. Some day I will be out of school though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Ya Vin was pretty cool... but hey, Fast and Furious, to me, is all about laughing at this stuff.  I think it's hillarious.  Sounds like 2 Fast 2 Furious will be good too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Krylon+ground effects+fart tip = HP  [%|]

quote]

Type R sticker = +50 HP
Wing = +40HP, +75HP if it is higher than the roof
Fart Can = +30HP
Cold Air intake= +30HP
R/T stripes = +60HP

Also forgot to mention, on ricers, all your HP gains add up(ex. a +10hp exhaust and a +15hp intake will give you +25hp)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Great review, AR15fan.  Very funny

My apologies to those of you who live in Florida...because if the people there are anywhere near as swarthy looking as depicted in the film, I never want to go there. Way too many silk shirts, gold chains and a definite surplus of chest hair and pony tails.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

i can't wait to hear them called "sports cars".
View Quote

Ricer cars like the Dodge SRT-4, Sentra Spec V & SE-R, Subu WRX, Mitsu Lancer EVO, Honda Civic Si, are traditionaly classified as "sport compacts"
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why buy a $30k family car, drop $10-20K in mods when for $50k you can buy a car that is designed to be fast?(not to mention if you  mod it..HOLD ON! Can you say..Lightenfelter modded Zo6!)
View Quote

Your math is way off. More like buy a $5,000 sport compact, spend $3,000 on mods and beat $16,000.00 Mustangs all day.

The Dodge SRT-4, which is a riced out Neon, is the fastest car made for under $20,000.00. faster than the "classic" american V8 muscle car Ford Mustang GT. so dont dismiss the entire class, or some kid in a WRX Sti will blow your doors off.

Dodge (Neon) SRT-4
[img]http://www.auto1.hu/autoszalon/images/la_chrysler_05.jpg[/img]

WRX Sti
[img]http://www.auto1.hu/autoszalon/images/paris_subaru_01.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I personally refer to 2 Fast 2 Furious as [i]The Faster And The Furiouserer.[/i] [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have heard ricers bragging about their cars doing 11's.

I went to watch these ricers, and sure enough they did have 11 second cars!!!  BUT they were thinking Kennedale, not Ennis.  Ennis has 1/4 mile strip and Kennedale has 1/8 mile.  They were 17 and 18 seconds for 1/4 mile!!!!!!

Funny as shit!
View Quote

I personally know of a few cars that will run mid 10's on a 1/4 mile. Large turbos with lots of Juice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Everytime I see these pimped out little Japanese raisers I want to get an old-school V8, a REAL muscle car. Too bad I'm not making the money to get one (or is it because I burn my money on other toys...)

Not by any means a muscle car, my beat up '69 Valiant still has more charm than any of the Jap raisers I see around town.[:D]
View Quote

there is no doubt something to be said about ahving the stealth of a family car or a compact sendan with a puny four cylinder with a nasty turbo in the loop.  there is nothing like smoking someone in their v8 whatever with a family car, it is good for laughs for sure.  the rediculous point is when all the mods are for "appearance" and the appearance is "this car goes fast." then when the pedal hits the floor a fart can hit the pavement along with the tinkertoy rear wing and erector set roll cage and duct tape window netting with an empty aqua-net can painted to look like no2 in the rear and three dinner plate size tach and boost guages running off of the 1.3l I4 that puts out 100hp to the front wheels shod in 145/65 r14 kmart blue special goodness with their krylon sprayed three spoke wheelcover goodness blingin in the sun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I've seen a Honda Civic run the quarter in less than 10 seconds, but the car spends most of it's time not running between 1320 trips.  It's a street car, but it's never been reliable enough to be a daily driver.

We've got this really cute girl here in Houston who's got a cobbled together Civic that she put together from spare parts her friends had lying around.  It runs 11's and is a complete sleeper.  If you didn't pop the hood, you'd never know it was anything more than a stock red civic.  And she's did most of the wrench turning herself.

I drive a sport compact, and get revved on all the time.  Let's just say I've left more than a few rice boys with fart tips way back there, and my car's not even heavily modded.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We've got this really cute girl here in Houston who's got a cobbled together Civic that she put together from spare parts her friends had lying around.  It runs 11's and is a complete sleeper.  If you didn't pop the hood, you'd never know it was anything more than a stock red civic.  And she's did most of the wrench turning herself.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

I think that I saw a writeup on her in a mag. She is a looker, and if it is the same car, your right. I would never peg that thing for a 15sec car, let alone 11s.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#30]
this is skullwork's dream car: [:D]

435HP small block V8 in a mint Ford Fairmont RWD.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13544[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Nissan Rice

Spec-V
[img]http://cartalk.cars.com/Info/Testdrive/Reviews/Images/sentra02-front3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

there is no doubt something to be said about ahving the stealth of a family car or a compact sendan with a puny four cylinder with a nasty turbo in the loop.  there is nothing like smoking someone in their v8 whatever with a family car, it is good for laughs for sure.  the rediculous point is when all the mods are for "appearance" and the appearance is "this car goes fast."
View Quote
Yeah, that is true (both points.) I'd still like to get a classic muscle car though, not so much from the performance standpoint, but from esthetics.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
this is skullwork's dream car: [:D]

435HP small block V8 in a mint Ford Fairmont RWD.
View Quote
Ouch! Not quite, but thanks though. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Your math is way off. More like buy a $5,000 sport compact, spend $3,000 on mods and beat $16,000.00 Mustangs all day.
View Quote

Umm... what exactly would you spend that 3,000 on?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I didn't see the first movie, and I doubt I'll see the second.

The ricers havent gotten to the supras here yet.
There are only 4-5 confirmed supra TT sightings in the KC area.
I know a guy who owns a 98 supra tt, nice car, unless you have to ride on the shelf.

We have many kinds of ricers in KC,  rice ricers, race ricers, jbody ricers.  They all piss me off.

I've though about starting a side biz of making vinyl graphics, just to rip these little halfpint jap wannabe "boi"'s off.

Edit, and what ever happened to the Vega/Monza with the suped up smallblock?  or better, a Vega with an LT1 in it.  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Badass" decals.  A bolt-on spoiler that weighs more than the rest of the car.  Brightly colored disc brakes  Gold rims.  Yellow tires (yes, actual yellow colored rubber).  A fake hood scoop.  Paper mache body panels that make it look like a Corvette or a Ferrari.  An air dam on the front end that scrapes the road when braking.  Half a ton of speakers so your "try to go fast" music will be heard 2 miles away.
[i]Then[/i] you can start with the performance mods.
View Quote

Thats why they don't paint the hood, to save on weight.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Badass" decals.  A bolt-on spoiler that weighs more than the rest of the car.  Brightly colored disc brakes  Gold rims.  Yellow tires (yes, actual yellow colored rubber).  A fake hood scoop.  Paper mache body panels that make it look like a Corvette or a Ferrari.  An air dam on the front end that scrapes the road when braking.  Half a ton of speakers so your "try to go fast" music will be heard 2 miles away.
[i]Then[/i] you can start with the performance mods.
View Quote

Thats why they don't paint the hood, to save on weight.
View Quote

dude, thats just a carbon [s]fiber[/s] primer hood! saves [s]weight[/s] paint.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#39]
i find it particularly funny that i can run 496 cubic inches(8.1L) of chevrolet big block through dual 2.5" pipes, yet a honda civic with something like a 1.8L needs a 7" exhaust tip to truly perform................
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I didn't know movies could get any worse than "The Transporter".

I guess a movie that has a Sig 551 in it can't be all bad.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#41]
there was this punk who used to run around here in a RiceChex box of some type...with all of the obligatory decals, wings, guages and shit...[b]BUT[/b] this kid had big racing slicks [b]ON THE REAR[/b]...and one of those [b]HUGE[/b] pro stock hood scoops that come all the way back to the windshield (ya know, the kind that should have a big assed 671 blower under it).

One day he parked next to me at the grocery store...so, I just [b]had[/b] to ask him: "You [b]DO know[/b] your car is front wheel drive, right?"
"And you [b]DO KNOW[/b] your motor sits sideways, and nowhere [b]near[/b] that hood scoop, right?"

Who had that link to that picture storyline with the toy riceburner, and the little pimp daddy figures?
"My boys said the red seats would make it fast, and I didnt need to paint the hood"
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
One day he parked next to me at the grocery store...so, I just [b]had[/b] to ask him: "You [b]DO know[/b] your car is front wheel drive, right?"
"And you [b]DO KNOW[/b] your motor sits sideways, and nowhere [b]near[/b] that hood scoop, right?"
View Quote
[rofl]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#43]
both movies sucked, the second one more so then the first
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#44]
i think i would rather eat broken glass then see it [:o]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Edit, and what ever happened to the Vega/Monza with the suped up smallblock?  or better, a Vega with an LT1 in it.  [:)]
View Quote

They all rusted away...[;D]  Given a choice go Vega, much better looking car than the Monza.  Especially the '71-73.  Use small bumperettes & a spoiler/airdam & she'll look like a baby Camaro SS.  A tweaked Buick 231 or 252 V6 would be more practical.  More than enuff power to haul ass & better handling.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Last week, I saw an older (mid 50s) couple driving a late 90s Chevy Cavalier that was sporting a rear spoiler that was at least as high as the roof of the car.

It was their car and there were no mods to the engine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
[b]The body count will rise after this POS runs a few weeks.[/b]

yup. teendweeb's pranged altima will be found with the 22-speaker 'system' turned up to eleven and his chrome 18" rims kissing a bridge abbutment.
View Quote

I agree with Campy...
I like high performance automobiles as much as anyone, but these two movies glorifying street racing should have never been made. Death tolls via car crashes will rise among teens this year because of crap like this.

My stock 1970 426 Hemi Cuda will blow any of 'em off the strip!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
uncle bens doesnt even hold a candle to this crap.

just another excuse for loosers everywhere to put a fart tip on their civic, steal the acura emblem off my car and strp their gay selves in with their four point rice harness.  too bad they dont just sit on the couch breathing the No2 that would likely lead to them waking from their rice induced haze realizing that they spent last months paycheck on an airfoil for the back of their car that would outdo the Wright Brothers wright flyer in both size and use of early 20th century machining.

too bad my bone stock integra means that i get sweated by ricer boi's everywhere looking to show that they truly have rice dicks.
View Quote

What's really fun is when my "bone-stock" 98 Integra smokes most of these dumbazz's.  You'd think they would realize that, unless you drop some real performance parts in the car, it's best to just sit at the house and play Need 4 Speed or something like that.  

It takes a real idiot to take a boatload of money, buy some crap parts and lots of stereo equipment, then think you're cool because your car now goes [b]slower[/b] than stock.[>:/]

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#49]
and Honda pretty much dominates the street racing community
View Quote

Whatever. Where the hell have you been street racing?

and what ever happened to the Vega/Monza with the suped up smallblock? or better, a Vega with an LT1 in it
View Quote

I had a good friend who put a 396 and 400turbo out of a pickup into a '73 vega fastback. No hood and pair of vice grips through the floor to shift. It was the fastest thing around after 40 mph or so until the front end completely feel apart after about a month.

THAT was a wild ride.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#50]
The truth is you can make a turd go fast...

I don't believe for a second you can take a couple of grand and throw it at a ricer and go in the 10's.
Heck if thats all it takes why doesn't Honda own the whole automobile industry?? I mean if they can make a 10 second car for $16,000 I'd buy one. After all they already have the market,they already have the R&D....Simple answer it takes more than a few grand matter of fact it would take alot of $$$ to make a 10 second ricer. Heck check out the rice mags they do those project cars and they are in the tens of thousand range and thats with free labor thrown in.  Another point is that a 10-12 second car is gonna REALLLY wear all kinda of stuff on FWD cars that they really weren't designed for. Simple fact is that 90% of rice out there don't go fast. stickers, exhaust, rims and wings.  These things don't make ya go fast.  Plain and simple.  
Yes there are exceptions to any rule...See my first sentence.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top