Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics of lesbians?

Skinamax lesbians, not real life lesbians please
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]
can I board the first ship to Proxima Centauri?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Then where the fuck am I going to sit?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://courts.state.ny.us/Reporter/3dseries/2016/2016_05903.htm

A woman's lesbian girlfriend can now be found to be the "parent" of a child she has no genetic or legal relationship with.

Awesome! Who needs to make boat payments!
View Quote

this new gay marriage thing will 100% redo custody / divorces, and the traditional idea that the woman gets the kid, vs the man.  woman vs woman / two mothers, , and man vs man / two daddies.. .. who gets the kid?  the one with the free time to actually raise the kid? or the one with the money who can actually afford the kid?   we gave the kid to the dad last week, because he has the money to raise the kid, over the other dad... so, why would we give the kid to mom this week, when shes dead broke, etc.

I see this changing which parent gets the kids down the road eventually.  not to mention child support, etc.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

next to me?

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#8]
TL;DR

Break this down for me. So if I get a chick pregnant, and she has a lesbian girlfriend, the court can force some kind of 3-way parenting deal?

Wait a minute. I read it, and agree completely.

Summary:

2 lesbos live together and are "domestic partners* and agree that one of them will get pregnant (turkey baster, not old school way).

Lesbo gets pregnant.

They raise the kid together.

Lesbos break up.

Lesbo doesn't want to pay child support.

Stare Decisis is stupid, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pics of lesbians?

View Quote

Uh, you aren't familiar with NY Lesbians I take it
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A woman's lesbian girlfriend can now be found to be the "parent" of a child she has no genetic or legal relationship with.

View Quote

LOL @ The plaintiffs lacked the means to travel outside NYS. Traveling outside NYS...quite the hardship.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of lesbians?

They look like construction workers without a dick.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fuck stare decisis, because feelings.
View Quote

This is what judicial tyranny looks like. All sorts of good intentions! The best part is that every couple appears to not pursued any existing legal mechanism to regularize their relationship like adoption or marriage. I also throughly enjoyed the granting of ethnicity by the non biological parent to the child.

Also, since you can open carry a SMG in Vermont, the court's desire of common law tradition of comity should mean you can do so in upstate NY.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#13]
She did have a legal relationship according to the court.

Petitioner and respondent entered into a relationship in 2006 and, one year later, announced their engagement [FN1]. At the time, however, this was a purely symbolic gesture; same-sex couples could not legally marry in New York. Petitioner and respondent lacked the resources to travel to another jurisdiction to enter into a legal arrangement comparable to marriage, and it was then unclear whether New York would recognize an out-of-state same-sex union.

Shortly thereafter, the couple jointly decided to have a child and agreed that respondent would carry the child. In 2008, respondent became pregnant through artificial insemination. During respondent's pregnancy, petitioner regularly attended prenatal doctor's appointments, remained involved in respondent's care, and joined respondent in the emergency [*3]room when she had a complication during the pregnancy. Respondent went into labor in June 2009. Petitioner stayed by her side and, when the subject child, a baby boy, was born, petitioner cut the umbilical cord. The couple gave the child petitioner's last name.

The parties continued to live together with the child and raised him jointly, sharing in all major parental responsibilities. Petitioner stayed at home with the child for a year while respondent returned to work. The child referred to petitioner as "Mama B."

In 2010, the parties ended their relationship. Initially, respondent permitted petitioner regular visits with the child. In late 2012, however, petitioner's relationship with respondent deteriorated and, in or about July 2013, respondent effectively terminated petitioner's contact with the child.

Subsequently, petitioner commenced this proceeding seeking joint custody of the child and regular visitation. Family Court appointed an attorney for the child. That attorney determined that the child's best interests would be served by allowing regular visitation with petitioner.
View Quote

This makes sense. Suppose you and your wife adopted a baby. You divorce later and the court awards you visitation. You didn't conceive the kid, but you certainly had a custodial relationship with him.

For your homework assignment, you must file an amicus brief on their behalf to explain why Martha Stewart Living has to pay child support since they provided the turkey baster.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is what judicial tyranny looks like. All sorts of good intentions! The best part is that every couple appears to not pursued any existing legal mechanism to regularize their relationship like adoption or marriage. I also throughly enjoyed the granting of ethnicity by the non biological parent to the child.

Also, since you can open carry a SMG in Vermont, the court's desire of common law tradition of comity should mean you can do so in upstate NY.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A court issuing a new ruling is judicial tyranny? Really?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Good! Let's screw up all the things.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So because I feel really strongly about something, I don't have the same requirements of judicial self-help? I just need a nice court to say that I really, really mean it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

An adoption makes the adoptive parents the actual parents of the child.  As in, they issue a new birth certificate with the adoptive parents' names listed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Petitioner and respondent entered into a relationship in 2006 and, one year later, announced their engagement [FN1]. At the time, however, this was a purely symbolic gesture; same-sex couples could not legally marry in New York. Petitioner and respondent lacked the resources to travel to another jurisdiction to enter into a legal arrangement comparable to marriage, and it was then unclear whether New York would recognize an out-of-state same-sex union.

Shortly thereafter, the couple jointly decided to have a child and agreed that respondent would carry the child. In 2008, respondent became pregnant through artificial insemination. During respondent's pregnancy, petitioner regularly attended prenatal doctor's appointments, remained involved in respondent's care, and joined respondent in the emergency [*3]room when she had a complication during the pregnancy. Respondent went into labor in June 2009. Petitioner stayed by her side and, when the subject child, a baby boy, was born, petitioner cut the umbilical cord. The couple gave the child petitioner's last name.

The parties continued to live together with the child and raised him jointly, sharing in all major parental responsibilities. Petitioner stayed at home with the child for a year while respondent returned to work. The child referred to petitioner as "Mama B."

In 2010, the parties ended their relationship. Initially, respondent permitted petitioner regular visits with the child. In late 2012, however, petitioner's relationship with respondent deteriorated and, in or about July 2013, respondent effectively terminated petitioner's contact with the child.

Subsequently, petitioner commenced this proceeding seeking joint custody of the child and regular visitation. Family Court appointed an attorney for the child. That attorney determined that the child's best interests would be served by allowing regular visitation with petitioner.

This makes sense. Suppose you and your wife adopted a baby. You divorce later and the court awards you visitation. You didn't conceive the kid, but you certainly had a custodial relationship with him.

For your homework assignment, you must file an amicus brief on their behalf to explain why Martha Stewart Living has to pay child support since they provided the turkey baster.

An adoption makes the adoptive parents the actual parents of the child.  As in, they issue a new birth certificate with the adoptive parents' names listed.

Fuck your actual legal channel!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Penguins are the most promiscuous of the flightless birds, if you let that egg hatch you better be ready to pay up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I presume that she is paying child support then...she should...in for a penny, in for a pound.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Pics of lesbians?

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Good. I fully support this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of lesbians?

https://i.imgur.com/m9ptXNT.jpg

Damn you reality!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pics of lesbians?

View Quote

you should see the lesbians in philly

philly is a real blue collar beer drinking bratwurst eating kind of town.  

picture two women that look like john goodman holding hands with a grim look on their face

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

picture two women that look like john goodman holding hands with a grim look on their face

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of lesbians?

Go on....

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

this new gay marriage thing will 100% redo custody / divorces, and the traditional idea that the woman gets the kid, vs the man.  woman vs woman / two mothers, , and man vs man / two daddies.. .. who gets the kid?  the one with the free time to actually raise the kid? or the one with the money who can actually afford the kid?   we gave the kid to the dad last week, because he has the money to raise the kid, over the other dad... so, why would we give the kid to mom this week, when shes dead broke, etc.

I see this changing which parent gets the kids down the road eventually.  not to mention child support, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's simple the state will choose which side most benefits the state, with the main purpose of locking down one or more of the parties with child support for up to 24 years. The parties involved are already tax slaves so when it's possible for the state to tighten its grip over one or more of the parties, it's one step closer to its goal of total servitude.

The state is the master and we are its slaves.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip.

Your example involves adoption. Express agreement to support/raise the child. Same sex stuff muddies it.

Let's say you marry a woman that has a 1 year old child. You raise the kid for 15-16 years and then divorce the wife. Unless you adopted her kid along the way, you are not on the hook.

ETA: The twist with the story is the domestic partnership. In many states if a woman is married when pregnant, the spouse is the presumptive parent, triggering obligation.

The laws have not caught up yet.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hold the phone here.

When you say "lesbian girlfriend", do you mean "girlfriend" in the classical sense as it would mean if we were talking about a heterosexual couple?  IE: They have an intimate relationship and are dating but are not legally married?

If so...Yhea I've got a fucking problem with that.
The only reason we would give a straight woman's boyfriend rights with the child is that it's his genetic material, it's his kid too...

I understand the "equality" argument that the pro-LGBTQQIAA2 (did I get all the letters?  Holy shit either Firefox recognizes that as a word or it just gave up on spellchecking it...) would make about how IF the two lesbians were a straight couple and IF she was a man she would have XYZ rights...But she's not a man, and they're not straight...  She's just some woman with no legal connection and no biological connection...  Should have tied the knot now that gay marriage is legal BEFORE having a kid...

The couple gave the child petitioner's last name.
View Quote

................Did they both put their names on the birth certificate?
On one hand yes that indicates some commitment to the relationship...

On the other hand, any one of us could name our child Moon Lander Tree-Earth-Love-Rock-Hug-Spirit and that would be their legally retarded name...
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This will come as a shock to you, but when a husband and wife adopt a child, they become the child's legal parents. If Cheyenne and Bubba are shacked up and Cheyenne gets knocked up by some random dude Bubba brought home to bang her because they get off on that sort of thing, Bubba may have a custodial relationship with the child, but he has no legal relationship with the child. Mileage may vary in NY.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#34]
there is no agenda...
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Go on....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pics of lesbians?

Go on....

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it or not, the USSC rewrote the laws on gay marriage after this happened.

Respondent moved to dismiss the petition, asserting that petitioner lacked standing to seek visitation or custody under Domestic Relations Law § 70 as interpreted in Alison D. because, in the absence of a biological or adoptive connection to the child, petitioner was not a "parent" within the meaning of the statute. Petitioner and the attorney for the child opposed the motion, contending that, in light of the Legislature's enactment of the Marriage Equality Act (see L 2011, ch 95; Domestic Relations Law § 10-a) and other changes in the law, Alison D. should no longer be followed. They further argued that petitioner's longstanding parental relationship with the child conferred standing to seek custody and visitation under principles of equitable estoppel.

The one who didn't birth the baby should have later adopted (if that was possible at the time), but the gay marriage decision was much later.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My example was not a good one. I was trying to get to the issue of whether or not it would have been possible for the other woman to adopt the baby in 2008.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top